The Notorious J Notorious/Outcast/Notorious/Outcast/Outcast/Notorious/Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Alright. Figured it's time I let the forum in on what it took to get my Notorious 6s to where it is today. This is a quick run up, and I'll add photos every once and a while to show how it got to here. For reference, the truck was purchased new in December 2018
Stage 1 upgrades:
-Hot Racing front & rear chassis braces, servo mount. center dif cup and sliding motor mount
-Failed attempt at the Thomas P tower to tower brace
-Shimmed difs
-Fast Eddy sealed bearings
Stage 2:
-RPM wing mounts
-Just Bash It Rc front & rear towers and rear brace mount
-T Bone front bumper and rear wheelie bar
-Hot Racing Wheel nuts
-Rear mud guards
Stage 3:
-Arrma adjustable motor mount
-M2C Racing Goliath chassis and front shock stand offs
-Home made t2t brace that does not touch towers. Utilizes a fiber glass pole strapped to chassis braces.
-RPM front bumper and skid plates
-Savox SW0231MG servo
-Switch to Traxxas water tight receiver box
Stage 4
-M2C Racing rear shock tower and tower supports
-Battery tray modification by @Jimbobjr using captive T nuts
-Switch front axles to rear cvd's
Stage 5
-Hot Racing front hubs/steering blocks
-Hot Racing gear box (rear only)
-Voltage Hobbies suspension mounts (rear 2)
-Custom Rc Upgrades suspension mounts (front 3)
-Backflip Lp tires
-25kg DS3225 servo
Stage 6
-Flysky GT5 radio and receiver
-switch back to Arrma receiver box
-fan and heat sink on motor.
-shimmed all four hexes 8 mm id 10 mm od to remove slop in the four corners
Stage 7
-Switch back to Tactic radio and receiver
-Monstrously huge 135 mm diameter by 70 mm wide K Force Racing tires

These upgrades do not include countless RPM arms (front and rear) as I consider these wear and tear items. The truck is on it's 6th body including 3 Outcast. There are also many small hardware upgrades that were not available on my version including the no pop off ball ends on the steering links and newer Arrma full head droop screws. The truck has also seen many motor and esc replacements, but always using Arrma stock.
I have bins of bent towers, broken arms, bumpers, wing mounts, servos, gear boxes, shocks, rod ends, shock stand offs, hinge pins, turnbuckles, ackerman plates, wings, wheelie bars, dog bones, drive shafts and various other parts. The only original parts remaining on the truck are the rear hubs, servo saver and steering posts, front mud guards and the aluminum top plate. Every other part has been replaced or upgraded, some multiple times. I will try to post a new pic each day showing it's evolution, but here's how it looks today
20200516_130755.jpg

Where have you been J’ we’ve missed you..
Hope your doing well and staying safe..???

The Notorious/Outcast king..? your truck has seen a lot of parts over the 2 years..!!
Question, any mods you’ve done that were a waste of time..?? And also best mod..??
I saw a Traxxass part in there too, how dare you..??
Can’t wait to see more updates on here..??

Those “Monstrously huge 135 mm diameter by 70 mm wide K Force Racing tires” are they a cheapo Amazon/eBay find..?? Haven’t seen them before but they remind me of the Sweep terrain/road crushers..!!

??

Where have you been J’ we’ve missed you..
Hope your doing well and staying safe..???

The Notorious/Outcast king..? your truck has seen a lot of parts over the 2 years..!!
Question, any mods you’ve done that were a waste of time..?? And also best mod..??
I saw a Traxxass part in there too, how dare you..??
Can’t wait to see more updates on here..??

Those “Monstrously huge 135 mm diameter by 70 mm wide K Force Racing tires” are they a cheapo Amazon/eBay find..?? Haven’t seen them before but they remind me of the Sweep terrain/road crushers..!!

??
New job with long hours so social has taken a back seat. Best mod is the M2C chassis, hands down. The Custom Rc Upgrades suspension mounts are a close second. I don't think anything was ever a waste, as you need to start from the bottom and work your way up while learning what both you and the truck can handle. The T Bone front bumper was a bit of a flop and I don't know if there is a wing mount that could ever really survive the thrashing these short wheel base trucks exert. The Hot Racing braces are still holding up, but the motor mount bit the bullet pretty quick. Trial and error has been the special of the day since day one, and I'm still learning now. I did find the tires on Ebay and they are quite cheap. After a couple of good hauls on both the Noto and the Typhon, I'd say they're good bang for the buck. You really have to set your alignment well though. Camber and toe will take their toll quickly if not adjusted properly. K Force Racing is the brand.

Looks like a nice new shiny lid?. Hopefully that new job will put more arrma’s in your fleet?. And not keep you away too much. We miss ya J????
Thanks brother. The new job is likely 6 days a week, but this is a long weekend in Canada, so I got a break pretty early. Can't see my rc game being as "robust" as before, but hoping I can at least warm the bench and get a chance every once and a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back