The Notorious needs an external BEC..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure that's the issue and that you don't have something binding or a loose servo saver? People run all sorts of upgraded servos without an external BEC.

The castle 10 amp is my go to bec. Are u still going to run 6volts through the bec? If raising the voltage, U might want to consider a Rx bypass also not u might burn up your stock receiver.

Are you sure that's the issue and that you don't have something binding or a loose servo saver? People run all sorts of upgraded servos without an external BEC.

... Re checking everything, It may not be a bec issue after all.. The steering screw I installed today is already loose and almost falling out again..

There may be other poop now..

Still gonna get a new bec tho lol

EDIT: Holy poop, the servo screws already back to the chassis... I'm gonna have to take this thing apart tomorrow and locktite and super glue the living fiddlestick out of everything...

Good looking B!

Last edited:
The castle 10 amp is my go to bec. Are u still going to run 6volts through the bec? If raising the voltage, U might want to consider a Rx bypass also not u might burn up your stock receiver.

Likely will push it to the full 7.4v the servo is capable of, and yeah I have my eye on a bec bypass harness for the main ESC not gonna clip wires on a perfectly good ESC lol

what is a BEC?
Every ESC has one internally built it. It stands for battery eliminator circuit. It allows you batteries to provide separate power to your servo. The internal bec in the BLX185 provides 6 volts of power to the servo. By using an external Bec you can supply more power to your servo and this make it perform better.

Every ESC has one internally built it. It stands for battery eliminator circuit. It allows you batteries to provide separate power to your servo. The internal bec in the BLX185 provides 6 volts of power to the servo. By using an external Bec you can supply more power to your servo and this make it perform better.
To add onto that, ESC's can have a bit of an anemic BEC circuit in them, limited available amperage. Some allow you to adjust the output voltage to leverage the speed/performance of high voltage servos, but they all have a current limit. So if you have a really thirsty servo, running a good external BEC allows you to supply more current/amps than the ESC can.

Some of castle's ESC's are limited to 5-5.5V and tend to be pretty low on current, less than 5A. The stall current on some of the servos we use can exceed 10A, which could fry a BEC circuit in a weak ESC.

One of the servos a lot of us use on here is the Savox 1210SG. At 6V, it's stall current is 6A. At 7.4V, it's 7.4A. One of castles "good" esc's is the mamba monster X. It's BEC circuit is only capable of 8A. Add a fan or two onto what the 1210SG will pull and it's right on the line of too much for that ESC. Which is probably why they sell a line of external BEC's as well.

To add onto that, ESC's can have a bit of an anemic BEC circuit in them, limited available amperage. Some allow you to adjust the output voltage to leverage the speed/performance of high voltage servos, but they all have a current limit. So if you have a really thirsty servo, running a good external BEC allows you to supply more current/amps than the ESC can.

Some of castle's ESC's are limited to 5-5.5V and tend to be pretty low on current, less than 5A. The stall current on some of the servos we use can exceed 10A, which could fry a BEC circuit in a weak ESC.

One of the servos a lot of us use on here is the Savox 1210SG. At 6V, it's stall current is 6A. At 7.4V, it's 7.4A. One of castles "good" esc's is the mamba monster X. It's BEC circuit is only capable of 8A. Add a fan or two onto what the 1210SG will pull and it's right on the line of too much for that ESC. Which is probably why they sell a line of external BEC's as well.

I have a MMX in my Typhon with the BEC set to 7.4. With the same Savox 1210SGasmy other trucks the difference is night and day. The wheels snap left to right so so much faster and the servo is much stronger. I am definitely considering external BEC's for my Notorious and Kraton to get the most out of that Savox.

I have a MMX in my Typhon with the BEC set to 7.4. With the same Savox 1210SGasmy other trucks the difference is night and day. The wheels snap left to right so so much faster and the servo is much stronger. I am definitely considering external BEC's for my Notorious and Kraton to get the most out of that Savox.
What's the part number on the one you're using in the Typhon? I've only tried one BEC in the past on my Tra**as, after putting in a new Savox servo. Either I hadn't installed it correctly, or the one I bought wasn't strong enough. I didn't know any better at the time, and went with what the lhs guy gave me.

What's the part number on the one you're using in the Typhon? I've only tried one BEC in the past on my Tra**as, after putting in a new Savox servo. Either I hadn't installed it correctly, or the one I bought wasn't strong enough. I didn't know any better at the time, and went with what the lhs guy gave me.

I am using the BEC that is in the ESC of the Mamba Monster X.

Dose anyone have a BEC pic of there rig, just wanted to c how people r hooking there’s up And at what “spots/parts” of the esc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back