The Official Unofficial What Did You Break Today Thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I always wanted to do one of these.

This is what I broke today. (Sorry for crappy pic my phone went full retard and I had to use my 10 year old point and shoot)
We have one broken shock shaft.
One broken shock piston from a different shock.
And one shock mount screw.
I have no clue what the heck that tiny piece of metal is. It fell out of the chassis when I flipped the truck over. None of the teeth are missing on my spur and pinion.
Adyxwwjl.jpg

Typhon body developed a crack around the front post from hard hashing with new truggy wheels (or maybe it became brittle from me trying to strip the paint).
I'm of the opinion that body posts should absorb some energy too, obviously not the case on the Typhon.

I'm not even sure how this happened. Was jumping a pile of dirt on 4s and on one of the launches I hear a clink then when it lands I just had 3wd because the dog bone flew out. Could not find the missing half of the hinge pin retainer. Total cost to replace everything $28.66 with shipping.
v9LizI5l.jpg

Broke my glasses thank goodness for super glue.

Attachments

• 15098544927671533200129.jpg
    15098544927671533200129.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 33
How do I manage this stuff? Looks like the aluminum shock cartridge caps on the Tekno shocks are worth it.
7uECVidl.jpg

It looks like something hit the shock.
72J1XyDl.jpg

SSYuGadl.jpg

Last edited:
Ended up ordering a new shock kit, as my shopping cart in eBay was already at $37 in parts needed to fix it, while the entire shock kit was only $40.49.

I always wanted to do one of these.

This is what I broke today. (Sorry for crappy pic my phone went full retard and I had to use my 10 year old point and shoot)
We have one broken shock shaft.
One broken shock piston from a different shock.
And one shock mount screw.
I have no clue what the heck that tiny piece of metal is. It fell out of the chassis when I flipped the truck over. None of the teeth are missing on my spur and pinion.
View attachment 12423
could the mistress piece of steel be a axle pin or drive shafts?

Since this thread has risen again, I will contribute. Finally broke an A-arm on my Granite 4x4 BLX. Thankfully I have a Granite 4x4 Mega donor car.

The last time anyone had posted in this thread was November 2017. Then you revived it from the grave. Hence the holy thread necro batman.
1ioqv5.jpg

Broke my ring gear running on just rear drive, I would have just waited for my new axle, so upset... the plastic input gear where out were the bearing rides and had enuff play too skip the gear

Broke my ring gear running on just rear drive, I would have just waited for my new axle, so upset... the plastic input gear where out were the bearing rides and had enuff play too skip the gear
I should have just changed the input gear when I noticed it worn, but someone said sent it, now it's going to cost almost 100 too fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back