Mojave The overrated RC. The arrma mojave EXB/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone saying there mojo is nose heavy... the battery tray has 2 different locations it can be secured to the chassis. move it back closer to the rear. Its about 1" further back and makes a massive difference on the performance in air. Mine floats through the air like a damn glider after moving the tray back.
G'day. Today I took out my Mojave for the first time.. BMX track with plenty of jumps and stock Mojave with 2 3S...
I read the above yesterday, and I was about to move the battery backward until I realised that with the battery in the forward (original) position the car COG is perfectly locate in the middle of the chassis. Moving the battery tray back does damage the otherwise perfect COG.
Today at the track it took a while to get used to jump, but once you master the accelerating for nose up or braking for nose down, it gets quite easy after a while to do perfect landing on all four.. This is off course my personal experience today..

Pulling this thread back up. It is absolutely possible to control my EXB in the air, and I only get really mild air. If someone is really launching one of these there should be ample time to control it in the air. I just don’t do that, this is a big, heavy truck. Don’t understand how one could continue to lawn dart this truck time after time after so much practice.
I’ve only had mine for this summer, but I’ve not broken anything yet except the body after some pretty gnarly crashes. Two runs ago I was doing a speed run and lost control. It rolled and then started cartwheeling, launched itself into the woods and hit a tree pretty hard about 10 feet off the ground (I heard a NASTY smack) and went another 20 or 30 feet into the woods. It left the road at 57mph. I went with a heavy heart to retrieve it and there was no mechanical damage I could find. Freaking miracle, I don’t understand how nothing broke. It snapped the right A-pillar on the body in half, and put a few more small rips and creases in the body. That’s it. Almost inconceivable to me. Definitely luck, but even so I don’t believe any other truck I own would have survived that crash without serious damage.

Yes, that’s true. All said I would never characterize the Mojave as overrated. It’s definitely the most rugged truck I’ve ever owned, and not by any small margin.

I certainly love mine as a speed runner. If I tried bashing it like a Kraton expecting the same results, I would find it overrated as well. But who’s fault would that be? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣🤔

The Mojave is still my favorite. Bash it like a Kraton, yes it will disappoint. Drive it like a SCT and you will have better luck. Like scale cars, they all behave different. To think you can tune and dial the Mojave to become like another open wheel basher is fruitless. And goes against you.
Yeah the body post and bumper spring setup could be much better for sure. Needing spares etc.
But at least I am not breaking wings and wing mounts and arms like my Noto and Kraton. There are some tradoffs.
The Mojave is not over rated. Just different. I drive it differently than the rest. Maybe that' s why I haven't gotten bored with it yet.:unsure:
It is large and in charge if you drive accordingly. The body tends to be top heavy. If there is any complaint of mine. And it def .needs the Scortched RC fenders, without question. I installed a Lexan windshield on it and it drives much flatter, handles better wide open. Less drag over 40mph.
I think 6s is the sweet spot for the Mojave. ( V1 RTR Mojave with M2c chassis and braces) Any faster and it becomes hard to control. Carnage....:rolleyes:
Many guys are running 8s gear with all the heavier upgrade gear.. The Springs need to be upgraded at some point. Option parts available.
The shocks are designed to be plush. Just part of the ride and traction inherent with smaller SCT wheels for it's scale.
My spin.

Last edited:
G'day. Today I took out my Mojave for the first time.. BMX track with plenty of jumps and stock Mojave with 2 3S...
I read the above yesterday, and I was about to move the battery backward until I realised that with the battery in the forward (original) position the car COG is perfectly locate in the middle of the chassis. Moving the battery tray back does damage the otherwise perfect COG.
Today at the track it took a while to get used to jump, but once you master the accelerating for nose up or braking for nose down, it gets quite easy after a while to do perfect landing on all four.. This is off course my personal experience today..
You are still new at this. But great you enjoy the Mojave.
Get some spare parts if plan on bashing it hard on cement. Big air and all.
I also shifted the lipo tray/ rx box forward and back. I like it forward. ( stock) Under load front lifts hard as it is in stock trim. Adjust your front shock preload better. Yes the Mojave appears well balanced weight wise in stock config. Seen with my Cross weight scale. The problem is at the front shocks. Need more preload. I also reduced a bit of rear shock preload to offset weight roll fore and aft. Using stiffer spring rates on all fours can help. At least on the front shocks first.
I run a V1 RTR Mojave with M2C chassis, braces, and JBI towers. ( 6s)

Last edited:
Couple caps from my videos that are uploading.

Screenshot_20211003-150407_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20211003-150551_Video Player.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back