Mojave The overrated RC. The arrma mojave EXB/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
i bought my first arrma mojave in december the day of my birthday. It was fun on snow and i didnt broke anything really even in the -20 degrees weather. But now we are spring/summer and its just causing me problems and more problems. First the body posts. A know issue im at almost my third pair now. The front bumper spring no matter what you do it breaks if it doesn't break on the plastic spring circles itself it will rip where the screw is mounted on the shock tower. And taking those #(#&@)$*#*@ without taking the whole front end is a complete pain. Body rear cracks i found a fix for it so thats not a problem to me. The rear diff housing now i broke one in a nose dive. Had to come back home limping. Bought the shock tower supporT from m2c first pack out. Bent the rear right arm pin bended the steel retainer and took the gearbox with it. And again front bumper gone. ARm too Gone.

my option are these get
-hot racing pin retainers reinforcement
-hot racing gearbox
-go with another stock gearbox

My initial thoughts after the first few sentences was, it was driven in snow, didn’t get it cleaned well enough, and now you have water problems.

As I read, everything that’s breaking sounds more user error. With the exception of the springs, which I would say check that your droop is set up properly. The bending of pins and breaking of bumpers is going to be all on you my friend.

My initial thoughts after the first few sentences was, it was driven in snow, didn’t get it cleaned well enough, and now you have water problems.

As I read, everything that’s breaking sounds more user error. With the exception of the springs, which I would say check that your droop is set up properly. The bending of pins and breaking of bumpers is going to be all on you my friend.
Im picky i took my whole truck Apart cleaned the bearings regreased bought ceramic hybrid bearings for my motor when my truck makes a funny noise i find the noise and i fix it
My trucks are always are their best in terms of health
I went out in snow like 3-5 times in 3 months because its a pain. And i don't shower my trucks like a lot of people do. And i don't go trougth mud Either

The issue if the car likes to nose dive with not warnings and once it does i can go full throttle and nothing happens i become a passenger at that point. The parachute effect also an issue but a bit less because i cuted some vents above the front tires
I had one tire almost strip on me but i fixed it. That also can become a potential issue but i use threadlock and check them periodically during my runs

I boiled the arms also. But i truly think wd40 does benificial stuff. I boiled my kraton exb arms then used wd40 a few times on them and now i can twist them pretty far like a noodle. I once landed on the right rear bended the shock shaft slighly. Still using it because doesn't bind the shock. The new arms are like a rock unbendable by hand. I didn't do that to my mojave unfortunately only boiled them

Last edited:
It's not a Kraton. Body is not made for jumps and yes it will nosedive if you do. Those tiny tires won't help you to get it straight.
Better get a street car to just stay in the ground
I nose dived so hard that the rear right arm pin decided to poop itself my truck was running in crab mode . Nose landed and the rear gearbox exploded. I need a wizard to explain me The physics. My jumps arent so high also. Im just jumping over a short hill

Some of the physics boggle my mind as well.
Get an Infraction, they don't like jumps either but never had a gear box explode and yes that thing went airborne for 30ft minimum but not on purpose.
There is no controlling that thing in the air either :eek:

The body posts... cut a pool noodle and stick the foam in between the body post loops.. as for the rest of it, you either got a lemon, or you beat the absolute poop out of that thing. Mojave is super popular in my group of friends. 4 of us own one now and one of us has an exb. They have all been the most durable rigs any of us have ever run. hands down. The only thing ive ever broke was a read hinge pin and that was 100% my fault. Got into a drift wide open and smacked the rear right wheel on a mailbox post. Didnt even break the arm, just bent the pin. I jump my truck 40+ feet and lawn dart it. it just takes the abuse.

I do feel for you, because there is nothing worse than being excited for a rig and having it fall apart, i just cant for the life of me see how all this stuff is breaking on you without some extreme talbot style abuse.

Just here to say it's underrated. My favorite Arrma. Owned an Outcast, 2 Infractions, Tallion, Notorious, Mojave and an EXB Mojave.

Skate park bashing, trail bashing and hill climbing. The Mojave is hands down my favorite.

Hope you find better luck!

Some of the physics boggle my mind as well.
Get an Infraction, they don't like jumps either but never had a gear box explode and yes that thing went airborne for 30ft minimum but not on purpose.
There is no controlling that thing in the air either :eek:
The roads here Are $)&(@*2*$*@
The body posts... cut a pool noodle and stick the foam in between the body post loops.. as for the rest of it, you either got a lemon, or you beat the absolute poop out of that thing. Mojave is super popular in my group of friends. 4 of us own one now and one of us has an exb. They have all been the most durable rigs any of us have ever run. hands down. The only thing ive ever broke was a read hinge pin and that was 100% my fault. Got into a drift wide open and smacked the rear right wheel on a mailbox post. Didnt even break the arm, just bent the pin. I jump my truck 40+ feet and lawn dart it. it just takes the abuse.

I do feel for you, because there is nothing worse than being excited for a rig and having it fall apart, i just cant for the life of me see how all this stuff is breaking on you without some extreme talbot style abuse.
I have foam blocks under i keep fixing them with fishing line.
6A4A648B-1CB4-4B3B-9089-EC10532C9663.jpeg
36B10739-32B7-4BBF-B6D2-802DBD8332A1.jpeg

Attachments

• 12873B7C-AF0E-4352-9891-9943E03A657F.jpeg
    12873B7C-AF0E-4352-9891-9943E03A657F.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 4BE795CA-ECA0-42E2-89AE-1E6B92D7047E.jpeg
    4BE795CA-ECA0-42E2-89AE-1E6B92D7047E.jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 89E4E746-A4DD-49BA-8C8C-B6A96DAF192D.jpeg
    89E4E746-A4DD-49BA-8C8C-B6A96DAF192D.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 8C12E3B5-5A2B-4170-81C9-95EEFD05A1AB.jpeg
    8C12E3B5-5A2B-4170-81C9-95EEFD05A1AB.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
It can be a frustrating and expensive hobby. I have replace about 95% of my kraton over 4yrs. I don’t upgrade till it breaks. I had to start paying attention to the limits of what these rigs can do. I hope you figure it all out. It took me a while to. Good luck.

I also have had good experiences with mine....
I’m loving my Mojave EXB.......no major damage yet, minor stuff. I haven’t nose dived it yet.....😆
I have....
i bought my first arrma mojave in december the day of my birthday. It was fun on snow and i didnt broke anything really even in the -20 degrees weather. But now we are spring/summer and its just causing me problems and more problems. First the body posts. A know issue im at almost my third pair now. The front bumper spring no matter what you do it breaks if it doesn't break on the plastic spring circles itself it will rip where the screw is mounted on the shock tower. And taking those #(#&@)$*#*@ without taking the whole front end is a complete pain. Body rear cracks i found a fix for it so thats not a problem to me. The rear diff housing now i broke one in a nose dive. Had to come back home limping. Bought the shock tower supporT from m2c first pack out. Bent the rear right arm pin bended the steel retainer and took the gearbox with it. And again front bumper gone. ARm too Gone.

my option are these get
-hot racing pin retainers reinforcement
-hot racing gearbox
-go with another stock gearbox
Sorry this is happening....more power to ya when it comes to running in the cold... things made of plastic don’t fare well when the temps go down....
I hope the future holds better experiences for you....for whatever reason my V2 has taken a lot of tumbles and some good old fashioned beatings with a few times when I cringEd because it slammed into trees and such.....with no real breakage yet.....
hope the same for you

Last edited:
Just here to say it's underrated. My favorite Arrma. Owned an Outcast, 2 Infractions, Tallion, Notorious, Mojave and an EXB Mojave.

Skate park bashing, trail bashing and hill climbing. The Mojave is hands down my favorite.

Hope you find better luck!
I am not able to compare with other rigs of the same brand due to the fact that I only own the Mojave and the Senton....

BUT

Considering the Mojave weighs 12 lb more or less with a battery and can go 50 maybe 60mph depending on how it's set up.....

KUDOS to Arrma to produce a rig that can take the abuse that it gets and holds together as well as it does

I am not able to compare with other rigs of the same brand due to the fact that I only own the Mojave and the Senton....

BUT

Considering the Mojave weighs 12 lb more or less with a battery and can go 50 maybe 60mph depending on how it's set up.....

KUDOS to Arrma to produce a rig that can take the abuse that it gets and holds together as well as it does
Yep , what he ☝️Said.
Car Crash GIF by memecandy

I’m not sure you are in a position to claim something as overrated. 🤔 you sir are a Minority. WHERE IS THE SNOW?

View attachment 150621
If you choose to bash in an inappropriate environment then the responsibility lies on you to make necessary modifications.😎
I bashed on snow even then it liked to nose dive. I lost almost the whole bumper sticker
I also have had good experiences with mine....

I have....

Sorry this is happening....more power to ya when it comes to running in the cold... things made of plastic don’t fare well when the temps go down....
I hope the future holds better experiences for you....for whatever reason my V2 has taken a lot of tumbles and some good old fashioned beatings with a few times when I cringEd because it slammed into trees and such.....with no real breakage yet.....
hope the same for you
Ironicly i didnt break anything in the cold. Only started falling apart in the heat
only a rear body mount gave out but fixed it and exploded when the heat was rising and snow was gone. Same for the front bumper
I want to run it but i cant get rear arms anywhere. I changed the shock oil and pistons yesterday. I made them correctly this time. I think i wasnt threading the bottom hard enough and cossing premature air bubbles over time
Exploding the rear gearbox in a nose landing
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Its all good and fun. But when i have wire and zipties holding my truck togueter. Im looking like stempede. Next time i will use chains🤣

Last edited:
I bashed on snow even then it liked to nose dive. I lost almost the whole bumper sticker

Ironicly i didnt break anything in the cold. Only started falling apart in the heat
only a rear body mount gave out but fixed it and exploded when the heat was rising and snow was gone. Same for the front bumper
I want to run it but i cant get rear arms anywhere. I changed the shock oil and pistons yesterday. I made them correctly this time. I think i wasnt threading the bottom hard enough and cossing premature air bubbles over time
Exploding the rear gearbox in a nose landing
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Its all good and fun. But when i have wire and zipties holding my truck togueter. Im looking like stempede. Next time i will use chains🤣
So..... in your case maybe the Mojave is your snowmobile RC...?????? That is truly strange...

It's all experience man. Im no mojave owner or user. But I run a big rock 3s blx. Love it and hate it. First had a granite with so many probs lhs guys said trade it in. I did got a big rock. Got a little questionable pieces of advice and 3 servos 2 savers 2 diff horns. Motor mount spur gear pivot balls in 1 bash alone. And im hooked for life. Just put back together and gonna run her tom.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back