Mojave The overrated RC. The arrma mojave EXB/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all experience man. Im no mojave owner or user. But I run a big rock 3s blx. Love it and hate it. First had a granite with so many probs lhs guys said trade it in. I did got a big rock. Got a little questionable pieces of advice and 3 servos 2 savers 2 diff horns. Motor mount spur gear pivot balls in 1 bash alone. And im hooked for life. Just put back together and gonna run her tom.
Yep, you learn as you go
Not sure how you bash it, but IMO the Mojave is made for offroading with only small jumps due to going fast over little bumps; not for trying to hit ramps etc.
Can't speak for others, but mine is also nose heavy.
I have not done anything like Kevin Talbot has done, but I have sent mine over some steep embankments at speed and then turned it around and went up the steepenbankments as a form of a long steep ramp. Yes mine is nose heavy but if you can get used to throttle control when it's in the air you do have some control over it. Like I said above, the 12 lb object going 50 miles an hour without breaking every thing that is constructed of shows at least decent engineering and quality of build

Last edited:
I've seen someone on here who put Backflip LPs on his Mohave EXB and it transformed it. Those bigger tires will get you the air control you are looking for and more ground clearance. It messes up the stock desert racer look, but I've seen videos of them with Backflip LPs and it runs really well.

Question for you - did you add the foam blocks to the body mounts right away, or run it first without them?

It is possible that the cold weather running created weakness or tiny cracks in the plastic but you didn't actually break the parts until it dried up and you could run it on solid ground with the much greater forces that come with more traction.

That said - I ran a Kraton EXB in -18 C and it didn't break anything. Still running well. Stock diffs (first batch) with the rear converted to LSD and no breakage yet. Well I did mash some body posts but that is why they ship it with spares. I also just screwed up a pinion and it ground into the motor mount a bit, but that MIGHT have something to do with the big 4092 motor and the 22 tooth pinion I tried it with. :LOL:

I've seen someone on here who put Backflip LPs on his Mohave EXB and it transformed it. Those bigger tires will get you the air control you are looking for and more ground clearance. It messes up the stock desert racer look, but I've seen videos of them with Backflip LPs and it runs really well.

Question for you - did you add the foam blocks to the body mounts right away, or run it first without them?

It is possible that the cold weather running created weakness or tiny cracks in the plastic but you didn't actually break the parts until it dried up and you could run it on solid ground with the much greater forces that come with more traction.

That said - I ran a Kraton EXB in -18 C and it didn't break anything. Still running well. Stock diffs (first batch) with the rear converted to LSD and no breakage yet. Well I did mash some body posts but that is why they ship it with spares. I also just screwed up a pinion and it ground into the motor mount a bit, but that MIGHT have something to do with the big 4092 motor and the 22 tooth pinion I tried it with. :LOL:
I didnt run the foam blocks on my first set during winter. Then i started using them in the second set. I want to keep it a desert truck i don't want a third kraton. If i put bigger wheels i will have to cut and ruin my body’s to get the ground clearances

Stay on the throttle when you go off jumps, should help with the nose dives, just let off before you hit the ground.
It becomes a parachute and brake does nothing and in the best case i land really badly but on all 4s. Its challanging. You let go of the throttle too early you nose dive to ur demise, if you keep the throttle too much after leaving the jump you lose complete control of the car in the air because of aerodynamics. Im not perfect but when it does one of the above Im powerless.

It becomes a parachute and brake does nothing and in the best case i land really badly but on all 4s. Its challanging. You let go of the throttle too early you nose dive to ur demise, if you keep the throttle too much after leaving the jump you lose complete control of the car in the air because of aerodynamics. Im not perfect but when it does one of the above Im powerless

It becomes a parachute and brake does nothing and in the best case i land really badly but on all 4s. Its challanging. You let go of the throttle too early you nose dive to ur demise, if you keep the throttle too much after leaving the jump you lose complete control of the car in the air because of aerodynamics. Im not perfect but when it does one of the above Im powerless.
Practice, practice, practice

I have not had any overwhelming parachute effect with my rig and it does not have vent holes in it. But then on the other hand I never have gotten my rig much more than 10ft in the air.

Practice...... practice...... The first eight packs I sent through mine was rarely going full blast. I was just trying to get used to it

Practice, practice, practice

I have not had any overwhelming parachute effect with my rig and it does not have vent holes in it. But then on the other hand I never have gotten my rig much more than 10ft in the air.

Practice...... practice...... The first eight packs I sent through mine was rarely going full blast. I was just trying to get used to it
Yes i understand

For everyone saying there mojo is nose heavy... the battery tray has 2 different locations it can be secured to the chassis. move it back closer to the rear. Its about 1" further back and makes a massive difference on the performance in air. Mine floats through the air like a damn glider after moving the tray back.

For everyone saying there mojo is nose heavy... the battery tray has 2 different locations it can be secured to the chassis. move it back closer to the rear. Its about 1" further back and makes a massive difference on the performance in air. Mine floats through the air like a damn glider after moving the tray back.
Its already in the back stock
Oh wtf ur right. This is amazing. I though i checked that but i didnt

Thank you sir!

image.jpg
Not so easy

i bought my first arrma mojave in december the day of my birthday. It was fun on snow and i didnt broke anything really even in the -20 degrees weather. But now we are spring/summer and its just causing me problems and more problems. First the body posts. A know issue im at almost my third pair now. The front bumper spring no matter what you do it breaks if it doesn't break on the plastic spring circles itself it will rip where the screw is mounted on the shock tower. And taking those #(#&@)$*#*@ without taking the whole front end is a complete pain. Body rear cracks i found a fix for it so thats not a problem to me. The rear diff housing now i broke one in a nose dive. Had to come back home limping. Bought the shock tower supporT from m2c first pack out. Bent the rear right arm pin bended the steel retainer and took the gearbox with it. And again front bumper gone. ARm too Gone.

my option are these get
-hot racing pin retainers reinforcement
-hot racing gearbox
-go with another stock gearbox
Once the bumper Springs arrive give me a few days and I will have a fix to that problem

Needs a bit of modification in my case. I added another piece of plastic with bolts and nuts to get move coverage with the velcro of my dust cover. Im forced to remove that because of the baterry wire. And i need to bend a bit the side guard so that the wire is crushed between
I guess fishing line to the rescue once again🤣

hmmm.. I run HRB 6500 mah 6s batts and they fit fine. I ran into an issue when i upgraded to a max 6 where the esc wires were not long enough to reach that position so i took the top off my battery tray, trimmed a bit of the corner out so the wires would poke through and now run my battery with the connector facing the front of the vehicle instead. I am at work until thursday but when i get home i will get some pics of the way mine is setup now. It works so much better in the air that i would never consider the stock position again. That pic is making me scratch my head though for sure, because with the 6s batt, there was no cutting or trimming necessary at all with the stock esc wires being long enough. I literally just moved the tray back and through a battery in. maybe those 5000mah 3s batts are a little longer than what im using i dunno.

PS... pardon my horrible grammer.... Im a welder hahaha. spelling is not one of my strong points.
Needs a bit of modification in my case. I added another piece of plastic with bolts and nuts to get move coverage with the velcro of my dust cover. Im forced to remove that because of the baterry wire. And i need to bend a bit the side guard so that the wire is crushed between
I guess fishing line to the rescue once again🤣
If you flip that battery so the balance plugs are on the outside does it fit fine? I never put my balance plugs into that little holder anymore. I had a battery eject from the truck once and the balance lead stayed in that holder and tore all my balance wires off.... so I quit using it. try flipping the battery.

Last edited:
hmmm.. I run HRB 6500 mah 6s batts and they fit fine. I ran into an issue when i upgraded to a max 6 where the esc wires were not long enough to reach that position so i took the top off my battery tray, trimmed a bit of the corner out so the wires would poke through and now run my battery with the connector facing the front of the vehicle instead. I am at work until thursday but when i get home i will get some pics of the way mine is setup now. It works so much better in the air that i would never consider the stock position again. That pic is making me scratch my head though for sure, because with the 6s batt, there was no cutting or trimming necessary at all with the stock esc wires being long enough. I literally just moved the tray back and through a battery in. maybe those 5000mah 3s batts are a little longer than what im using i dunno.

PS... pardon my horrible grammer.... Im a welder hahaha. spelling is not one of my strong points.

If you flip that battery so the balance plugs are on the outside does it fit fine? I never put my balance plugs into that little holder anymore. I had a battery eject from the truck once and the balance lead stayed in that holder and tore all my balance wires off.... so I quit using it. try flipping the battery.
Not i doesn't it pushes the wire against the balance board retainer.

Moving the battery tray from front to back position is a shift of 60mm towards the rear. Quite substantial. Apart from the esc/ battery lead being too short for me then, I have only 42mm between battery and side skirt now (tray in front position). That’s why I filled those rear battery chassis holes with expoxy 😂

So i think i found the perfect name for my mojave. CrashBag. After going in an 1 hour trip to get the rear A arms yesterday. My mojave was finally back and running. After going to 40wt in the rear my problems seems to have going worse. 75% of my jumps ended up in crashes. Keep in mind i only jump at 1/3 throttle never full speed or near half speed. Corrections are impossible stiff in a nose diving situation. I went trougt one pack and a half and i decided to retire the car. It was not fun at all.

Nothing broke but everythinG i falling apart visually. When it tumbles it feels like glass or chap body from china(if you get what i mean). I will take a few pictures of the state of that poor rc. I don't do this on purpose. Retired the car went back home took my kraton exb for the last pack it went okay because i was still upset/unfocused did stupid mistakes. Nothing broke because that rhink never breaks. I think the center diff is on its last leg tho cant really wheelie anymore so thats what im going to work on next.
Moving the battery tray from front to back position is a shift of 60mm towards the rear. Quite substantial. Apart from the esc/ battery lead being too short for me then, I have only 42mm between battery and side skirt now (tray in front position). That’s why I filled those rear battery chassis holes with expoxy 😂
I don't understand about the epoxy
Ngl im getting rustler 4x4 vxl feelings. Like i almosts smashed the mojave exb remote. But im not a guy who likes to put my frustration into innicent objects

1FDB2706-8490-49ED-8A1C-CB1D5C67B879.jpeg
D3DD9225-129F-4BCD-BE99-5867B9F876D7.jpeg
9CA15E26-C3A3-4827-97D0-46E6D4791C03.jpeg

it ripped 4 layers of e6000 and drywall tape. The pain to rip all out and redo oof. Rip
03FC7E22-2F5B-471A-9D43-B5E59FA8C73D.jpeg
F70C2310-246D-48DA-8178-FA21FDD7A08E.jpeg

And i have a massive roof crack now. Im thinking putting 80wt Shock oil in the rear and if that does help well idk what to tell ya. Im scared to lose control even on flat ground i don't have any confidence when i drive. I have none

I remplaced every bumper and body post this weekend. I did a little bad landing on the roof like 5feets high and it destroyed the rear body mount. The new velcro pullet of. Didnt finish the pack and went back home. I have seen enough i think. Its not made for me. To avoid the nose dives i have to keep in the throttle longer but it parachutes and lands almost on its sides.

I was having the joy of driving on gross was rolling over a bit less was able to push the truck to go more than 1/2 throttle but when it came to the jumps everything went downhill again. I cant afford to keep fixing my truck In every pack It does. Thats why i bought arrma to begin with. My kraton 4s is fantastic my kraton exb is fantastic too broke little to nothing on the exb kraton. Still running the same arms after a year the chassi is still streight bumper is still the original one. Just the rear wing mount that was breaking after a few months but i think that is now permenantly fixed thx to @Lovestricken.

Im thinking of selling it and get a notorious used or roller if possible. Rc is supposed to be fun the last time i walked away from the field with a working and packs remaining was with my first RC that most of u already know the name of. Its a sad end unless something magical happens this will remain the plant
The body posts are a total joke. They are deisgn to absorb impacts but they fail the first little mistake you make. If you keep running it your body will fall apart. The cage pulled trought in the rear of the body. Its just a matter of time now before its a goner. I have but large shim and a rubber boot to absorb the impacts. Still pullet out in the little 4-5 feet little crash. The bumepr springs have been holding up surprisingly recently tho. I will give credit when credit is due. Maybe i was just having terrible luck. Im a send it kind of guy and having little to no control or limiting myself isnt fun.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back