The PERFECT way to clean your RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
This is an absolute game changer, it's blows warm air extremely powerfully so shifting any debris and crap instantly and if its wet, it's dry immediately 👍👍

Seriously guys and girls, invest, its brilliant.

Metrovac Blaster Sidekick

If I could work out how to post a video I'd show you how effective it is

20210516_092835.jpg

20210516_092846.jpg

Last edited:
Cheaper alternative. Micro vacuum attachment kit, $15. Attaches to the vacuum cleaner you already have.
It's not a vacuum cleaner. It's a motorcycle heated air dryer. Your idea is still good (finer and stronger air blast) as long as you don't choke it too much and overload the motor.

I rinse all 6 of my 3S and 4S vehicles with the hose and then coat them with simple green, wait five minutes and rinse them off with the hose. Dry them upside down in the sun for about three hours. I’ve never had any issues. No fuss, no mess.

I rinse all 6 of my 3S and 4S vehicles with the hose and then coat them with simple green, wait five minutes and rinse them off with the hose. Dry them upside down in the sun for about three hours. I’ve never had any issues. No fuss, no mess.
I wouldn't trust that but that's just me lol I do the same thing as you but I blow dry them immediately after with my air compressor or my leaf blower.

After that I take a nice bristled paintbrush and some wd40 and shine em up!! Looks basically brand new after :cool:

0513211735_Burst01.jpg

0513211712b.jpg

0513211717a.jpg

If you're not blowing them out and using wd-40 after things are definitely rusting, even if you are they are probably rusting anyway.

Had a good session on grass and dusty paths yesterday, just had the blower out and 90% of the crap was cleaned away instantly, then a soft bristle detailing brush into the tight spots and she's good to go 😎

Metrovac blowers are awesome. I have the full size one for my 1:1 cars. The heated, filtered air does a great job drying.

Had a good session on grass and dusty paths yesterday, just had the blower out and 90% of the crap was cleaned away instantly, then a soft bristle detailing brush into the tight spots and she's good to go 😎
How I fly.
It's ok for RC's to be a little dirty and dusty. My compressor or leaf blower and a paint brush is All I use after I run them.
And not being perfectly clean when used regularly is just fine..
>>>With a complete tear down/ rebuild is when it gets a good cleaning with some water and Simple Green and an Air compressor. Not a fan of WD40 at all. And its bad for all the BB's. WD40 is a Solvent not a lubricant. So it washes away the BB's lube and forces dirt into them, if anything.(n)
I always keep my electrics as dry as possible. They are not truly WP IMHO, despite what they say. And water just rusts out Chromium BB's and all the hardware faster.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back