The pinion kracken got me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Whatever company arrma gets it's pinion gears from sucks at life.

This is the 5th one that had broken a tooth.

Yes I set my lash mathmatically correct, with a dial indicator and not notebook paper. (For stock spur and 11 tooth 1mod, .008"

Wear pattern looks great nice and even

This afternoon was the 4th 6s run on that particular 11 tooth pinion

And then that familiar clicking sound propagated....pulled body to verify then said "#@%& this piece of Chinese pot metal donkey &*!%"

and ran it WOT until there were no remaining teeth and the spur and pinion locked up hard. (Looking back on that I could have bent a motor shaft, don't do that.)

I want a tried and true solution, like money is no object pinion set up....im sick of this crap.

My local store can't keep 5mm Robinson on the shelf so I tend to just buy the available arrma gears, and hate myself for it later.

I will break my no internet rule and order them from Robinson I guess....

Input? Criticism?
Please?

#@%& this piece of Chinese pot metal donkey &*!%

Lol! Internet or not sometmes you just have to do whats best for your situation.

#@%& this piece of Chinese pot metal donkey &*!%

Lol! Internet or not sometmes you just have to do whats best for your situation.

I was upset lol....just got out of a 10 min show and tell with park children.....finally got to run fast then 2 minutes and 1 jump later this happens......again lol

Get a Robinson Racing pinion and never stop for a broken pinion again.

RRP1211 would be a 11 tooth Robinson Racing pinion. Their part numbers are RRP12xx for their mod 1 5mm shaft pinions replace the xx with the size pinion you want.

100% this! Robinson Racing pinion gears for all the RC's!

Woodie are they really that good? I can tell the crappy arrma ones are made of forged steel due to uniform grain structure in the break...what type of steel I'm not sure

Just for fun I may take it by one of my customers shop'....he has a handheld XRF (xray resonant frequency) metallurgy analyser....i would love to know what recycled crap steel they are using lol

That little device is neat, we've used it in the past to identify nickel alloys like inconel 625, hastalloy C and monel etc.

Pictures of the crappy pinion
1514405595111125893713.jpg

I've had one Robinson Racing get messed up, but that was because the pinion came loose and got stuck in the motor mount.

Thanks everyone for directing us to robinson racing pinions as they really wear well and last a long time
this website is full of great people sharing great info , arrma forum collective
YOU ROCK

Woodie are they really that good? I can tell the crappy arrma ones are made of forged steel due to uniform grain structure in the break...what type of steel I'm not sure

Just for fun I may take it by one of my customers shop'....he has a handheld XRF (xray resonant frequency) metallurgy analyser....i would love to know what recycled crap steel they are using lol

That little device is neat, we've used it in the past to identify nickel alloys like inconel 625, hastalloy C and monel etc.

Pictures of the crappy pinion View attachment 14384
I use Robinson Racing extra hard pinions 100% of the time. So far I have not had one of them break or wear down and I have about 10 different Robinson Racing pinions. I use them for my arrma kraton I had certain ones for my BLX motor and I have certain ones for my hobbystar motor since it's more powerful I had to have more teeth. my favorite Robinson Racing pinion is the 19 tooth extra hard for my 1730kv hobby star. I would definitely go for the Robinson Racing and the price is not too bad at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back