The Power of a Full Charged 6s brick... Never let your guard down!!!! Or else.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posts and pics like these need to go viral. The crawler guys I hang with are mostly long time hobby guys who tell me I over-do it with lipo safety. They tell stories of how they charge and forget. Store on benches. Never bother with storage charge.
But it only takes that ONE time. And not all times are the same. My own experience with a burst lipo didn't flame. But sent enough smoke to warrant police and fire response. And left my 1:1 truck reeking for MONTHS. For me, that alone is worth being cautious. That's a best case scenario. Others have lost homes etc. That's the worst case scenario.
Don't be those guys who say others over react. It only takes once for a worst case scenario!

Glad your ok!! You just scared me into ordering a bat safe! Thank you!! And I can't believe you hit those with a hammer!!!:oops:

Last edited:
I use lots of Zeee 2s and 3s batteries, but I don’t use them for 4s or 6s. I use Hoovo 4s for my Maxx, HRB 6s for my two Corally vehicles (due to size constraints), and CNHL 6s in my Arrma Kraton.

If you have a lot of Lipos..
It's best to get a big boy and section it off by repurposing old floor or bathroom tiles ,those can handle up to 1600° ,so it's perfect for lining the can with.

1670536942985.png

1670537074867.png

1670537064807.png

Funny story: a couple years ago I had my first encounter with a 6s Kraton. Head on at 63mph on my very first speed run. The Kratons owner became a good friend of mine. Earlier, when I told him I was going to buy a Kraton, he said I needed to upgrade from the "Spekrap". He knows I have 6&8s capable motors, but no esc since I fried my BLX185, other than the Max6 in my Senton. So he gave me this, never used, straight off his Xmaxx that he just put a Castle system in.
20221208_175633.jpg
He even had IC5s put on it for me! Gotta be worth over 200 if never used. Came into this hobby looking for something to do with my son during Covid. Ended up staying just for the friends I've made here, on FB, and in person.
Ok, the last parts a lie. I'm staying because it hasn't gotten boring yet lol.
Dammit. Wrong thread.
How do we delete posts?

^^^ I keep trying to locate very large Ammo cans. ( like 50 cal. ones?). I have like 18 lipos here at any given time.:rolleyes:
Do you also remove the seal on the cover??? I do have a Bat-Safe. Not large enough though. And I doubt it will contain a fire from just 4 6s bricks inside.
:cool:
I picked mine up at harbor freight https://www.harborfreight.com/metal-050-caliber-ammo-can-63750.html

I have them and 1 bat safe for charging. My 6s packs I store one per can.

Sportsmansguide.com just had some great deals on ammo cans. I'm close enough to drive there.

Call me paranoid. I charge mine outside on ceramic tiles in an old grill. Can be doing other things. If they go up, it hurts nothing but maybe the charger. Stored in vented ammo cans. In an old tool cabinet on wheels. Away from anything else flammable. Might be overkill but, I live in a mobile home. How much time you think I got?

Glad it didn't turn deadly. It pays to be vigilant.

For storing lots of lipos a metal file cabinet is good. Couple in each drawer. Thrift stores can’t give them away...I have an old metal machine shop storage cabinet for mine. At public auctions I would see flammable storage lockers all the time except now when I have a use for them. They come in small benchtop ones to great big storage locker ones. Any fire safe is good storage as well. I made a charging station out of one for 30$. Made a video about it and I think it has like 2 views...

I never really put much thought to this concern.now after reading I'm wondering if any lipo battery at home is just a ticking time bomb .at any given time it might catch on fire? I only have 4 lipos .2 that are 3s and 2 that are 2s.i have them the 3s batts in one lipo bag and the other 2s in a different one.i keep them in my basement on the concrete floor but the temperature in the basement is around 60 .should the ambient temp be higher or lower? I don't have any heating in the basement.just whatever heat comes from the furnace. And I don't keep the lipos anywhere that furnace so am I ok with where they are? I have kids and now I'm worried.

They're by far most likely to go up while charging or fully charged. Sitting around at storage charge there's little risk, and any reaction that does happen will be much less energetic because there's less energy in the battery.

Storing them in LiPo bags is probably fine, but I would use something more robust for charging.

Every now and then Tractor Supply has reconditioned .30 cal ammo boxes for sale at a decent price. They look like new: they are painted tan with a black American Flag (like you would see on a military uniform patch) stenciled on the side. IIRC, they sold for less than $15. I have one, plus an older military surplus can that has the yellow lettering removed.

Edit: I just checked, and they have them in green now - $14.99.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...lag-design-army-green-2811s743ag?cm_vc=-10005

Seems a bit overkill and not well suited, imho.

Simple metal box will serve a better purpose, make it metal toolbox and put some tiles or cement board in it. That way it will stay portable and serve a much better purpose. Keep in mind that smoke will linger if bad stuff happens and a safe doesn't filter the air.
I have an ammo box for portability. Just thinking this would be good for home storage and will still have enough room as my collection grows.

This is how I solve the issue. Plus I still put a Lipo charging bag in there as well.

FE9D99F9-E1DF-4D61-A635-642C5CF5D628.jpeg

94F0CFA1-D983-454E-8F07-17A388FDFCC3.jpeg

B8D0F9AC-88A4-4CC2-AC15-07BF2F1BACD8.jpeg

In my experience all of the battery’s that’s have gone up in a fire or smoke on me happen while driving the rig. Not wrecking just driving super hard. Got this one out of the rig just in time.

Attachments

• 9E967BF8-E68B-40B9-8463-00EEF8403085.jpeg
    9E967BF8-E68B-40B9-8463-00EEF8403085.jpeg
    549.7 KB · Views: 28
Some people acutally have lots of lipos in their full size car. Hundreds of kilos.
Outside in winter. Months on end in the cold. Range going down drastically. Not knowing if all is right with connections and lipos if bumping a little during parking. No metal container to contain fire. And when the lipos are done you kind of have to toss your car away too. :oops: For real! And you need an extra speakers to make the car sound for you so people hear you coming. :unsure:
Sounds surreal, but it's not. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back