The Power of a Full Charged 6s brick... Never let your guard down!!!! Or else.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know why your lipo caught on fire? Looks like you were using GRP wheels .were you speed running?

Just trying to peice it out.your photos shows your rig on grass but your wheels don't match the terrain for them .if you tryed to use them wheels for off road then wouldn't that cause stress on the whole system which would over load the batt? Just a thought.id like to know.i do moderate speed runs and so far my lipos are ok .never even warm after 20 minutes of use and .I do a little street bashing and maybey 6 speed passes at 58 mph .I guess I'm lucky so far.but i do let it cool down before each pass
You also mentioned that having more than one lipo in a amo box doesn't mean they all will catch on fire if one starts to.yeah your right but at the same time common sense tells me the chances are a hell of a lot higher if you have more than one in there..makes sense to have one amo box per lipo.when I see a amo box full of lipos all's I see is a box full of dynamite.

Never mind the question on to how your lipo caught on fire..you mentioned it punctured a hole in it..maybey designing a aluminum battery box for them would protect them from that happening again
I was setting up and fine tuning my Speed runner. What happened was a "brownout" caused it to take off across a parking lot, it hit a curb and then flipped into that tree. Actual cause of the fire was top brick shifting forward and puncturing on the top edge of the HR battery mount aluminum front stop guard. I've since modified the mount to handle side by side and beefed up the front and side guards with CF plating.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/

This is why I'm glad I listened to the responding officer. Initially I just wanted them out of the car to prevent further damage. Which funny enough, set me back less than $50.
When I see speed run videos from raz I get all excited and gives me motivation to stay in the hobby but then you hear about the lipos exploding or catching on fire and makes me think twice .all that time and money into a rig that could go poof all gone isn't what I want to happen.i don't ever plan on hitting the speeds he does but still worries me that one of my rigs could go up in flames .😭

If one catches fire or starts burning, it doesn't necessarily mean the others will. I had stacked 4s Lipos in my Senton when the top one punctured and burned at least 45 minutes. Soft packs too. The bottom one was scorched but was still usable, registering normal readings. Note that I disposed of it anyways. Better safe than sorry.View attachment 262593View attachment 262594View attachment 262595View attachment 262596View attachment 262597
Wow.
The luck of the draw, that the second pack didn't go off. It was ready to blow for sure. And the second was surely junk. And Dangerous.

Figured I share this vid .most of us do use safe bags for storage and charging and in the vid they show which ones fail and which ones hold up.after watching this vid I had 2 lipo bags that were in the vid that didn't do well so I gave them to my son and said hey take these and put your colored pencils and markers in them 🤣🤟

Wow.
The luck of the draw, that the second pack didn't go off. It was ready to blow for sure. And the second was surely junk. And Dangerous.
Oh I know. Didn't mean for my comment to mean lipos are safe next to each other. The bottom lipo likely would have burned/exploded in 99 of 100 instances with my experience that night being the 1 chance it doesn't. Our RCs are too expensive and our homes/family are too priceless to leave lipo safety to chance.

Figured I share this vid .most of us do use safe bags for storage and charging and in the vid they show which ones fail and which ones hold up.after watching this vid I had 2 lipo bags that were in the vid that didn't do well so I gave them to my son and said hey take these and put your colored pencils and markers in them 🤣🤟
I call BS on this video.
He was too cheap to use a 6s 6Kmah brick lipo at a minimum, that is FULLY charged for each test. There are other videos out there more representative. For him to say a cannon fuse bundled to some specific way even remotely equates to a small 2s 1300mak lipo is insulting at best. (n)Not fooling me. And these lipo bags are for tiny capacity lipos. I got the same HobbyMate bag as a bundled gift free with a HobbyMate D6 Duo Pro charger. I would never trust it with even One 3s 5k MAh lipo personally. The smallest Lipos I use for speed running.
I understand he is an Air RC 'er.
Their lipos don't even come close in voltage and capacity to what we use in our 6s Basher rigs.
Just me. :cool:

I call BS on this video.
He was too cheap to use a 6s 6Kmah brick lipo at a minimum, that is FULLY charged for each test. There are other videos out there more representative. For him to say a cannon fuse bundled to some specific way even remotely equates to a small 2s 1300mak lipo is insulting at best. (n)Not fooling me. And these lipo bags are for tiny capacity lipos. I got the same HobbyMate bag as a bundled gift free with a HobbyMate D6 Duo Pro charger. I would never trust it with even One 3s 5k MAh lipo personally. The smallest Lipos I use for speed running.
I understand he is an Air RC 'er.
Their lipos don't even come close in voltage and capacity to what we use in our 6s Basher rigs.
Just me. :cool:
I see your point..I was just surprised that some bags actually melted or failed to contain a fire.i mean aren't these bags supposed to be fire proof or even melt proof ?? With the technology and materials we have I would think they should contain any kind of melt down or fire out side the bags..at my work place we have many welders and we use a material called Refresill. We use it to make welding curtains to protect material around the welders area and people walking by.we tested that material by lightning it and it wouldn't even make a mark on it.we put oil and other flammable liquids on it and lit them up and the flame died out in seconds.no melting at all .I wish I could make a bag out of that stuff .but I have no access to it because it belongs to the Navy.the feel of it is like a grayish rubberized material some good ass poop.i must say.anyways I see what u mean they didn't use a lipo in the representation.so still leaves us really not knowing to trust them or not..now I'm finding my self looking for the best lipo safe bag out there..what brand do you use ??I'd like to know please.thanks

Watched another vid where he they used same lipo safe bags with lipos in it and they did there job .contained the flames .most lipos they used never exploded.just smoked .so they say lipos are relatively safe.its not like they just blow up for no reason.treat them with the respect they need and you should all be fine.

I probably go overkill a little because I live in an apartment and don't have very many good places away from combustibles. I bought a Bat-Safe box before I progressed beyond the 2s battery I got with my first rc. The Bat-Safe is great for charging, but need storage. I got ammo cans, but even with those I saw a video on YT where the flames actually shot out around the edges where the seal had been removed. Not real far but I was surprised the flames shot out at all.
Now I wrap my batteries in a single size lipo bag, then put those in a larger lipo bag and put that in the ammo can.

Its kinda weird because lipos are everywhere yet we don't hear about fires very often so there is a tendency to think its not something to spend too much time worrying about. But then when you see where someone's house/office/etc burned because of a lipo and how fast it happened, makes you realize doesn't matter if the odds are low, if your batteries get too spicy indoors, your house could be a fireball in minutes if you are careless.
+1
Can never go overboard with protection when it comes to lipos. I feel surface RC Hobby Lipos are more dangerous because they are larger ( more watt hours and volts ) and these hobby hobby grade lipos are far from regulated. They have no internal failsafe circuitry like cell phone batteries for instance. Most household lipos/ lions are small and industry regulated..
Watched another vid where he they used same lipo safe bags with lipos in it and they did there job .contained the flames .most lipos they used never exploded.just smoked .so they say lipos are relatively safe.its not like they just blow up for no reason.treat them with the respect they need and you should all be fine.
Yeah its user error most of the time. Or failing to recognize a lipo that is damaged or questionable that should not be used anymore and be removed from your home.
A storage charged lipo sitting stored, should not pose a great risk by itself stored properly and untouched. And away from curious children.
During charging, when fully charged ( most volitile, ) and while running them is when the liability increases exponentially. This is when they should be supervised. Even when young children are bashing, you should be there.
I can see why young children are best suited with RC's that run Nimpacks i.e., the Mega line models.

Last edited:
Update.
Hemistorm admitted he Unboxed an Non existent Polarey
They were his graphics. Like I thought. I told you has a sense of humor. A real poker face. He was getting backlash I imagine.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love:

Wrong thread , but here anyway.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back