The REAL reason arrma has so much loctite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
The reason why Arrma puts so much loctite on their screws is because a traxxas worker infiltrated the arrma assembly line and put so much loctite on screws that the screws would never come loose. This would make many parts un-fixable and force people to buy traxxas cars. :ROFLMAO:

Anybody else have any idea why there is so much loctite on the arrma screws?

Well with checking up my new Fireteam, that had a QC sticker on it I don’t think it means “Quality Control”. Maybe “Qualification Clueless“ or something.
- Center diff was leaking showing a pond of oils under the center diff, servo mount en motor.
- Front and Rear diffs were binding when turning the output drives by hand
- a lot of play in the diff outdrives (needed to add shims in all of them)
- Both rear wheel axles had so much red/brown locktite/glue in it that even with my jet flame lighter I could not get them out. Luckily I like crème brûlée a lot, for which a bought a chef’s handtorch. Eventually I manged to get the grub screws out with a LOT of red brown sh!t!
- all metal parts had been oiled and I mean all steering links, drivershafts, axles, outdrives, even bearings.
- hardly any grease in the diff housings

On a positive, the shockes were perfectly filled👍.
Still think this could be my new favorite car and can’t wait to give it a go😎.

Yeah threadlocker in general is always expensive.
It's the unskilled slave labor that is responsible for poor QC. The QC sticker is just for Marketting purposes! Chinese Labor driven hard to produce these rigs in nano seconds. A whole assy line of unskilled labor probably working 12 hour days 6+ days a week. I would not be surprised if many are children, by the way some of these rigs come out of the box. I'm sure there are several factory facilities for these Arrma rigs. For parts production to final assembly and packaging. Clearly these rigs are never tested before being boxed. QC is non existent. The volume that is produced so quickly doesn't allow for this.
This keeps the pricepoint low. Profit margins higher. HH doesn't care. They have the 2 year warranty to offer while still making a tidy profit.
I believe HH owned Arrma and Axial are the only RC brands that offer 2 years.
I feel much if any defects are due to assy issues at the factory.
Always need to rebuild your Arrma rig out the box to get the best initial experience. This is why many newbs to Arrma and RC in general get frustrated with RTR's in this hobby. If you bless the rig yourself before ever running it, attention to detail etc, Arrmas are great RC bashers.
Just that immediate satisfaction is what most newbs want. To drive it right out the box. We all been through this.
Been there myself with my very first Arrma 6s OC many years ago.
I rather build a kit from scratch any day. How I started in this hobby years back, when hobby grade RTR's didn't exist.
But RTR's have become the norm these days.

Last edited:
China is all messed up. We keep buying their goods. And we have no choice. Any more to say becomes political. :censored:
But this affects our little RC Hobby as well.
And it is Not the Chinese Peoples fault at all.:censored:

And we have no choice
Well, we do have a choice. And consumers have proven time and time again that they will buy a cheaper Chinese product over a more expensive product made in the USA. I’m talking more than just RC here.

People talk a big game about domestic manufacturing but they don’t back it up with their wallets. (I’m one of those people by the way).

Well with checking up my new Fireteam, that had a QC sticker on it I don’t think it means “Quality Control”. Maybe “Qualification Clueless“ or something.
- Center diff was leaking showing a pond of oils under the center diff, servo mount en motor.
- Front and Rear diffs were binding when turning the output drives by hand
- a lot of play in the diff outdrives (needed to add shims in all of them)
- Both rear wheel axles had so much red/brown locktite/glue in it that even with my jet flame lighter I could not get them out. Luckily I like crème brûlée a lot, for which a bought a chef’s handtorch. Eventually I manged to get the grub screws out with a LOT of red brown sh!t!
- all metal parts had been oiled and I mean all steering links, drivershafts, axles, outdrives, even bearings.
- hardly any grease in the diff housings

On a positive, the shockes were perfectly filled👍.
Still think this could be my new favorite car and can’t wait to give it a go😎.
Got any pics of that crème brûlée?

There are videos floating around on Youtube from inside some of these factories, they literally have a cup full of thread locker and dunk almost the entire screw in it. And it isn't blue, it's like an amber color.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back