The SERPENT 10th Pan Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be doing this one a bit differently. Next up from me will be a bunch of pics in build order. I'll most likely be done with this in about a week as parts roll in. 🤙

IMG_2615 (1).jpg

I'll be doing this one a bit differently. Next up from me will be a bunch of pics in build order. I'll most likely be done with this in about a week as parts roll in. 🤙

View attachment 264286
Neat. I’ve been thinking about doing a pan car so I’ll follow along.

Pardon the silly question, but what exactly is a pan car?
Flat chassis on-road track cars. Supposedly the best thing ever for the road race courses, super tunable with tons of tire.

Wait till you build a skillet car!!
🤔 yes, and name it Bacon, just because.
Flat chassis on-road track cars. Supposedly the best thing ever for the road race courses, super tunable with tons of tire.
Thanks Dan! That makes good sense. I’ve heard the reference for 1:1 track cars as well.

You see, it's like a pan, but it's a car.

View attachment 264297
Dude, is that yours? Looks fantastic! I may be doing a Martini liveried Porsche body soon for an on road Typhon. Very cool car, man!
Those 1/10 GT bodies are so scale looking and awesome. I’m envious!

Dude, is that yours? Looks fantastic! I may be doing a Martini liveried Porsche body soon for an on road Typhon. Very cool car, man!
Those 1/10 GT bodies are so scale looking and awesome. I’m envious!
Just one I found online but I wish it was mine. Gorgeous body work. Chassis is 3D printed.

Come to think of it, I don't own a pan car, but I do own a 3D printer and enough spare electronics to power a Tesla. Hmm.

Look up pan car racing on YouTube - some crazy good drivers.

Always wanted one but no track around here to run on and it would be used less than my drag car.
Will do! Thanks man!

Pardon the silly question, but what exactly is a pan car?
Chassis is basically a flat pan.
"Pan Car" is a very old term in Surface RC.
An old RC design that is still very popular today. Easy to build, but Very challenging to setup!
It can be deceiving at first glance. Lots to learn with a Pan Car, more than first meets the eye. Or it just won't hook up. Are very hard to drive in general. Being a RWD. Hard to get bored with a Pan Car IMHO. I still have my Very first Pan car RC, an RC10L. (late '80s) Parts are still around. Being that popular. Will never part with it. Too much memories and "fails", while starting out in this hobby.:giggle:

Wow the spur is at the wheel! That looks like madness to someone who only really has experience with arrma 🤣
Right? I think the Serpents are belt drive. Smooooooth. A very different animal.

Wow the spur is at the wheel! That looks like madness to someone who only really has experience with arrma 🤣

Talk about near DIRECT Drive... You can't get your motor to the wheels any closer..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back