The SERPENT 10th Pan Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about building this motha sucker next. Might do a nitro Mugen.

https://world.corally.com/ssx8x/#section1
@gotnitro I'm curious how you plan to use your s100. Track? parking lot? built it just because?

One thing that I noticed about the Corally SSX is that ride height isn't adjustable which is probably fine if you plan on running it on a track. However, it might be an issue if you plan on running it on streets for speed runs or in the parking lot.

@gotnitro I'm curious how you plan to use your s100. Track? parking lot? built it just because?

One thing that I noticed about the Corally SSX is that ride height isn't adjustable which is probably fine if you plan on running it on a track. However, it might be an issue if you plan on running it on streets for speed runs or in the parking lot.
I’m just going to rip the thing up and down some pavement. I wish there was a place close to me that raced. I’ve seen that taipan online but had no idea of all the configurations you can do with it. It’s in my top 3 now! OOS at Amain.

I’m just going to rip the thing up and down some pavement. I wish there was a place close to me that raced. I’ve seen that taipan online but had no idea of all the configurations you can do with it. It’s in my top 3 now! OOS at Amain.
For my next car I'm going to build something with belts to mix it up a bit and the my top 3 are
1. Serpent 750 Natrix
2. Serpent 988 Taipan
3. Corally SSX
Unsurprisingly, the cost is in that order too....
I think its newer and they haven't launched it yet? 🤷‍♂️ I was looking at the X20 too. You're all over huh? 10th pan to a 10th touring to a 1/8th pan lol. It's winter, buy em all!

I have a MTC2 Carbon in my cart :LOL: Might be able to get away on the less expensive side with a Castle Micro system in it. I have 2 and they make massive power for what they are. Just HATE having to hide the enormous external BEC with an extra cluster fuk of wires. However, running it on 2s and letting all the power flow to a 8.4 servo is a BEC delete option. (y)
just watched some videos on the MTC2 and it's a pretty awesome car. Very adjustable with the ability to place weights in different parts of the car to have it perfectly balanced. Looks like a pretty complicated build though.... Definitely a pure racer which would probably be wasted in a parking lot...

Last edited:
haven't decided on the build yet but natrix certainly in the top 3. Now I'm considering a Buri Racer as well which is very similar to the 988e Taipan. But to answer your question, serpent.com has them in stock but it's kind of hard to navigate their website.
RCmart had a couple as well but not sure how reputable they are....

https://www.serpent.com/xcart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=11442
I just ordered 2 more kits. I'll call my next build "The Mystery Build" and only post close up pics lol.

haven't decided on the build yet but natrix certainly in the top 3. Now I'm considering a Buri Racer as well which is very similar to the 988e Taipan. But to answer your question, serpent.com has them in stock but it's kind of hard to navigate their website.
RCmart had a couple as well but not sure how reputable they are....

https://www.serpent.com/xcart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=11442
Should have @Diem Turner take a ride over to Austria with a ball bat and have them ship us a couple Buri's FREE :ROFLMAO:

Should have @Diem Turner take a ride over to Austria with a ball bat and have them ship us a couple Buri's FREE :ROFLMAO:
I may be wrong, but I think he might be able to trade the baseball bat for a few keystrokes. Just saying… 😂

As a Don, you never show up with a baseball bat. You have people show up with a baseball bat. :LOL:

Took this little thing out for a blast today and WOW!

This thing takes off like a bat outa hell! I don't think I've ever played with a car this fast that is 2wd outa the hole and top end. The ESC got to a whopping 98 degrees and the motor was 105 after 2 packs of back-and-forth hits. 3000 total MAH.

The gyro works well, even with braking but at speed it's still compensating, and it looks like a snake slithering down the street but still going straight. I'll probably have to dial the sensitivity back a little bit. Other than that, I highly recommend a pan car for street bashing. (y):cool:

Awesome! They really are fun to bash and powerslide with.
I might get out there today with mine.

Awesome! They really are fun to bash and powerslide with.
I might get out there today with mine.

I've emailed MUGEN to see if they are going to make a conversion kit for the MRX6X, still waiting :ROFLMAO:

I'd do another Nitro in a second but that would get me in the race mood, and I have no time to race:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back