The SERPENT 10th Pan Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final product before working on the lid..:cool:

Came out very nice. I wish the steering TB's had a bit harder anodize to them, even the new ones look stripped.

Rear to front:

Castle 10th 5800KV, Mamba X running Sensored
Rear track, straight as gotnitro
Front Futaba RX & (GYRO not hooked up yet) need to trim the wires but will do that later.
Savox MINI servo BEC @ 8V
Front track: -1.5-degree toe, -1-degree camber.

She weighs in at a whopping 769 grams or about 1.7lbs with a 1500MAH 3s batt.

She purrs, its soooo quiet! I forgot how quiet 64P is and almost perfectly balanced.

Already a little dusty, took it out in 30 degrees, didn't hook up lol..

View attachment 266403

View attachment 266405
View attachment 266406
View attachment 266407
Garbage. Send it to me for proper disposal.

Looks awesome. I want one!!

Nicely done!

Now I want to build one…
Yeah it should be fun once it gets nice out again. My street is supposed to be redone this year👍🏻 I wanted a 10th PC for a while now. They turn on a dime and ride on rails.

Just from driving it a bit today I have total overkill in it. AS IF.. That system can handle up to 9lbs but in a 1.7lb bullet lol.. we’ll see. 😂🤷‍♂️
Damn that thing is nice!
Do it do it do it do it! 😂ji man..

Yeah it should be fun once it gets nice out again. My street is supposed to be redone this year👍🏻 I wanted a 10th PC for a while now. They turn on a dime and ride on rails.

Just from driving it a bit today I have total overkill in it. AS IF.. That system can handle up to 9lbs but in a 1.7lb bullet lol.. we’ll see. 😂🤷‍♂️

Do it do it do it do it! 😂ji man..
I’m doing some initial research on these pan cars now and I’m looking at x rays and serpents. Corally looks pretty nice but no one has them in stock??

The SSX 8X is the most advanced ⅛ scale nitro on-road race car for the EP (Electric Powered) class
I knew it. Hybrid rc cars have arrived 😑 probably has more horse power then a Prius though 😂

One more shot of the GYRO hooked up. Thing could make a bad driver great lol. Just made little 2 inch jumpers. Hammer the throttle and she goes straight. :ROFLMAO:(y)

IMG_2661.jpg

I just sent them an email asking where it's at and when it's going to be in stock. We'll see.
That doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. If they don’t have cars then parts are probably even harder to source….

Although I think i want to build a pan car I’m drawn to 4wd with belts so maybe I really want a touring car? X20 medius mini is kind of interesting because you can run it in Fwd, rwd or 4wd…

That doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. If they don’t have cars then parts are probably even harder to source….

Although I think i want to build a pan car I’m drawn to 4wd with belts so maybe I really want a touring car? X20 medius mini is kind of interesting because you can run it in Fwd, rwd or 4wd…
I think its newer and they haven't launched it yet? 🤷‍♂️ I was looking at the X20 too. You're all over huh? 10th pan to a 10th touring to a 1/8th pan lol. It's winter, buy em all!

I have a MTC2 Carbon in my cart :LOL: Might be able to get away on the less expensive side with a Castle Micro system in it. I have 2 and they make massive power for what they are. Just HATE having to hide the enormous external BEC with an extra cluster fuk of wires. However, running it on 2s and letting all the power flow to a 8.4 servo is a BEC delete option. (y)

Yep
My mind is a mess. Part of my problem is this is a want purchase with little to no justification so I’m like a kid in a candy store that wants everything. Since I already have 2 1/7 speedrunners, 1/10 seems to make the most sense to mix it up a bit and belt drive has a certain attraction for me. 4wd seems like it’s easier to drive but maybe a good servo can correct for my crummy driving?

Idk…..

I guess there’s no hurry since I just completed my Hobao and I’ll probably be spending a lot of time trying to dial it in.

Yep
My mind is a mess. Part of my problem is this is a want purchase with little to no justification so I’m like a kid in a candy store that wants everything. Since I already have 2 1/7 speedrunners, 1/10 seems to make the most sense to mix it up a bit and belt drive has a certain attraction for me. 4wd seems like it’s easier to drive but maybe a good servo can correct for my crummy driving?

Idk…..

I guess there’s no hurry since I just completed my Hobao and I’ll probably be spending a lot of time trying to dial it in.
I hear that! My problem is I have to be doing something when I can’t do anything if that make sense. I’ll probably end up building a couple more on road this winter. No limitless or large on road for me moving forward. Gotta love the maneuverability of these smaller scale on roads.

Great job, she looks perfect.
I just wanna spank the ass on that thing. Beauty!

@phi
Anyone looking for that 8th pan Corally:

Hello Nitro,

It looks like we do have the SSX-823 on order. We should be receiving part number COR00133 later this month.

COR00133 - Corally - 1/8 SSX-823 On Road Pan Car Chassis Kit,
https://www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com/products/cor00133-1-8-ssx-823-on-road-pan-car
when I clicked the link it says out of stock?? I had "narrowed" down my list to 1/10th scale as they can still go plenty fast if set up correctly.
Natrix 750e still looks the most intriguing for what I want

https://worldsfastestrc.com/worlds-fastest-rc/speedrun/serpent-s120-134mph/

now I'm going to have to take a good long look at the team Corally.

@phi

when I clicked the link it says out of stock?? I had "narrowed" down my list to 1/10th scale as they can still go plenty fast if set up correctly.
Natrix 750e still looks the most intriguing for what I want

https://worldsfastestrc.com/worlds-fastest-rc/speedrun/serpent-s120-134mph/

now I'm going to have to take a good long look at the team Corally.
Yeah they are OOS but dude said he’s got them coming.
Natrix 750e
That thing is amazing! Optional 1/8th mount? You got me thinking now…

Last edited:
Yeah
750 natrix is supposed to be well suited for drag/high speed applications.

fwiw, 4wd pan cars do exist such as the 988 taipan. Like the corally it doesn't have shocks for the suspension. Here’s an interesting video about the build and it shows how the suspension works. when the car turns, the inside rear wheel lifts like a go kart. Very cool! I’m putting the taipan back on the list! 3:50 and 6:05

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back