Big Rock The slipper clutch is always getting loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
Hay. I have Big Rock BXL 3s. I got 2nd whole brand new slipper clutch and it still getting loose every time when i play with my truck. Running with stock 15T pinion. 3S 40C.

I tried:

A lot of blue thread lock - did not help
A little bit of red thread lock (Permanent) - did not help either, maybe it stayed a liitle bit longer.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hay. I have Big Rock BXL 3s. I got 2nd whole brand new slipper clutch and it still getting loose every time when i play with my truck. Running with stock 15T pinion. 3S 40C.

I tried:

A little bit of red thread lock (Permanent) - did not help either, maybe it stayed a liitle bit longer.

Any ideas? Thanks!

What does "loose" mean to you? Did you actually measure the before and after of the spring compression? If should not be doing standing backflips or instantaneous wheelies.

Loose for me means when I push the throttle and only motor spins (This is the worst scenario). I am trying not to do hard starts, but sometimes it happens. What I mainly do is jumping quite high, up to 10 metres, sometimes more...

Loose for me means when I push the throttle and only motor spins (This is the worst scenario). I am trying not to do hard starts, but sometimes it happens. What I mainly do is jumping quite high, up to 10 metres, sometimes more...
Did you clean the old locktite of the hole where the screw goes in? If not ussing new locktite of any kind is bassicly useless
Clean the hole with alchool and a brush
Ussually its only the 4s line who has the slipper issue if yours still keeps getting loosen use the warranty claim email horizon hobbies or call them have in hand you purchase receipt any pictures

I tried:

Any ideas? Thanks!

Take a video of you putting the slipper together and I’m sure we’ll be able to spot what’s wrong.

I'm having exactly the same problem. Ive tried the maintenance kit and blue locktite. I've set punch to 1 and it still loosens completely after 5 minutes of running. By loose I mean the car wont move and the motor just spins. I bought the car in Feb in the UK. Do you think they will honor a warranty claim on the clutch from then?

How tight do you set your slipper clutch? I tighten mine all the way then back off by half a turn and haven't had any issues.

I do that too. It works fine for a couple off minutes and then basically undoes it self. Very annoying!

I do that too. It works fine for a couple off minutes and then basically undoes it self. Very annoying!

My guess is your loctite is coming off while installing or not applied well enough. Once installed right and loctite cured it should feel tight while turning the bolt when you loosen it or tighten it. If at any point you don't feel much resistance while turning the bolt then you need to reapply the loctite. I put a drop of loctite in the back slipper plate before reassembly also not just on the bolt threads and use a pin to push some in the hole to make sure some actually goes down in the threads.

I would assemble your slipper without any thread locker and get it set the way you want. Then drop thread lock in the rear side of the hub onto the screw threads. Let it sit for at least 24 hours. If those threads that are exposed get caked in TL there is no way that it backs out. If it still gets loose then your spring is bad.

I found this thread when searching "slipper" to figure out a way to stop my Outcast 4s slipper from well... slipping (too much). After installing all new Jims bearings throughout I decided to clean and make sure everything in the slipper was good. After reassembling it would be fine for about a minute then start slipping pretty bad. So I took it all apart and cleaned everything. Then put it all back together with orange thread lock on the spring screw after backing it out about a half turn. Next day it was perfect. No more coming loose. I know others have suggested using thread lock on the end of the screw after assembling it, which was my next step if this didnt work. But seems perfect for now.

I found this thread when searching "slipper" to figure out a way to stop my Outcast 4s slipper from well... slipping (too much). After installing all new Jims bearings throughout I decided to clean and make sure everything in the slipper was good. After reassembling it would be fine for about a minute then start slipping pretty bad. So I took it all apart and cleaned everything. Then put it all back together with orange thread lock on the spring screw after backing it out about a half turn. Next day it was perfect. No more coming loose. I know others have suggested using thread lock on the end of the screw after assembling it, which was my next step if this didnt work. But seems perfect for now.
I think orange locktite is between the blue and red in terms of bonding if it fails well red threadlock will be your savior i can adjust my clutch without dissasembling the whole stupid thing

I'm having the same issue with my outcast slipper clutch. It doesn't do standing backflips anymore. Would the slipper clutch maintenance set be a viable option? I also noticed my outcast only have 3 slipper pads instead of 4. Is that normal??

So in the end the best result is to clean the slipper then coat entirely in orange lock tight before waiting one day before testing it out?
Loc tite the end of the screw, avoid getting loc tite on the spring. After it's screwed in, loc-tite the screw again where it comes out the back of the slipper. Then loosen it a little and let it set for 24 hours. How much you loosen is a matter of preference (1/2 turn to 1-1/2 turns). The tighter you have it, the more likely it's going to break loose again.

So after fitting an 18T pinion on my BRCC V3 today , now my slipper clutch bolt won’t stay tight more than 15 secs. Do you think this is related to the pinion ?
ive now removed the black plastic nut and blue locktite the bolt into the hub slightly tighter than the Arrma factory recommended tightness.
hopefully it will hold now 🤞

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back