Granite The slowest decent RC for my daughters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what your budget is I guess, I have the Granite MEGA and my 5yo can drive it around just fine on the slow speed setting. Can take 2S Lipo and comes with nimh battery.

If you're after something cheap, how about something from WL Toys or BlackZon RC. Don't know much about them however. Some of the WL Toys get good reviews and you usually can get parts for them.

also my granite has had a good beating, pretty much only drive it at the skate park at full throttle. Servo died within a week but replaced that with a better one. Other than that, the body tray is destroyed and I broke a control arm, been pretty tough so far.

No, don't get WLToys. They're just marketing geniuses who have been able to convince YouTubers to disguise their ads as "reviews". Then we all watch them thinking that they're actually good vehicles. WLToys also glues motor screws on so you can't take them off w/o going through a whole fiasco. WLToys cars are super delicate. Not exactly a trait you want for a car where parts are only available overseas with ship times of weeks to months.

If you're going to get a China car, make sure it's durable. #1 criteria for something overseas. If you buy a domestic car, you can at least get parts domestically. By the time you get parts, your daughter would've forgotten about the car that broke.

If you want a 1/16 scale, you want the HBX 16889A Pro for $90 from ebay.
If you want an 1/18 scale car, you want the 18859A, also brushless with oil shocks. Both durable with excellent customer service and support.
Don't get a 1/10 scale for her unless you plan on driving it yourself after some heavy modding. 1/10 budget cars are under performers by nature. Where manufacturers cut is the electronics that normally would be much better to haul their higher end trims sharing the same chassis. It's like buying a Toyota Highlander with a Corolla engine. You seriously would not want that. You'd either pay the Highlander price and get the performance of a Highlander or save money and get a Corolla knowing what it is and what it isn't.

No, don't get WLToys. They're just marketing geniuses who have been able to convince YouTubers to disguise their ads as "reviews". Then we all watch them thinking that they're actually good vehicles. WLToys also glues motor screws on so you can't take them off w/o going through a whole fiasco. WLToys cars are super delicate. Not exactly a trait you want for a car where parts are only available overseas with ship times of weeks to months.

If you're going to get a China car, make sure it's durable. #1 criteria for something overseas. If you buy a domestic car, you can at least get parts domestically. By the time you get parts, your daughter would've forgotten about the car that broke.

If you want a 1/16 scale, you want the HBX 16889A Pro for $90 from ebay.
If you want an 1/18 scale car, you want the 18859A, also brushless with oil shocks. Both durable with excellent customer service and support.
Don't get a 1/10 scale for her unless you plan on driving it yourself after some heavy modding. 1/10 budget cars are under performers by nature. Where manufacturers cut is the electronics that normally would be much better to haul their higher end trims sharing the same chassis. It's like buying a Toyota Highlander with a Corolla engine. You seriously would not want that. You'd either pay the Highlander price and get the performance of a Highlander or save money and get a Corolla knowing what it is and what it isn't.

Yup all of those "great reviews" are actually paid promotions so take the good things you hear about them with a grain of salt. I have the WL Toys 144001 and imho it is barely okay out of the box and even with every upgrade available they are still only a half decent car. They deviated too far from the Lc Racing design and the car really suffers do to their design changes.

As a side note parts are readily available in the US for the WL Toys cars, hell they even have parts with Prime shipping.

My biggest problem with a lot of these low end budget cars is that most of them use 2 in 1 esc receivers, 5 wire servos, unsealed diffs and friction dampers but it is nice to see that some of these companies are starting to include separate esc receivers, 3 wire servos and oil filled shocks. Now if we could only get them to spend the extra 2 cents and make the diffs sealed.

Last edited:
Hey buddy , ok so may I recommend the new Arrma Boost range .
I've bought one myself and before I upgraded mine I let my daughter who's 8 use it in training mode and she loved it that much she's now having one herself for Christmas.
Good thing is about them is all the 3s parts fit the car when there ready to go faster also .

Definitely recommend it as they will be tough as nails also on 2s . The car is definitely over engineered for a brushed car as it's based on the 3s blx with a few changes .

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...rushed-stadium-truck-rtr-red/ARA4105V4T1.html

I can't speak to RC cars but I have WL Toys helicopter and it has been great, takes a beating but its only a micro one and they're generally pretty tough anyway, only broke a tail boom on it.

I bought 2 of those "redcat" volcano 16's and 2 granite voltages for my 10/7 year olds. They still run them 2 years later all the time and honestly they have never broken anything at all. They slam those volcanos off sidewalks/curbs and each other playing bumper cars. Constantly. My one boy ran his straight through my latrax prerunner and pretty well totaled that latrax. No damage to his.
They both have newer faster rc and I think that was a waste cause they still prefer the slower redcats and granites. I have no experience ordering parts for either as they have never broken anything as I said.

Well for the record I've just ordered my daughter the granite boost as she's been practicing with my Vorteks and likes to turn it down to 50 so she can keep control of it , my logic is the Granite boost is pretty much indestructible as it's not travelling to the same as the 3s range and with it's higher ground clearance keeps the car out of nastys .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back