The Tactic TTX300 3rd Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Being kind of new to surface radios Im wondering if its possible to use the 3rd channel of the Tactic radio to control the Yeah racing tornado fans Im installing today? I was planning on using a small waterproof switch to control the two fans, but if I plug them into the 3rd channel of the rx then why couldnt I turn them on or off when needed via the TX? What switch on the TTX300 TX controls that 3rd channel of the RX?

anything that plugs in and appropriately supports the 6 or 7 volts i forget which it is should do that. in the middle of ur handle their is a small toggle button that i am told operates the third channel. i have not verified any of this first hand as i am new to the hobby. hope i helped u though.

middle of ur "handle" i mean transmitter.

its a square button

Just curious, why would you want to be able to turn the fans on and off via the tx? I have mine plugged in to the RX and they come on as soon as I power up the truck.

Yeah, just dloaded the TX manual and am trying the different programming modes to try and get it to turn the fans on or off, but am sure I would need a signalled (3 wire fan/s) to make it work as the usual setup on any rx is all the grounds, +volts are tied together on their own bus. Only the signal wires are seperated.

Thought it might be nice to have the fans switchable if I just had the Kraton powered up on the bench to work on something and not have the fans screaming away.

I wanted to be able to turn the light bar on and off on my Rock Rey and found out that wire isn't signaled. There is only two wires instead of three like a servo. That missing 3rd wire carries the signal. My LHS told me of a workaround with some adapter but it wasn't that important to me so I took a pass.

How much trouble would it be to wire a micro servo to operate a switch like on a nitro throttle/ brake

You could use a Traxxas tq3 which uses thumb to ingage low/ high tranny shift which holds

I wanted to be able to turn the light bar on and off on my Rock Rey and found out that wire isn't signaled. There is only two wires instead of three like a servo. That missing 3rd wire carries the signal. My LHS told me of a workaround with some adapter but it wasn't that important to me so I took a pass.
what happened with your lightbar without the signal? did it just stay off or just stay on?

The 2 pin will control a set of lights. The 4 pin will control 2 sets independently. If you don't use it for two sets you will have to hit the switch to get past the other lights unless you hook to both sides. (1) on (1) off (2) on (2) off (both) on (both) off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back