The Talion Is Best Handling Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed by a wide margin. My favorite basher.

Clipboard03.jpg

With those BF LP's. probably the best set up. 👍 👍 :cool:

I’ll throw a set of backflip LPs on it in a few minutes and get another bash in to illustrate the difference.
Im geared 20/46 so the esc probably isn’t going to like it, but oh well, we’ll see how long I can go before thermal kicks in 😎

she’ll rotate a lot quicker in the air that’s for sure

I also highly recommend widening the stance with Kraton hubs and axles to take the stress off of the shocks and standoff screws when running taller than stock tires like the LPs

After running back to back, I prefer the lighter Katars personally.

With the LPs on hard pack I can rotate the rear around with the throttle but on softer ground it tends to under steer a little more than I’d prefer although I could dial some of that out with a little more camber in the rear.

Hindsight I should’ve tossed in a 50t spur to knock the gearing down some as I really had to watch how aggressive I was with throttle input or the esc would cut out for a split second.

The thumbnail down below sums up this run nicely 😂

For comparison I run 30k front 1M center 60k rear, 2000k front shocks & 2500k rear

For comparison I run 30k front 1M center 60k rear, 2000k front shocks & 2500k rear
30k in front 60k in rear? That seems like an odd setup.

Don't hate me but I want a V2 Talion. Idk why but the body just reminds me of Spiderman. This was going to be my first Arrma but I fell in love with the orange Outcast.
talion01.jpg

30k in front 60k in rear? That seems like an odd setup.

Don't hate me but I want a V2 Talion. Idk why but the body just reminds me of Spiderman. This was going to be my first Arrma but I fell in love with the orange Outcast.
View attachment 130802
Yeah it’s unconventional but it works extremely well for a lightweight Talion paired with the Katars. I’ve probably tried 20 different combinations of fluid weights in the front and rear before settling on 30/1M/60

I have the opposite weights (60F/30R) in my Kraton and outcast but they serve a different purpose where handling and sharp responsiveness aren’t high on the priority list.

Yeah it’s unconventional but it works extremely well for a lightweight Talion paired with the Katars. I’ve probably tried 20 different combinations of fluid weights in the front and rear before settling on 30/1M/60

I have the opposite weights (60F/30R) in my Kraton and outcast but they serve a different purpose where handling and sharp responsiveness aren’t high on the priority list.
One of my friends races at the local track and has his Team Associated B64 setup with thicker oil in the rear than the front. Said it helps with cornering.

That talion is a rocket ship! So quick haha. I like both setups for different reasons when it comes to tires... stock katars are supreme for flying and soaring where as the backflips can dig in when it gets a little hairy on the terrain.

I’m jealous of your bash spot, that’s an awesome setup!

Mine is basically a kraton EXB converted to talion chassis , so I have the kraton hubs and 3 lsd’s fitted , 50t spur to , works a treat she does , great thread this is 👍🏻

Nice videos!

What are the main differences with the Kraton in terms of handling? They have the same wheelbase and A-Arms length, but different suspension, making the COG lower. Is that correct? If so, I guess the Talion is probably better at cornering and more stable overall...but not as good as the Kraton for rough terrain. Am I right?

I always thought that owning a Kraton and a Talion doesn't make that much sense if you only own 2-3 RC...but the more I think about it, I guess owning an overbuilt Kraton tank and a lightweight Talion rocket could be quite interesting. I'm eager to see what Arrma will come up with for the Talion revision in a few months. :)

Nice videos!

What are the main differences with the Kraton in terms of handling? They have the same wheelbase and A-Arms length, but different suspension, making the COG lower. Is that correct? If so, I guess the Talion is probably better at cornering and more stable overall...but not as good as the Kraton for rough terrain. Am I right?

I always thought that owning a Kraton and a Talion doesn't make that much sense if you only own 2-3 RC...but the more I think about it, I guess owning an overbuilt Kraton tank and a lightweight Talion rocket could be quite interesting. I'm eager to see what Arrma will come up with for the Talion revision in a few months. :)
The Kraton also has wider hubs so the Talion is the same width as most other truggies on the market, so it handles more like a truggy where as the Kraton is more like a mix between a monster truck and a truggy handling wise. The motor is also mounted farther back on the chassis which changes the weight distribution as well. And yes the Kraton will handle better of rough terrain.

The Kraton also has wider hubs so the Talion is the same width as most other truggies on the market, so it handles more like a truggy where as the Kraton is more like a mix between a monster truck and a truggy handling wise. The motor is also mounted farther back on the chassis which changes the weight distribution as well.
Very interesting! Thanks for the info! I knew the chassis had the same wheelbase but a different layout, but I didn't know what was different apart from the obvious servo orientation. I should have thought that the servo oriented like that had to push the motor rearward...

I didn't know about the different hubs. I agree all these changes combined must change a lot of things overall for the feeling of the RC! (y)

If you own a Talion v3 or later I recommend changing the hubs and axles out of the box to Kraton axles and hubs for a slightly wider stance. I’ve found no benefit to running the stock Talion hubs/axles.
The towers, shocks and tires are the 3 key ingredients to making it handle so much better than the Kraton. I have both and it’s night and day difference with how the two handle. Keep the Talion as light as possible, you can tell the difference when it’s carrying additional weight and it reflects in its handling characteristics.

After running back to back, I prefer the lighter Katars personally.

With the LPs on hard pack I can rotate the rear around with the throttle but on softer ground it tends to under steer a little more than I’d prefer although I could dial some of that out with a little more camber in the rear.

Hindsight I should’ve tossed in a 50t spur to knock the gearing down some as I really had to watch how aggressive I was with throttle input or the esc would cut out for a split second.

The thumbnail down below sums up this run nicely 😂
So awesome to watch you in that amazing rc playground you've built. You need to talk to Ed and explain to him about how to clear out a landing area;)

Does it jump jump better than the Kraton? Does the lower ground clearance cause it overheat in taller grass?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back