The Talion Is Best Handling Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it jump jump better than the Kraton? Does the lower ground clearance cause it overheat in taller grass?
Yes it jumps better than my Kraton and No it doesn’t overheat in taller grass.

Honestly , the EXB Kraton , or EXB Mojave did not hit me hard enough to go get one , however ...... Talion EXB , sign me up !!!!!!
Yes i'm in the same boat. Got a heavily modified Kraton already and didn't feel the need to get an EXB.
Always wanted a Talion and the EXB is mine!

Last edited:
After running back to back, I prefer the lighter Katars personally.

With the LPs on hard pack I can rotate the rear around with the throttle but on softer ground it tends to under steer a little more than I’d prefer although I could dial some of that out with a little more camber in the rear.

Hindsight I should’ve tossed in a 50t spur to knock the gearing down some as I really had to watch how aggressive I was with throttle input or the esc would cut out for a split second.

The thumbnail down below sums up this run nicely 😂
Love the power slides!

If I had to nitpick and find one complaint about my current setup on this Talion it would have to be that I think it needs more power.
It’s not that it doesn’t have enough now, just that with the wheel speed that I prefer to bash with (mid 70’s) it puts the stock electronics at the very edge of its capabilities and heat range.
With the hot summer months closing in, the increase in ambient air temp is going to give the blx185 less room or cushion to play with or force me to gear down to lower temps.

I had a Max6/4985 1650kv combo in this thing previously geared for 80 but between the added weight of the heavier motor and esc along with larger tires I was running at the time just killed the handling characteristics that I originally fell in love with when it was mostly stock and lightweight.

What to do what to do 🤔

If I had to nitpick and find one complaint about my current setup on this Talion it would have to be that I think it needs more power.
It’s not that it doesn’t have enough now, just that with the wheel speed that I prefer to bash with (mid 70’s) it puts the stock electronics at the very edge of its capabilities and heat range.
With the hot summer months closing in, the increase in ambient air temp is going to give the blx185 less room or cushion to play with or force me to gear down to lower temps.

I had a Max6/4985 1650kv combo in this thing previously geared for 80 but between the added weight of the heavier motor and esc along with larger tires I was running at the time just killed the handling characteristics that I originally fell in love with when it was mostly stock and lightweight.

What to do what to do 🤔
Got the same thoughts. The 4985 is too heavy so i’m going for a Max6 with a rocket 4092 1650kv and 22t pinion.

Got the same thoughts. The 4985 is too heavy so i’m going for a Max6 with a rocket 4092 1650kv and 22t pinion.
That’s what I think I’m gonna settle on🤪
I got the 1420kv

Interesting choices 🤔 I'm still undecided on what will power mine..😉
I take that back 1650🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤣🤣

image.jpg

Just bought a new ESC and 2 new motors to try in the Talion.

Option 1 will gain 166 grams over the blx system

Option 2 will shed 34 grams over the blx system. Both much more powerful than stock so we’ll see how this plays out. 😀

Whichever motor I don’t use will go into one of the speed runners I’m currently building

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back