Kraton The third day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j416

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The monster was all broken from the first two days:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-first-two-days.5968/

I finally got all of the the spare parts to mend it (new shock connector, new rear wheel arm, new tail wing holder). Late last night I spent probably an hour taking the things apart and them together again. All done, I took it outside.

What happens.

I just ever so slightly bumped into the curb on the side of a parking lot.

Front wheel arm cracked. The screw that holds the front bumper at the top, bent. I ordered new parts, with some extra just in case. All RPM, seems like a better choice than stock.

I cannot help but wonder what the fourth day will bring. o_O

Attachments

• IMG_4349.JPG
    IMG_4349.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 78
My a arm broke in the same way hitting a hidden tree stump in the brush and also snapped the shock connector. Replacements coming next week. Also ordered the T-Bone racing front bumper, hoping it will deflect future hits away from the a arm.

lol I hit a curb doing around 60mph it flipped a few times and just scratches. Must been way it hit the curb. But now I don't drive where there a curbs lol nothing to hit

Have you tried boiling your new a arms before you put them on the truck it helps to allow the plastic to b less rigid and will let it flex more before they break. Not sure where your located but if your weather is like mine right now the cold increases the chances if you clip something on accident they r brittle so they just snap. Highly recommnd boiling or soaking in wd40 before putting new arms on the rig. Rpm is deff a good choice that is what I have on mine and if you don' kno as long as you keep the top of the package with your reciept the a arms have life time warranty on them.

Boiling! That's a new one. Thanks. I'm in Stockholm. Snow and ice, maybe around -5°C or -10°C.

Ya the cold makes the plastic on your rig more brittle. And by boiling then it allow the plastic to flex more instead of just shatter. And your welcome that' what this forum is here for. There are so many respected and knowledgeble people here that are always willing to help. The more people we have that stay in the hobby because they were able to figure there problems out by places like this. Instead of giving up the hobby altogether benefits us all.

yeah I hit a plastic barrier well nudged it and my ball popped out first day on the first fiddlesticking run? 3rd day it went up in a plume of smoke! So far ARRMA is leaving a bitter taste in my mouth

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back