Kraton The Trash Lives On

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I give you The Trash, reborn:

IMG_0870.jpg

Check out those svelte body lines, the contrasting angles and curves. Please don't mind that the side of the body is being sucked in by the motor fans.

It all started with the purchase of a spare Kraton EXB chassis that I was hoping to use to upgrade my Talion ... and then coming to the realization that the EXB chassis of the Kraton is different than that of the EXB chassis for the Talion. So left with a spare chassis and wondering what to do with it, I came across @bicketybam 's for sale ad. After some shrewd/lackluster negotiating, we agreed on a price - but only after I demanded that the limited edition, autographed copy of The Trash be thrown in. After much cud chewing, he saw the light and agreed to my terms.

Look at all the prep work in getting this chassis ready to go. (none).

IMG_0702.jpg

After getting some parts bolted on:
IMG_0737.jpg

Then I got tired of taking pictures ... so after some more screwing, pinching, with pliers nonetheless, and lots of silicone fluid, she was back together:

IMG_0875.jpg

and here she is in all her one of a kind glory. Be jealous folks!

IMG_0868.jpg

I give you The Trash, reborn:

View attachment 98102

Check out those svelte body lines, the contrasting angles and curves. Please don't mind that the side of the body is being sucked in by the motor fans.

It all started with the purchase of a spare Kraton EXB chassis that I was hoping to use to upgrade my Talion ... and then coming to the realization that the EXB chassis of the Kraton is different than that of the EXB chassis for the Talion. So left with a spare chassis and wondering what to do with it, I came across @bicketybam 's for sale ad. After some shrewd/lackluster negotiating, we agreed on a price - but only after I demanded that the limited edition, autographed copy of The Trash be thrown in. After much cud chewing, he saw the light and agreed to my terms.

Look at all the prep work in getting this chassis ready to go. (none).

View attachment 98104

After getting some parts bolted on:
View attachment 98106

Then I got tired of taking pictures ... so after some more screwing, pinching, with pliers nonetheless, and lots of silicone fluid, she was back together:

View attachment 98107

and here she is in all her one of a kind glory. Be jealous folks!

View attachment 98108
I am soooooooo jealous! I finally got a Kraton and that Trash body was gonna be one of my first upgrades. You're one lucky guy. Plus, I think @BashingBrian should see this post.

I am soooooooo jealous! I finally got a Kraton and that Trash body was gonna be one of my first upgrades. You're one lucky guy. Plus, I think @BashingBrian should see this post.

I'm sure once @Mr.Duke sees this, he'll want to trade a couple of his hydrodipped Kraton bodies for this masterpiece.
I cannot for the life of me remember what you made that out of.

It's better that you don't know ... most likely it causes cancer in the state of California

I'm sure once @Mr.Duke sees this, he'll want to trade a couple of his hydrodipped Kraton bodies for this masterpiece.

It's better that you don't know ... most likely it causes cancer in the state of California
I offered to hydro dip it for him last year when I first saw it

I’m a little jealous that you ended up with it honestly

at least it still lives on in infamy ?

Now I feel like I need to make an even trashier Trash! That will be hard to top though ?
Take a shoe box, put layers of shoe goo in it and throw in some rocks, dirt, couple pine cones first, so they are on the outside. Then peal away the cardboard when it cures.

Camo trash!

Back in my t-maxx days when I cared very little about how things looked... those things just ate bodies for lunch and I gave up trying:
2004-0518-21Maxx-exhaustlow-bodyon.JPG

Savage from the same era:
2006-0722-SavageSH28SideBody.jpg

That's how I ran them for months at a time.

Body clips ripped through during a bash... I didn't stop:
2004-0401-SportMaxxBadBody-01.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back