The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Just in case anyone gets confused about some of the posts in this thread, it actually started out as 2 different threads for the same car that were made at different times. People kept posting in both threads so the 2 threads were merged into one. I quoted the first post from the other thread that starts on page 4.

Daddy want.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/1-10-tenacity-db-pro-smart-4wd-desert-buggy-rtr-lucas-oil-los03027t1

Features
  • TEN 4WD Platform
  • Spektrum Smart 130A Brushless ESC and Spektrum Firma 4-Pole 3150
  • Spektrum DX2E Active radio system with AVC and new SPMSR6100AT Receiver
  • Waterproof Components
  • 12mm race inspired aluminum bodied shock absorbers and caps
  • Race Inspired Scale Body

• Falken Wildpeak MT Tires
  • Sway Bars
  • Adjustable Turnbuckles
  • Officially Licensed trim schemes from Fox Racing and Lucas Oil
  • Front LED bar
  • Three silicone filled gear differentials
  • Center Differential
Overview
The legendary TEN was known around the world as one of the toughest platforms on the planet. Taking on any terrain, these trucks and buggies threw the gauntlet down on off-road excitement. The Losi® TENACITY® DB Pro 1/10-scale 4WD Buggy is a continuation of that dominance.

The TENACITY DB Pro includes a full metric hardware package and aluminum features the competition sells as option parts. This desert buggy features all the technological advances drivers demand including the Spektrum™ Smart 130A Brushless ESC and Spektrum Firma® 4-Pole 3150KV 550 Motor allowing you to hit 50+ MPH with a 3 cell LiPo battery. Of course, the ESC is waterproof, completely programmable and comes pre-wired with a high-current IC5™ connector. Drivers stay in control with a DX2E Active™ transmitter, a Spektrum AVC® receiver with steering priority, and scale-to-size Falken Wildpeak MT tires and Method wheels.

Finally, the TENACITY DB has a scale-inspired Desert Buggy body along with a new wing and off-road buggy inspired wheel design that looks good in the backyard and out in the desert blasting berms. You get all this and more from the brand that represents the pinnacle of performance.

Spektrum SMART ESC
The ESC is waterproof, completely programmable and comes pre-wired with a high-current IC5 connector. The ESC will work with most sensorless brushless motors and is 2S-3S Li-Po and Ni-MH compatible

50+ MPH Spektrum™ Firma® 4-Pole 3150Kv Motor
The brushless ESC and motor provide wicked power with a 3 cell LiPo battery (not included) that will blaze along at speeds of 50+ MPH.

Waterproof Electronics
The TENACITY DB Pro is loaded with waterproof electronics including the receiver, servo and ESC. Everything is sealed against the elements allowing you to splash in the rain, spin in the mud and make tracks in the snow. It's full-throttle freedom to run anytime, rain or shine.

Officially Licensed Fox Racing and Lucas Oil Trim Schemes
Officially licensed Fox Racing and Lucas Oil trim schemes bring authentic scale details to the TENACITY DB Pro. These will have racers doing double takes as they take on all comers.

It looks like a modiffed version of the TEN-SCBE.
Tenacity DB Pro on the left TEN-SCBE on the right.
q3rtsg.jpg

Hey everyone, this is the unofficial losi tenacity DB pro thread. Here you can post your opinion, pics, videos, upgrades and and info about the Losi DB pro. Here, it will make it easier for soon to be buyers to find info and facts and for current DB pro owners to post there tips and tricks!??

I’ll start off with what arrived today!? These pics are taken after the maiden run. I was too excited to drive it and forgot to take pics?‍♂️?
What showed up: 1.5 to 3mm mip hex drivers, TLR nut drivers, a smaller back up charger, proline the glue and last but not least my DB pro!
View attachment 63517View attachment 63518View attachment 63519View attachment 63520View attachment 63521View attachment 63522
The Db pro is easily the best handling rig I’ve ever owned, the build quality is 10 out of 10 and I’m really happy with my purchase.
The TLR nut drivers and mip wrenches feel amazing in the hand! The charger seems nice as well. The servo sucks so I have replaced it with an eco boost I had laying around. 25kg 0.11 speed is way overkill for this truck but it feels amazing. The DB pros servo horn is a 23 tooth splined insert but luckily I had a 25 tooth insert lying around. Even though I’ve just been running 2s the motor was hot but thats probably becuase it’s crazy hot right now?. I just removed the the interior panel to let more air flow through to the motor.
View attachment 63524View attachment 63525View attachment 63526View attachment 63527
On my second run at the BMX track both rear tires came partially unglued. My glue job isn’t the prettiest but does the trick.?In the next few days. I plan on making front and rear skid plates out of some 3mm steel plate I’ve got laying around. The bearings that replace the steering bushings are 5x8x2.5mm they fit perfect but I’ve only got 2.?Lol. This sums up my first day with a losi Db pro. I will keep this thread updated with my experience with the DB and hopefully some other people can post there pics, tips and tricks here too!???

Last edited:
They finally got it right ! When they got rid of the Ten SCBE , they got rid of a good chassis/drivetrain !!!! The following Tenacitys were cheap/diffs were junk , etc .
This new version goes back to the good chassis , very similar to my SCTE 3.0 kit .

Attachments

• IMG_3927.JPG
    IMG_3927.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 167
I am guessing this is the Tenacity DB with the Pro kit?
https://www.horizonhobby.com/tenacity-proformance-upgrade-kit-los331008

Wonder if they still use the cheap diffs.

As far as price, this is $70 more than the DB, and the PRO kit is $100, so seems like a deal.

And yeah, I've been wanting one of these sense the origonal SCBE release. They don't come up used very often, though.

As far as price, this is $70 more than the DB, and the PRO kit is $100, so seems like a deal.

And yeah, I've been wanting one of these sense the origonal SCBE release. They don't come up used very often, though.
I went on the Losi sight , they went back to the fluid filled , metal gear diffs , seems a lot more different than the upgrade kit . You can see chassis braces built on this one now also . Seems like a pretty good truck for the money IMO .
Not saying I want one , cause my $$$$$ is waiting for the arrival of the Mojave 1/7 !!!
Put SC wheels/tires on your Typhon , and basically have the same thing .

Last edited:

I find them bnib on ebay for like $450-500 from time to time.
@razorrc had a good review of this
How can someone have a review of a product that hasn't been released yet?

It's a tenacity with the performance kit. It's a new esc and new motor.
I have a tenacity truggy with the performance kit. The diffs are just like the scte(I have built a 2.0 and 3.0). The only difference is the output cups. The tenacity has the solid softer metal type where the scte has the lightned hardened type(I installed those in mine)
The esc is solid in the tenacity as it has no issues running a 3674 motor in mine. I changed the motor as it just wasnt up to the task for running the truck( it just not the right motor for a truck this size) other than that the truck is a beast and has taken some serious punishment. It handles well and because its built like the scte there is plenty of parts and setups to make this thing handle even better.

I find them bnib on ebay for like $450-500 from time to time.

How can someone have a review of a product that hasn't been released yet?
It’s only new in a full kit as I understand. The same performance parts were available as an upgrade to the base kit in the past. At least that’s what I remember hearing. I’m not an expert on the subject.

This was another idea we were kicking around. I keep going from a 6s Typhon, to 3s Typhon, to a Rock Rey, to this. I'll be indecisive until I pull the trigger on one, just the way I am. The 6s and 3s I have the same plans for but have been feeling eh on the idea. I really like the 2 Losi's.

This was another idea we were kicking around. I keep going from a 6s Typhon, to 3s Typhon, to a Rock Rey, to this. I'll be indecisive until I pull the trigger on one, just the way I am. The 6s and 3s I have the same plans for but have been feeling eh on the idea. I really like the 2 Losi's.
Keep in mind that you cannot bash the Losi Rock Rey like an Arrma. And it's nowhere near as fast as one.

Since I have all the Arrmas I want for right now (except the Mojave , will get that as soon as hits my LHS ) , I think I will be getting the Tenacity DB Pro as well , seems to be a different sort of driving experience to have .
I'm watching an unboxing now. Servo needs to be replaced. Total weaksauce. The battery tray is small in my opinion. You need to add spacers and longer screws (included) to run a 3s battery. They also want you to drop the pinion from 17 to 15 if you run 3s. Fair enough.

An issue I have is the battery strap. Looks like you’d need some slim ones to fit properly. Too me, nothing is more infuriating than buying more batteries only because your current ones don’t fit.

Back