The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
After a little while away from RC, im looking to get a 2nd car for occasional bashing and tinkering with. (Ive currently got a Senton Mega upgraded with a Max 10 Ezrun motor and ESC along with half a dozen Tamiya shelf queens)
Ive seen a 2nd hand Tenacity DB pro advertised local to me for sale thats apparently only been lightly used and Im thinking about getting it. Knowing very little about these buggys can you guys tell me if it makes a good truck for light bashing on grass / loose gravel etc, and how reliable and tough they are, and whats the availabilty of parts in the UK. Lastly is there anything in particular I need to look out for if and when I go to see it.
Many thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice.

Last edited:
I’m in the states so cannot help on all those questions. Love the DB pro but the only issue I have with them are the diff internal gears. Many in this thread had to swap them for the better spider gears…outdrives are a very soft metal. If that has been changed or you are willing to do so its a great rig.

If I were going to point you to something different a nice day bashes would be like a Big Rock 3S BLX along those lines…

Just picked up a DB Pro for $175 used! I don't know if they're different "revisions" to the DB Pro line but it came with a DX3 radio.

Anyways, I didn't realize how small the battery tray would be and none of my 3s batteries would ever fit. Does anyone know the maximum battery size it can accommodate? Links to recommend batteries? 🙂

Also... I plan on tearing it down and rebuilding the differentials/shocks. Any pointers/upgrades that should be addressed on any of the car?

20240320_175837.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_210541_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_210549_Chrome.jpg

Just picked up a DB Pro for $175 used! I don't know if they're different "revisions" to the DB Pro line but it came with a DX3 radio.

Anyways, I didn't realize how small the battery tray would be and none of my 3s batteries would ever fit. Does anyone know the maximum battery size it can accommodate? Links to recommend batteries? 🙂

Also... I plan on tearing it down and rebuilding the differentials/shocks. Any pointers/upgrades that should be addressed on any of the car?

View attachment 355906

View attachment 355907

View attachment 355908

Excellent buy my friend!

I love my DB Pro, but only after I rebuilt the diffs. Losi or HH changed the gears, so mine had the smaller spider gears in the diff that stripped...not sure what came in your release. It was not until I put the better Losi released version with taller teeth hooked up well. I did remove those soft outdrives.

As for the tray, I had the same issue. @Tex Koder built me a better tray so it could take my longer China Hobby batteries. Worth every penny!

1710997697589.png

1710997731530.png

1710997748016.png

View attachment 355906

View attachment 355907

View attachment 355908
I replace the battery tray with Velcro so i can run different sized batteries. Only issue is that the batteries are hard to remove because the Velcro sticks too well.

I've had mine since they first released. I have two of them, one is a shelf queen that never gets used (Lucas Oil body). I run 4S with a 3670 2400kv Leopard motor in mine and it's a blast to drive. I haven't had any real issues with it, even with the original diffs that have held up this long. Only thing I've had to do was make sure the diffs were shimmed, but eventually I will install the updated diffs in it. Also run 17mm hexes with 1/8th buggy wheels/tires on it. There are some risers that come with it to raise the battery brace up a little. But that battery tray Parcou has is nice! I need that on mine! lol.

Anyone know what weight oil for the diff's?

My truck was used and I want to replace front, center, rear differential fluids and the shock fluid. I can't seem to find what weight it used for the diff tho.

Anyone know what weight oil for the diff's?

My truck was used and I want to replace front, center, rear differential fluids and the shock fluid. I can't seem to find what weight it used for the diff tho.
Hi

• OEM
    • Front Diff: 5K
    • Center Diff: 5K
    • Rear Diff: 3K

Found my sweet spot for this rig 7/15/5 works great for me.

Back