The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to clarify these outdrives are stronger then stock and fit front, rear and centre right? https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-front-rear-hd-lightened-outdrive-set-2-losb3575/p204174

have not seen anyone mention the Tekno M6 shafts, has anyone used them and if so is it worth buying them over the part listed above.

gotnitro, I have been looking into new centre drive line (stock centre outdrives are getting worn) and saw that you got the puck system have you notice that they improve acceleration and braking? going back would you buy the puck system again or get the lightened out drives in the URL above or some other product.

Thanks,

Yes because the driveshafts wear out quick. I have been through a few sets of the stock shafts. So far the tekno are holding up better

Just to clarify these outdrives are stronger then stock and fit front, rear and centre right? https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-front-rear-hd-lightened-outdrive-set-2-losb3575/p204174

have not seen anyone mention the Tekno M6 shafts, has anyone used them and if so is it worth buying them over the part listed above.

gotnitro, I have been looking into new centre drive line (stock centre outdrives are getting worn) and saw that you got the puck system have you notice that they improve acceleration and braking? going back would you buy the puck system again or get the lightened out drives in the URL above or some other product.

Thanks,

Not in love with them at all with how I set mine up. Pucks get worn after 1/2 pack. They would probably be great if your all stock. I'll most likely be going back to the HD's and stock shafts as I have 2 sets. I can handle the pins flattening out..

Would you buy those instead of the hardened out puts? Doesn’t it come with the proper set screws in the listing picture there are set screws, are those the ones that are needed to make it fit?

Yes but you need shorter set screws. Its what I have in my red one. The 3.0 version has the shorted set screws
I had bought these dog bones as well. I suppose I'll just use these and the set screws that come stock with the buggy when that time comes.

I'm looking at these hinge pin braces for the scte 3.0, will they fit the Tenacity? Most kits come with the plastic bits shown below but this one does not.

If those do fit, do I need the plastic bits as shown in the below kit? I do not see them in the parts assembly diagram that comes with the Tenacity pro but these are an upgrade part. I do not want to buy the upgraded braces and find out I need those plastic bits.

Thanks!

I have the aluminum hinge prin braces on mine. Yes you have to have the plastic inserts for them to work. They allow for more tuning options depending on which incerts you put in and weigh about 1/2 of what the steel stock part weighs.

Sorry i know i probably look like a idiot but i am confused about whether you need different set screws to install the TLR centre shafts or do the stock ones included in the kit work. If you need different set screws do you minding leaving a link and also has anyone tried droop screws and if so could you leave a part number for those as well thank you.

The center shafts on the 2.0 had a plastic retainer to hold the cvd pins from falling out. So the set screws were longer. The dog bone upgrade kit had the longer screws as they expected you to still use the retainers
So I used 2 set screws from some unused pinion gears l had lying around so the screws would fit flush

Has anyone else cogging issues with their Spektrum 130A? I'm on the "speed" pinion which is not helping but it is still a little bit too much I think.

Has anyone else cogging issues with their Spektrum 130A? I'm on the "speed" pinion which is not helping but it is still a little bit too much I think.
Not enough to make me switch pinions ?

Not enough to make me switch pinions ?
OK :D
Maybe I'll post a short video of it when I have the time. I also bought the Spektrum Link and updated the firmware but unfortunately it's still there.

Is it possible to fit the DB Pro body on the Typhon 6S with little effort? The fox edition looks really nice, but i prefer the Typhon ;-)

Is it possible to fit the DB Pro body on the Typhon 6S with little effort? The fox edition looks really nice, but i prefer the Typhon ;-)
I have seen a few pics for it done. Looked bad a$$. Will see if I can find the posts
Its one page back in this thread. I knew I seen it somewhere

Last edited:
Back