The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't know how they expect the Lasernut to run 4S. I haven't checked the part numbers, but I think they're the same. The drivetrain was designed for 2S, can barely survive 3S...

I ran 6s through the DB Pro, stock bones, upgraded HD cups, steel spur can take it all on the street and mild dirt, beating the :poop: out of it on a track or bash spot would be a different story. The thing was nuttier than squirrel poop.. The problem is the CD, almost have to run it fully locked otherwise the heat it creates is unreal. On 4s mine does 63 with a 24T pinion. 4s creates huge CD heat as well, mine is currently 20M to handle it, still gets hot. My CD is in the mid to lower 140's while the motor is only in the lower 120's. The CD looks to be the same on the LN, I still want one!

The warped axles have been replaced with new stock axles. It'll be 2S from here out (unless someone makes a better axle). I need to put the original pinion back on .. but other than that, she's back to stock.

20200919_152619.jpg

I have one of these and been debating to sell it and get a Beja Ray. I think after reading this threat, I'm going to keep it after all.

I have one of these and been debating to sell it and get a Beja Ray. I think after reading this threat, I'm going to keep it after all.
I just ran mine and recorded it. I love the DB Pro!

What are you breaking on 3s? I run mine on 4s 24T pinion and it doesn’t break anything. The CD gets hot with 2M in it but that’s about it.
Warped both right CVD's. With some research (like youtube), you'll note this is not uncommon (warping cvd's). On 3S, I wasn't doing anything crazy .. ran it on an open field, Jr football field size area, pretty flat. No rocks, no jumps. This vehicle has barely hit any jumps yet. Since putting it back to 2S configuration, I've run it once (today) on a baseball field - around the diamond - and the right front CVD already has a slight bow to it. Considering the CVD's are not readily available in my area, I'm trying to take it easy on the car.

You'll also note that Razor pointed out issues with 3S on the DB Pro .. and says: 'I honestly don't know how they expect the Lasernut to run 4S. I haven't checked the part numbers, but I think they're the same. The drivetrain was designed for 2S, can barely survive 3S... ' .. so I'm not the only one (even here) noticing issues with 3S.

Last edited:
Warped both right CVD's. With some research (like youtube), you'll note this is not uncommon (warping cvd's). On 3S, I wasn't doing anything crazy .. ran it on an open field, Jr football field size area, pretty flat. No rocks, no jumps. This vehicle has barely hit any jumps yet. Since putting it back to 2S configuration, I've run it once (today) on a baseball field - around the diamond - and the right front CVD already has a slight bow to it. Considering the CVD's are not readily available in my area, I'm trying to take it easy on the car.

You'll also note that Razor pointed out issues with 3S on the DB Pro .. and says: 'I honestly don't know how they expect the Lasernut to run 4S. I haven't checked the part numbers, but I think they're the same. The drivetrain was designed for 2S, can barely survive 3S... ' .. so I'm not the only one (even here) noticing issues with 3S.

Nothing a few upgrades won't solve.

The diffs with the 4 gears are fine, they can easily take 3s.

Centre Driveshafts need replacing - Mip Pucks center drive kit.

Cvds... Put Tekno R/C TKR2210X M6 Driveshaft/Lightened Outdrives in both Front and Rear.

Heatsink and fan on motor

Double stack fan on ESC

Run 3s all day long

Ran mine today also - and also love it. I wish it could do 3S (and not break anything) but I'm fine with it on 2S. Are you on 15T or 17T?
I'm on the 2S pinion. It was a nice 60 degree day and it didn't even thermal ???

Yeah I don't follow razor after a mishap in here with another member. Probably still wouldn't even if that didn't happen. The only "upgrades" I did to mine is the LOSI HD cups in the CD +FR, tower braces which has nothing to do with the driveline and the aluminum steering assembly. I had the MIP shafts, busted those easily. Pucks would need replacement after 1- 4s pack, back to the stock bones and they hold up perfectly. My CVD's are straight as an arrow.

Yeah I don't follow razor after a mishap in here with another member. Probably still wouldn't even if that didn't happen. The only "upgrades" I did to mine is the LOSI HD cups in the CD +FR, tower braces which has nothing to do with the driveline and the aluminum steering assembly. I had the MIP shafts, busted those easily. Pucks would need replacement after 1- 4s pack, back to the stock bones and they hold up perfectly. My CVD's are straight as an arrow.
Doesn't really matter who you follow or don't follow (I don't follow anyone) - it doesn't change the facts - there are more than a few people experiencing this problem. I'll look into the HD cups and tower braces tho for a future upgrade.

Doesn't really matter who you follow or don't follow (I don't follow anyone) - it doesn't change the facts - there are more than a few people experiencing this problem. I'll look into the HD cups and tower braces tho for a future upgrade.
I just checked mine and so far so good. I will keep an eye on them though. I don't watch RazorRC either.

Like I said .. it doesn't matter who you watch or don't watch. I don't get my information from any one place. I've watched and read tons of reviews before getting this car - and alot of them said the same thing. I used Razor's name because he was talking about it here, on this forum - one of our very own. Not sure why there seems to be a need to specify who does or doesn't follow him. Regardless, it doesn't change the information.

My DB Pro CVD's .. the one by itself is the right front. The together is right front and right rear.

cvd01.jpg

cvdrf02.jpg

cvdrf01.jpg

I don’t know how that’s happened with 2s or 3s. I’ve ran 6s and run 4s all the time and that hasn’t happened to mine. I wonder if those are middle finger Monday CVD’s...:ROFLMAO:
That was 3S. True .. could be Monday CVD's. That said, the new right front already has a very slight warp (less than the right rear above) - and the only place it's been is on a baseball diamond (on 2S only). Again, I'm not the only one seeing these results - so this isn't exclusive to me or this specific car.

Back