The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any other bulkhead options other than the Vitavon? I don't want to make them aluminum because it is heavy and wont do me any good on the track. As far as the diff goes what other options do you have? Is the lasernut blowing up diffs on 4s?

Is there any other bulkhead options other than the Vitavon? I don't want to make them aluminum because it is heavy and wont do me any good on the track. As far as the diff goes what other options do you have? Is the lasernut blowing up diffs on 4s?

I agree and it is expensive. What I have read and seen are the inner diff parts are breaking down due to the softer metal like the crown gears that turn the spider gears. Lasernut really bad so the DB Pro has not been to that level I only had the rear diff crown gears go bad. My thought or concern and I don't have the experience to know if you go 4S will those gear that comes stock handle that. There is the Ten-T stuff not sure if it will work or any better...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-differential-gear-set-w-hardware-tent-losb3569/p-qqqxtzqabbzxactz

I agree and it is expensive. What I have read and seen are the inner diff parts are breaking down due to the softer metal like the crown gears that turn the spider gears. Lasernut really bad so the DB Pro has not been to that level I only had the rear diff crown gears go bad. My thought or concern and I don't have the experience to know if you go 4S will those gear that comes stock handle that. There is the Ten-T stuff not sure if it will work or any better...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-differential-gear-set-w-hardware-tent-losb3569/p-qqqxtzqabbzxactz
I have already gotten that for my center diff as one of the stock spider gears decided it was time to lose some teeth. I'll most likely hold off on the 4s conversion for now till I get a better idea weather this car could take it or not, will also browse through some lasernut forums and see what they think.

Anyone know if the lasernut battery box is a drop in replacement?

Added a simple mod some did to the Big Rock and Granite by adding an oring on the motor piston. Just added something to help or stop dirt from getting to the bearings for bit longer life. The cover is good and needed but I did have dirt still getting in that hole before adding the oring. With the Big Rock some like me did also cut a hole in the chassis so the dirt can escape which I cannot do on the Losi.

Needed two orings to cover the gap and its not pressing or creating any drag on the pinion

1624731936725.png
1624731966881.png

Added a simple mod some did to the Big Rock and Granite by adding an oring on the motor piston. Just added something to help or stop dirt from getting to the bearings for bit longer life. The cover is good and needed but I did have dirt still getting in that hole before adding the oring. With the Big Rock some like me did also cut a hole in the chassis so the dirt can escape which I cannot do on the Losi.

Needed two orings to cover the gap and its not pressing or creating any drag on the pinion

View attachment 154365View attachment 154366

I'm actually going to start doing this on all my rcs.

View attachment 154365View attachment 154366
Curious as to why you didn't add the washer where the pinion gear meets the o-ring?

I just got my DB pro a couple days ago and am going to swap out the bearings and do this mod like I did to my Typhon and need to do to the rest of my rigs lol But in that original thread the guy used a washer I'm guessing so you don't have something metal other than the shaft constantly rubbing against the O-ring?

That does suck that they don't make another brand of metal bulkhead BUT they all seem to be the same price. I know for the 6s arrma line the Vitavon is around $96 and if you go with HR it comes out to close to $105 with all the parts needed to make it fully metal lol

Oh and you guys are awesome for all the recommendations and tips! I just finished reading through the whole thread (took me a couple weeks) hah

Curious as to why you didn't add the washer where the pinion gear meets the o-ring?

I just got my DB pro a couple days ago and am going to swap out the bearings and do this mod like I did to my Typhon and need to do to the rest of my rigs lol But in that original thread the guy used a washer I'm guessing so you don't have something metal other than the shaft constantly rubbing against the O-ring?

That does suck that they don't make another brand of metal bulkhead BUT they all seem to be the same price. I know for the 6s arrma line the Vitavon is around $96 and if you go with HR it comes out to close to $105 with all the parts needed to make it fully metal lol

Oh and you guys are awesome for all the recommendations and tips! I just finished reading through the whole thread (took me a couple weeks) hah
Good call out.

I had no washers large enough to get over the pinion shaft, or too large like car size large. My fault I really, really need to order a washer set of different sizes keep putting it off. I will circle back and do this.

Good call out.

I had no washers large enough to get over the pinion shaft, or too large like car size large. My fault I really, really need to order a washer set of different sizes keep putting it off. I will circle back and do this.
For something like that you would likely need a spacer it is an awfully large gap.

Hey Fam just wanted to give my impressions if anyone wanted to try the belted Proline Badland MX28 HP 2.8" on the Losi DB

Live here in Memphis, hot evening today @ 7p
  • 91deg, feel like 95deg
  • Ran two battery packs back to back no rest but to change battery, 1st 3S 5500mah, 2nd 5000mah
  • Only cut off was LVC, no thermal shutdown ever
  • 2 good aftermarket fans on ESC and motor
Yes, these belted tires are heavier than stock but not heavy like weights....as for performance at my level of bashing I did not see anything in weight that slowed it down compared to all my prior tire runs...still 3S fast on the 15T pinion. I ran it in an area with dirt, little grass, rocks, and a little jump across the concrete between the street and dirt.

-- The tires being MX hooked up good to be expected...no ballooning of course...the win
-- In the loose areas, I can turn a 180deg and no flipping it bits and drifts and turn perfectly for their size...no change there
-- In areas like grass or street, these tires will bit and you can flip in a turn so it will tip up one side...not my main running areas
-- Previously, I could get a little slide or drift in those areas on the smaller tires...no loss for me it's a dirty buggy anyway
-- In my opinion, they do not feel or act like truck tires with their more narrow/tall belted setup work well as a SC tire here
-- Added tire on the surface grips so nicely and being MX28 makes it all the better so hook-up is sweet

I am open to other's thoughts on the last one or any of the above...just sharing some my experience if someone was looking at these for their Losi. I am not a jumper with this rig save that for my Big Rock so I rather run the Losi more like a DB, desert buggy, to its strong point.

Tires...feel it still has a nice ratio balance although taller....
1627006970911.png

Forgot my heat gun to report the tire, battery and motor temps...so this is all I have for the back to back runs for temp only the ESC...sorry....did good on temps this was max on the last battery run and at a stop or rest the temps did move down quickly:
1627007120263.png

Sorry for the dirty RC pic....better fans do help with temps...especially with the tires IF that is an impact here to a degree of concern for me.....
1627007323700.png

Fan is lifted on the motor heatsink for more air down-force. Same model fan on the ESC
1627007366657.png

@KiTris ExtremeRC

Hey Fam just wanted to give my impressions if anyone wanted to try the belted Proline Badland MX28 HP 2.8" on the Losi DB

Live here in Memphis, hot evening today @ 7p
  • 91deg, feel like 95deg
  • Ran two battery packs back to back no rest but to change battery, 1st 3S 5500mah, 2nd 5000mah
  • Only cut off was LVC, no thermal shutdown ever
  • 2 good aftermarket fans on ESC and motor
Yes, these belted tires are heavier than stock but not heavy like weights....as for performance at my level of bashing I did not see anything in weight that slowed it down compared to all my prior tire runs...still 3S fast on the 15T pinion. I ran it in an area with dirt, little grass, rocks, and a little jump across the concrete between the street and dirt.

-- The tires being MX hooked up good to be expected...no ballooning of course...the win
-- In the loose areas, I can turn a 180deg and no flipping it bits and drifts and turn perfectly for their size...no change there
-- In areas like grass or street, these tires will bit and you can flip in a turn so it will tip up one side...not my main running areas
-- Previously, I could get a little slide or drift in those areas on the smaller tires...no loss for me it's a dirty buggy anyway
-- In my opinion, they do not feel or act like truck tires with their more narrow/tall belted setup work well as a SC tire here
-- Added tire on the surface grips so nicely and being MX28 makes it all the better so hook-up is sweet

I am open to other's thoughts on the last one or any of the above...just sharing some my experience if someone was looking at these for their Losi. I am not a jumper with this rig save that for my Big Rock so I rather run the Losi more like a DB, desert buggy, to its strong point.

Tires...feel it still has a nice ratio balance although taller....
View attachment 159673

Forgot my heat gun to report the tire, battery and motor temps...so this is all I have for the back to back runs for temp only the ESC...sorry....did good on temps this was max on the last battery run and at a stop or rest the temps did move down quickly:
View attachment 159674

Sorry for the dirty RC pic....better fans do help with temps...especially with the tires IF that is an impact here to a degree of concern for me.....
View attachment 159675

Fan is lifted on the motor heatsink for more air down-force. Same model fan on the ESC
View attachment 159676

@KiTris ExtremeRC
That's a good idea putting a lock nut under the screw, makes it harder for it to back out.

Ya the manual doesn't have to much specific detail but next time anyone opens up their shocks please measure. :)
You need the mm thickness of the piston? Or only the length from end to end or end to threads?

I JUST rebuilt my stock shocks last night & then I checked this thread this morning. I did not measure the shock cylinder, but the shock pistons that came out measure 12 mm diameter.

ok thanks, I wonder if that is the same diameter as the ones I linked above but they (pistons i linked) fit the scte 2.0 which are the same size shocks right?

ok thanks, I wonder if that is the same diameter as the ones I linked above but they (pistons i linked) fit the scte 2.0 which are the same size shocks right?

Good question I have not seen that model or familiar with it....

12mm piston diameter is the same between the linked pistons and the stock pistons, but the stock pistons have 4 holes that measure .045" diameter compared to the linked pistons with 2 holes @ 1.6mm diameter.

You do the math... :giggle:

Back