The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same with you....let me know how it runs. Today was a good day....

I was able to get on the golf course today without being run off ..this time. 73deg today and run it good in the fairway nice drifts, small golf hills for little air off the fairway for some dirt action. The 2650kv with the 18T temp was about 95deg halfway in the run. When I finished the full battery pack it was 104-109deg range.

I am pleased with this first run....I will run it more did not bring more batteries because I normally get run off the golf course.
Sounds like you had a good run 😎

That is cool, did it run similar to stock motor 15t?, even better if you could fit a bigger pinion as it would definitely be ok temperature wise.. you going to try 4s? That thing would rip!

Sounds like you had a good run 😎

That is cool, did it run similar to stock motor 15t?, even better if you could fit a bigger pinion as it would definitely be ok temperature wise.. you going to try 4s? That thing would rip!

It ran the same as if it was the 15T on 3S...no difference since this motor has fewer RPMs spins slower than the faster stock motor 3200kv. A larger pinion equals it out on speed to match. Matter of me learning now motors and gearing to get the right balance.

My plan was to go 4S...but I will stay at 3S bashing I can see breaking stuff on 4S. It is fast enough for an offroad 45-50mph is all I need otherwise harder to control offroad. Reading some posts from a YT who did 4S was too much power and the added weight of the larger 4S battery made it too heavy for jump and bashing per that user..they went back to 3S close to my setup but with a 2900kv motor on 18T. Those are the two areas I am tweaking all my rigs... Weight keeping it close to stock even with upgrades (tires, electronics, etc.) and cooling keeping it close to stock but getting electronics that run cooler or gearing it to lower but the same output.

With Hoon tire and on-road, you might like 4S.

It ran the same as if it was the 15T on 3S...no difference since this motor has fewer RPMs spins slower than the faster stock motor 3200kv. A larger pinion equals it out on speed to match. Matter of me learning now motors and gearing to get the right balance.

My plan was to go 4S...but I will stay at 3S bashing I can see breaking stuff on 4S. It is fast enough for an offroad 45-50mph is all I need otherwise harder to control offroad. Reading some posts from a YT who did 4S was too much power and the added weight of the larger 4S battery made it too heavy for jump and bashing per that user..they went back to 3S close to my setup but with a 2900kv motor on 18T. Those are the two areas I am tweaking all my rigs... Weight keeping it close to stock even with upgrades (tires, electronics, etc.) and cooling keeping it close to stock but getting electronics that run cooler or gearing it to lower but the same output.

With Hoon tire and on-road, you might like 4S.
Yeah tbh I never thought it needed more speed off road and with the set up you've got now hopefully will be trouble free 👍👍
I don't actually own any 2 or 4s batteries so will be sticking with 3s, not had it out yet but hopefully should stay cool enough with the twin fans, they certainly push some air!

Will be out later today or this weekend definitely, I'm itching to see what it's like on tarmac 😎

I'm trying to keep my rigs lighter too, the talion seems better stock or lighter, I was at one point thinking about a bigger motor but not any more, its a beast! Same with the losi I like it agile and light.. 👍

Well had the tarmac ripping db pro out, man this thing flies with the 17t pinion in! Ran a full pack through it and the motor didn't get even warm to touch 👍 them fans move some serious air..
I need to get new batteries in my temp gun🤷‍♂️ but happy enough the motor and esc were only warm..
Turns on a dime with the 35kg servo and hoons on, few small jumps over the speed bumps in the road and the handling is insane! I love this truck 😎

Well had the tarmac ripping db pro out, man this thing flies with the 17t pinion in! Ran a full pack through it and the motor didn't get even warm to touch 👍 them fans move some serious air..
I need to get new batteries in my temp gun🤷‍♂️ but happy enough the motor and esc were only warm..
Turns on a dime with the 35kg servo and hoons on, few small jumps over the speed bumps in the road and the handling is insane! I love this truck 😎
Totally agree I had a fan on the stock motor late so I learned the hard way that was with a 15T so being on 17T is sweet!

Good bash...

As you bash it, keep an eye on the dog bones and cups they are soft. Deep in this thread you see most all us went with Tekno and I tried the Losi HD drives but I needed to change them going to Tekno.

Don't buy any if ever needed I still have the upgraded Losi HD not being used.

Totally agree I had a fan on the stock motor late so I learned the hard way that was with a 15T so being on 17T is sweet!

Good bash...

As you bash it, keep an eye on the dog bones and cups they are soft. Deep in this thread you see most all us went with Tekno and I tried the Losi HD drives but I needed to change them going to Tekno.

Don't buy any if ever needed I still have the upgraded Losi HD not being used.
Yeah I'm happy with the temps although I will check with the temp gun next time out just to be sure and also run the 2nd pack through..

Yeah I have seen the problems with the drive train, not had any issues on mine yet, although I'm only around 10/11 packs in but I'll keep an eye on it from here on..

Did you go tekno outdrive cups and dog bones? I'm guessing they won't fit the losi cups?

Yeah I'm happy with the temps although I will check with the temp gun next time out just to be sure and also run the 2nd pack through..

Yeah I have seen the problems with the drive train, not had any issues on mine yet, although I'm only around 10/11 packs in but I'll keep an eye on it from here on..

Did you go tekno outdrive cups and dog bones? I'm guessing they won't fit the losi cups?
Correct. When going with the Tekno their design does not cross over with the Losi parts. So that meant I needed to replace the front and rear driveshafts as well.

Correct. When going with the Tekno their design does not cross over with the Losi parts. So that meant I needed to replace the front and rear driveshafts as well.
Diggin this build!
I have the Lasernut which is pretty much the same and I have Tekno driveline as research shown the driveline to be weak for 4s but have been lucky so far. Tekno parts on standby.

Upgraded the Firma 130A to 1.67 firmware and the delay when starting the rig and waiting for the 4S to steer is now gone. Sometimes I had to wait too long for it to engage.

1652548759506.png
IMG_1958.jpeg
Just thought i'd share my build too. I want to keep it light weight and track purposed. instead of gunning up to 4s i decided to keep it on 2s with a nice 550 sensored sensored system out of the sct410.3 which i sold. ended up cutting t2t brace because its always in the way and it very flexible so i'm not even sure how stiffness/support it even added. also swapped my battery and esc location to add weight up front and because i don't have any spare wire to extend the ESC wires. I installed MIP 17mm hex adaptors for their slash 4x4 axles and they fit perfectly on the stock stub axle pin. Also got HPI D8 shocks and man that's my favourite upgrade, now the truck won't bottom out from a 3 inch drop test. The shocks are way longer and just fit, was wondering if losi eight shock towers would fit to accommodate the extra travel because right now it like a truggy. Also have all tekno axles and TLR center shafts and steering rack along with 15 degree hubs and arms.

On my last run something in the drive line gave out, all 4 wheels will spin in the air but as soon as it's on the ground it becomes front wheel drive, i took apart the center diff and it was fine so not sure what it is. I took out the rear diff and it look ok (never look at the internals tho)

View attachment 217543View attachment 217549Just thought i'd share my build too. I want to keep it light weight and track purposed. instead of gunning up to 4s i decided to keep it on 2s with a nice 550 sensored sensored system out of the sct410.3 which i sold. ended up cutting t2t brace because its always in the way and it very flexible so i'm not even sure how stiffness/support it even added. also swapped my battery and esc location to add weight up front and because i don't have any spare wire to extend the ESC wires. I installed MIP 17mm hex adaptors for their slash 4x4 axles and they fit perfectly on the stock stub axle pin. Also got HPI D8 shocks and man that's my favourite upgrade, now the truck won't bottom out from a 3 inch drop test. The shocks are way longer and just fit, was wondering if losi eight shock towers would fit to accommodate the extra travel because right now it like a truggy. Also have all tekno axles and TLR center shafts and steering rack along with 15 degree hubs and arms.

On my last run something in the drive line gave out, all 4 wheels will spin in the air but as soon as it's on the ground it becomes front wheel drive, i took apart the center diff and it was fine so not sure what it is. I took out the rear diff and it look ok (never look at the internals tho)

Love the upgrades and the changes. The Losi DB is a fun rig I keep mine at 3S and build to balance temps for me.

In the beginning, I had a hell of a time with the internal diff gears. The planetary gears and the internal crown gears just did not have good mesh. I had a similar gear issue. I agree to open the diff and check the gear teeth none are chipped and the mesh is good.

Love the upgrades and the changes. The Losi DB is a fun rig I keep mine at 3S and build to balance temps for me.

In the beginning, I had a hell of a time with the internal diff gears. The planetary gears and the internal crown gears just did not have good mesh. I had a similar gear issue. I agree to open the diff and check the gear teeth none are chipped and the mesh is good.

Hmm, would that be the center diff then which has the bad mesh? such a pain getting into the rear diff. I also am really liking the idea of putting a losi eight e body on it and removing all that weight from the stock body and roll cage, any other weight saving ideas out there?

Hmm, would that be the center diff then which has the bad mesh? such a pain getting into the rear diff. I also am really liking the idea of putting a losi eight e body on it and removing all that weight from the stock body and roll cage, any other weight saving ideas out there?
For me, it was my rear diff and the internal crown gear was eaten up. I agree the rear is a pain to get to.

Do you know of any other motor mounts that fit the losi?
I've wondered the same question but I do not know yet. I'm disappointed that this Losi and a great RC sold by Horizon but we have little feedback/post on it. YT the owners really like them. I do not get much response on this rig for questions like that here. Sure someone knows but I have not found the answer

I've wondered the same question but I do not know yet. I'm disappointed that this Losi and a great RC sold by Horizon but we have little feedback/post on it. YT the owners really like them. I do not get much response on this rig for questions like that here. Sure someone knows but I have not found the answer
All good, any questions just post em up! will answer to the best of my ability.

almost wondering if this will fit with slight mods

https://www.ebay.com/p/1900280077

Last edited:
Hey guys was wondering what all is needed to convert a TT to a DB

From what I read it’s just the body mounts and body?

Thanks

Mainly body mounts and body/cage. Db also has different front bumper and no rear bumper.

Mainly body mounts and body/cage. Db also has different front bumper and no rear bumper.
Thanks

I can’t seem to find them the body mounts on Jenny’s
I’m Wondering if they are attached to the body set they sell

Back