The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the stock ESC 150 amp?

Think its 130
Couple pics for size reference.

IMG_1019 (1).JPG
IMG_1020.JPG

I think the diffs should hold but the stock outdrives are gonna get shredded, mine were pretty worn out after about 20 packs, I’ve just installed the hardened ones but haven’t got the chance to test them yet, waiting on parts-this damn Coronavirus is making shipping so slow?

The outdrives are cheap and wear really fast? I don't believe you. They make better outdrives? Are you sure? :unsure:

Last edited:
Got a few more things installed. The new motor mount feels like 1/2 the weight as the stock one, very nice piece. I dremeled the slot, it does fit a 19T pinion perfectly. I could probably get a 20T in there but that would be cutting it close material wise. Added some aluminum on the front corners and the chassis braces. Still waiting on a few more parts.

IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
12.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG

Got a few more things installed. The new motor mount feels like 1/2 the weight as the stock one, very nice piece. I dremeled the slot, it does fit a 19T pinion perfectly. I could probably get a 20T in there but that would be cutting it close material wise. Added some aluminum on the front corners and the chassis braces. Still waiting on a few more parts.

View attachment 71651View attachment 71652View attachment 71653View attachment 71654View attachment 71655
That stuff looks real nice ? how much was it all?

Lol, never mind then. I’m on a not ordering stuff streak and this thread ain’t helping?whatever it is in US dollars double it and add some then you’ve got how much I’d have to pay-and then wait 3 weeks for it to ship?

Its no secrete..

Lets see here. Cost of the buggy: 429
Spindle 34.99
Rear brace 14.99
Front brace 19.99
More 6.5mm bullets 8.99
HR pinion 8.99
16-17-18-19 pinion set 15.99
Futaba RX 56.99
Motor ESC 180
Odds and ends 20 ish..
HR spur gear 26.99
Both out drive sets 32
Aluminum motor mount 12ish

So about $850 ish.. Too much..

Last edited:
Just a couple more shots, I'm done with this. Have the drive cups on order, will install them when the stock ones break.

First shot are the spacers I used to raise the diff case for the motor to clear the chassis.

IMG_1032.JPG

Next up, I ended up going 21T pinion with the HR steel 40T spur. You can also see a spacer.

IMG_1033.JPG

Next up I used some more spacers on the rear arms, too much play. I hate play..

IMG_1031.JPG

Next up a 4s shot. Runs like it should! I took the screws out of the top of the diff to check if anything moved or twisted up before reinstalling them for the next few pics. Installed the cap pack that came with the ESC/Motor.

IMG_1030.JPG

Other side.

IMG_1035.JPG

Finally speed. I couldn't open it all the up all the way, its wet out and this this thing was nuttier than squirrel poop ... She had plenty more! The motor temps were 129 and the ESC was at 94 after a full 4s pack of trying to do speed runs while skating on wet pavement.

IMG_1034.JPG

All in all I love this buggy. I know some might think that using spacers under the diff and motor place is Mickey Mouse, I wouldn't drive this thing if I thought it wasn't solid. Would I build one of these again just like this one? Absolutely!

Thanks for letting me use your thread for these pics! ;)

Its no secrete..

Lets see here. Cost of the buggy: 429
Spindle 34.99
Rear brace 14.99
Front brace 19.99
More 6.5mm bullets 8.99
HR pinion 8.99
16-17-18-19 pinion set 15.99
Futaba RX 56.99
Motor ESC 180
Odds and ends 20 ish..
HR spur gear 26.99
Both out drive sets 32
Aluminum motor mount 12ish

So about $850 ish.. Too much..
Eh, I’ve got about 1300dollars in my DB here in New Zealand with our nzd dollars?‍♂️ Which would equal around 600 if I lived in the states?
Car=950
Heatsink+fan+steering rack bearings=50
Upgraded outdrives=150
Radio box+skid plates=50
Diff case set and diff oil=100
You lucky mother truckers livin In the states! Oh and my 2000 dollar granite project. ?‍♂️?????

Last edited:
Eh, I’ve got about 1300dollars in my DB here in New Zealand with our nzd dollars
Car=950
Upgraded outdrives=150
Radio box+skid plates=50
You lucky mother truckers livin In the states! Oh and my 2000 dollar granite project. ?‍♂️

It never ends. Turns out I'm not quite done yet. New totals soon lol..

Here is my DB setup. Had to move some stuff around due to short cables.
6EBDEF00-E57F-4EC9-BE78-0B53ACEEA450.jpeg

Also a video of the return of Losi after being out for the count for quite a while. My K8S definitely puts her on the sidelines for sure.

Eh, I’ve got about 1300dollars in my DB here in New Zealand with our nzd dollars?‍♂️ Which would equal around 600 if I lived in the states?
Car=950
Upgraded outdrives=150
Radio box+skid plates=50
You lucky mother truckers livin In the states! Oh and my 2000 dollar granite project. ?‍♂️?????
I’ve got a little over a 1000$ in mine??‍♂️

Back