The unofficial Losi Tenacity DB Pro thread by Alex.M. and slick2500.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any great tire and wheel combos anyone can share?
I like the badlands Mx 2.2 sct. I glued um on losi short course rims with fake bead lock. it helps protect the tire at the glue seam
1585684118543.jpeg

I have some duratrax buggy wheels on the way. I let you know how they do

I like the badlands Mx 2.2 sct. I glued um on losi short course rims with fake bead lock. it helps protect the tire at the glue seamView attachment 72509
I have some duratrax buggy wheels on the way. I let you know how they do

I was thinking about doing the 17mm conversion and running 1/8 badland pre-mounts. Stock tires are 117mm height, so are the 1/8th's..

I was thinking about doing the 17mm conversion and running 1/8 badland pre-mounts. Stock tires are 117mm height, so are the 1/8th's..
I got the 17 mm conversion coming. For the duratrax I’m gonna try um if I don’t like um I’m oonly out 45$ instead of 80 on prolines
1585690656951.png

I removed the light bar and cleaned up the wires, I hate wires.. I'm using industrial strength Velcro to hold the packs down. Them mutha scratchers don't want to come out either.. I have to use a flat head wrapped in electrical tape to pry them out.. :LOL: I have a heat sink on order with a fan, got that mill up to 180 today on 4s.

IMG_0890.JPG

I can vouch for the Lockups. They have tons of traction just about anywhere. My Typhon 3S used to wear them and it was a rocket on 4S with them.

?? I got a 19t coming and a hot racing metal spur. I’m running blx 2200kv 4s
What RC is that motor from? Didn’t know they made a BLX 2200kv. Maybe the 2400kv? Or is this an older motor?

What RC is that motor from? Didn’t know they made a BLX 2200kv. Maybe the 2400kv? Or is this an older motor?
Yeah maybe it is a 2400. Whatever comes in the 4s line up
Yup 2400
I did the HR spur, very nice! Sounds like an 1/8 lol..
You have the TT pro right? Did you change out the CD out drives?
Yeah tt pro. No not yet just got them today
1585789808913.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah tt pro. No not yet just got them today
View attachment 72713

Yeah amain shipped me the tt pro CD OD'd. Like an idiot, I got all excited for a next day project. Opened up all the bags, got all the parts ready for my big day at the bench for an hour or so on Monday, threw out all the packages away for garbage night Sunday evening and BAM! Didn't fit come Monday.. Now I'm sitting on a pair of light paper weights..

This is gonna be my review of the losi Db pro, my journey with this truck started late January so I’ve had it a few months and ran upwards of 60+ packs through it. I’ve only been running 2s through the lil guy to keep him lightweight and plus, it’s plenty quick on 2s for where I run. I’ll start off with the mods/upgrades I’ve made to my Db pro.

Replaced the bushings in the steering rack for bearings, reglued the tires, installed yeah racing fans on the motor and esc. Added the tenacity receiver box, installed new servo and insert, rpm skidplates, custom rear mudguards, installed hardened losi diff out drives and swapped diff oil to F-7k C-7k R-5k.
These upgrades have made this a solid little truck, some of them won’t be needed depending on where you drive.

Next are the cons.
Stock diff outdrives, mine were pretty warn out after around 20 packs, I’ve since installed hardened ones and they have hardly any wear after 40+ packs. Good upgraded in my opinion.

Tyres coming unglued, buy some glue and run a bead around edge of the tire-problem solved.

Servo/insert, the stock Db pro servo sucks so I replaced it with a better one, a standard 25t servo only to find the stock servo is a 23t spline and the servo horn doesn’t fit. Inside the servo horn is a little metal insert which can be replaced with a 25t, however the 25t isn’t included in the box. Either buy a 25t horn or new insert.

Bushings, in the steering rack are bushings, replace with some bearings and your good to go.

These were the only cons I’ve found with my Db pro. Next are assembly defects/mistakes.
Tyres coming unglued
Stripped thread in bulkhead, the rear bulk head was stripped, the screw was only just holding on.
Diffs under filled with oil. All three diffs were underfilled.
These things may have only happened to my car, so take thistle section with a grain of salt.

Next up are the pros,
Durability, for what this truck is it is quite durable. With my driving (mid sized jumps over rough terrain ect..) I haven’t actually broken the truck, just bent a rear turnbuckle (hammered straight).

Looks, need I say more.

Handling, truck handles great. It flies dead as an arrow and smooth-it puts itself in auto pilot and lands perfect every time! on the ground it handlings like it’s on rails. It’s fun as hell to drive and jump around. My fav 1/10.

Quality, the build quality is top notch. It kicks the ass of the arrma 3s/4s line.

Electronics, the stock motor and esc deliver the power smoothly and run cool. The receiver it comes with is also top notch, even though I don’t use avc or smart tech. Radio, it’s actually usable unlike the ones that currently come with arrma currently.

Bearings/driveline, it is all metal diffs, outputs, driveshafts ect. The centre diff is a great addition as well.
It also has rubber sealed bearings all around which I’ve found to hold up nicely.

Price, some may disagree but for what your getting the price is very fair. It’s 30$ more than the arrma 4s line and as it should be, by the time you upgrad the 3s 4s line you’d probably be in it more than a Db pro anyway. Plus, you’d still be lacking a centre diff, alloy chassis, shock tower s and the build quality of a losi.

Chassis, the stock chassis is 6061 aluminium which isn’t as good as 7075 but it’s nicely made and doesn’t have issues bending like the arrma 6s line. I got some skid plates to stop it getting all scratched up.

Final thoughts, would I buy this truck again? Yes, it’s great fun to drive around and do some general bashing with.
No you can’t send 20 metres high and do huge crazy jumps like a modded arrma 6s. And you don’t need to. It’s fun to drift around on the grass or jump it around at the BMX track, just don’t go to crazy. Overall it’s a great truck and with a few little tweaks it’s a killer rig. It has quickly become my favourite 1/10 truck and has earned a permanent spot in fleet. This review was just my opinion and feel free to give your own review of this truck too. Don’t go full keyboard warrior on me telling me I’m wrong either, this is just my opinion.
And thanks to @WoodiE as well for letting me run this thread even though this is an arrma forum, top bloke?
Check out some of the other forums he runs as well, the official Losi Db pro thread is over on rc talk too.
Thanks for your time- Alex

Yeah amain shipped me the tt pro CD OD'd. Like an idiot, I got all excited for a next day project. Opened up all the bags, got all the parts ready for my big day at the bench for an hour or so on Monday, threw out all the packages away for garbage night Sunday evening and BAM! Didn't fit come Monday.. Now I'm sitting on a pair of light paper weights..
The tt pro is the same as the dB pro just different body and bumpers. What didn’t fit?

Back