Kraton The way it should have come

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
  13. Typhon 6s
Outcast 4s wheels and tires.
BC54055E-3076-4B97-85EE-2DD160BEAA26.jpeg

This may sound retarded... but those are 17mm hex, right? How far offset are they? Do you happen to have one off the truck and a photo of the back of it?

Wouldn't mind trying a set of those or the 4s kraton wheels/tires on my stampede, but it needs the hex to almost be flush with the back of the wheel, or stuff rubs.

I have a set of the Outcast 4S tires on my Kraton 4S, but oddly enough the more I run the Minokawas, the less they seem to suck. On loose, dusty dirt, I think traction is actually close.

I agree, and can say the same for V3 Kratons.

This may sound retarded... but those are 17mm hex, right? How far offset are they? Do you happen to have one off the truck and a photo of the back of it?

Wouldn't mind trying a set of those or the 4s kraton wheels/tires on my stampede, but it needs the hex to almost be flush with the back of the wheel, or stuff rubs.
Yes they are 17. Same offset as the stock wheels. I don't have a pic of the back off the truck. Purchased from Jennysrc. Im not goinf to take the wheel off but I will get you the best picture i can of the back of the wheel.
image.jpg

Yes they are 17. Same offset as the stock wheels. I don't have a pic of the back off the truck. Purchased from Jennysrc. Im not goinf to take the wheel off but I will get you the best picture i can of the back of the wheel.
View attachment 51454
Thanks. Rules them out. :(

Was hoping for a decent set of cheap tires/wheels for it.

Thanks. Rules them out. :(

Was hoping for a decent set of cheap tires/wheels for it.

They are very deeply offset. I would say 45-50mm.

1571709845529.png

I have a set of the Outcast 4S tires on my Kraton 4S, but oddly enough the more I run the Minokawas, the less they seem to suck. On loose, dusty dirt, I think traction is actually close.

On the Talion the LP Minokawa are my new favorites. At least on the surfaces I run.

View attachment 51466

On the Talion the LP Minokawa are my new favorites. At least on the surfaces I run.
Is that all road? Because on anything resembling dirt the Katars are a million times better ?

View attachment 51466

With RC tires, "offset wheels" is how far the face of the hex is away from the front of the tire. Those appear to be pretty close to zero 0 offset, like the outcast 6S wheels. I think the kraton 6S were 1/4"-1/2" offset with the hub closer to the center line of the wheel.

You can kind of see how far in the hex is here in my stampede wheels:
2019-0331-Stampede-HotRacingSideTires.jpg

With RC tires, "offset wheels" is how far the face of the hex is away from the front of the tire. Those appear to be pretty close to zero 0 offset, like the outcast 6S wheels. I think the kraton 6S were 1/4"-1/2" offset with the hub closer to the center line of the wheel.

You can kind of see how far in the hex is here in my stampede wheels:
2019-0331-Stampede-HotRacingSideTires.jpg

Whatever the semantic mistake I've made, the hub is deep into the wheel. You can see by the photo I posted to try and help. I'm assuming still that the Backflip LP wont work?
Edit: deep from the chassis to the wheel hub and nut.

IMO, the Minokawas are designed for tarmac and fine, fairly smooth dirt. On bumpy or rocky dirt, rough grass, and gravel the big lugs of the Backflips work better.

IMO, the Minokawas are designed for tarmac and fine, fairly smooth dirt. On bumpy or rocky dirt, rough grass, and gravel the big lugs of the Backflips work better.
JFC now I have to buy a set of Minos ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Why would the v3 Kraton be expected to run prioritizing tarmac and smooth dirt? Seems awfully short sighted of Arrma on their most popular vehicle.

Why would the v3 Kraton be expected to run prioritizing tarmac and smooth dirt? Seems awfully short sighted of Arrma on their most popular vehicle.
That's a great question but when I bought my V3 Kraton in July 2018, almost everyone said that the tires blew and in my opinion they were right. The tires on the V3 Typhon were not good either. When Arrma came out with the V4's, they changed the tires on those two rigs. It seems like they knew how unpopular they were.

That's a great question but when I bought my V3 Kraton in July 2018, almost everyone said that the tires blew and in my opinion they were right. The tires on the V3 Typhon were not good either. When Arrma came out with the V4's, they changed the tires on those two rigs. It seems like they knew how unpopular they were.

The current meta has influence over everything. I jump my Talion and have cracked 3ea Katar wheels. In fact most of the costs associated with breaks have been those wheels. Sure I like the tread but I like the way I have full control on Minokawa and don't worry about landing jumps and hitting roots. I have so many different tires and wheels and I like the Minokawa on the Talion most so far. Is it because they are new? Maybe but it isn't because I need to do what the next guys does.

The current meta has influence over everything. I jump my Talion and have cracked 3ea Katar wheels. In fact most of the costs associated with breaks have been those wheels. Sure I like the tread but I like the way I have full control on Minokawa and don't worry about landing jumps and hitting roots. I have so many different tires and wheels and I like the Minokawa on the Talion most so far. Is it because they are new? Maybe but it isn't because I need to do what the next guys does.
Can you get the chassis bottom to touch the ground with the larger tires on a Talion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back