Kraton The way it should have come

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get the chassis bottom to touch the ground with the larger tires on a Talion?

The tires are only 10mm taller from bottom to top so 5mm considering the radius. Also only just about 2oz heavier. These are the Low Profile Minokawa. It jumps and the chassis hits the ground

I measure exactly the same height as the Low Profile Backflips and the Backflip LP is 2 oz heavier.

They're right between the Backflip LP and Katar in weight which is exactly what I wanted.

Why would the v3 Kraton be expected to run prioritizing tarmac and smooth dirt? Seems awfully short sighted of Arrma on their most popular vehicle.

Sorry I should have said they "work better" on tarmac and smooth dirt, I have no idea who designed them or why they did. The guy (or gal) could have been high for all I know. :)

That said, my Kraton 4S is marketed as a speed monster truck, so a flat surface-biased tire makes sense to me.

Sorry I should have said they "work better" on tarmac and smooth dirt, I have no idea who designed them or why they did. The guy (or gal) could have been high for all I know. :)

That said, my Kraton 4S is marketed as a speed monster truck, so a flat surface-biased tire makes sense to me.

I'll go outside of the fence and make some video of why I like em. If I edit it without losing patience tonight I'll put it up.

I misunderstood and thought you were running the full size Minokawas like others have. I'm looking forward to the video.

I misunderstood and thought you were running the full size Minokawas like others have. I'm looking forward to the video.

My main objective is to make sure that no matter what change for wheels and tires on the Talion, I want it to still behave like a Talion. I know others have run full size Backflips and they were popular for a while but to me it changes it too much. I want the truck to be light and hunkered down and nimble.

Not much to worry about unless we do something wild and ill proportioned. Just send it.
If the chassis can't touch the ground on full shock compression then there is a very good chance you will break your standoffs, shocks or A-arms upon landing a jump.

If the chassis can't touch the ground on full shock compression then there is a very good chance you will break your standoffs, shocks or A-arms upon landing a jump.
Yep. Have done that on my jato, stampede, revo, savage's... I'm a slow learner. On the jato and revo, I broke shock ends, push rod ends and shocks. On the stampede, I broke shock ends and axle carriers. On the savage, I busted shock caps, shock ends and cracked wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back