Kraton The Wheels! Someone comment about the wheels please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevBar40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I love that the V4 Kraton is out and that many of you have purchased this fine vehicle. I’ve been following all of the threads but have noticed very little have said anything about the Copperhead 2 wheels that is comes with. Everything seems to be focused on the radio giving issues.
I own a V2 and will not be purchasing another Kraton. I’m happy with what I have.
I’ve got my lhs ordering backflips but am hesitant to purchase until I’ve found that this will still be an upgrade from the Copperhead 2s.
Anybody have both and can give some input? I appreciate you guys. Thanks

go with badlands 3.8....the backflips are too big imo.
Appreciate the response. Proline makes an excellent rubber compound. Unfortunately I have decided against them for a 6S vehicle. Personally preference I guess. I don’t want to mess with wrapping them with line and such. I’m strictly looking for a comparison of the backflips and copperhead 2 tires.

I was going to say from the consensus on the bookface they are much better than the Minnekawas.
To be completely honest I was not impressed with the quality of the Backflips tires, first 6s pack one of the tires ripped down the sidewall, and a second tore down the middle and tossed the foam.

I have 3 sets of Backflips (soon to be 4 ;)). They are no nonsense tires that require a few runs to break in. I've vented all of them & the set from my 1st V1 Outcast is still going strong. I had to apply a little glue here & there but I haven't had any ruptures or full bead regluing.

I was going to say from the consensus on the bookface they are much better than the Minnekawas.
To be completely honest I was not impressed with the quality of the Backflips tires, first 6s pack one of the tires ripped down the sidewall, and a second tore down the middle and tossed the foam.

I kind of agree.. I had my first set on the outcast and recently got a second pair and had to reglue and ripped sidewall on 2 i think... They are just too big and bubbly.. doesn't suit the things i do with my trucks... Im about to put katars on all my trucks and call it a day if i don't like the badlands...

Ripping through the park is the majority of my bash sessions. I will definitely keep in mind that they may need some extra glue before I go all out.
I have the minokawas for street and neighborhood fun. Those copperhead 2s look like a good all around tire though

This confuses me. My wife has 3.8 Badlands on her Kraton and I have the Backflips on mind and her Badlands are right much wider and heavier than mine.
He is talking about the OG badlands. U have the MX38 badlands.

I cannot comment compared to anything older since this is my first Arrma being a v4 model, but I would agree that the tires are great all around. They do much better in the grass and dirt, but based on the tread pattern that is expected. I have owned other tires on an X-Maxx and think these copperhead tires are better than the MX48s and 1/5 rovan/hostile's that I had on it.

The on-road grip isn't amazing, but plenty good (still can wheelie)
It has enough grip to accelerate and stop very well, but also enough slip that it will slide/drift versus rolling over which is always a good thing.
Not sure about wear/life yet since I have only put 3 packs through the RC.

-Liberty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back