The word from my LHS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcastblxnut

Send it...bend it...mend it🤪
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
So picking up some parts today. Started prying about new arrma stuff. X maxx killer on the way. Owner said he's seen to quick pics." It's a monster "was his words. Also said arrma has ALOT OF NEW STUFF ON THE WAY. Thats all I could get out of him. No pics nothing he said the rest is hush hush. ????

Forgot they said waiting on a few patents to go through for "A lot of other stuff". Come on arrma legal team
Doubt it's the legal team, patents can take 2+ years to process. They have to research it against all similar patents making sure it doesn't violate anything there, blueprints, yadda yadda yadda. That's why a lot of companies make something with the "pat. pending" badge cause they need to get it out in the market to recover their R&D costs.

I’ve feel like the only thing that could kill an xmaxx is the price of a vehicle the same size and durability accept for the little diffs. Maybe 300$+ less than an xmaxx.

I’ve feel like the only thing that could kill an xmaxx is the price of a vehicle the same size and durability accept for the little diffs. Maybe 300$+ less than an xmaxx.
What little diffs? I found the 8S Xmaxx has some stout differentials in it haven’t had a lick of problems and that truck takes the biggest beating from me. The kush drive of the 8s was well thought out. The only thing that will kill an Xmaxx your right is price point and equal durability at the least and better esc. It will have to be easy to work on as well. That’s something the Xmaxx has going for it. If they include that Spektrum radio that will be a flop. And forget about an aluminum chassis on this size rig unless it’s like double the thickness at least and well braced. I will definitely pick up an Arrma 8s offering Maxx size truck but I won’t ever be selling my Xmaxx haha it’s the one truck I can actually fully defend that Traxxas makes that is well sorted and built besides a junk esc and weak Spur and pinion. I run a max6 esc and it’s been just a beast of a truck

I agree it is a really nice truck. also the spektrum radios on the new Arrmas are a big flop it’s one of those things that makes hobbyists want to cry

;)
So picking up some parts today. Started prying about new arrma stuff. X maxx killer on the way. Owner said he's seen to quick pics." It's a monster "was his words. Also said arrma has ALOT OF NEW STUFF ON THE WAY. Thats all I could get out of him. No pics nothing he said the rest is hush hush. ????
Something in Short Course please !!!!

I'm not sure I'm too excited about a lot of new stuff being released. That might sound strange but the company really struggles with part support and my concern is that they release too much too quickly, just look at the 4S guys and the wait some of them have had to endure to replace broken parts. I'd also like to see some evidence of them working with the aftermarket community so that they are in a position to release hop up parts quicker than they do now....evidence the 3S range which has been out a while and aftermarket support is still lagging.

There is a reputational risk on the line. As mentioned the shift to the crappy specktrum was a fail and if they continue to release products with little or no part support when they are still playing catchup on currently lines, then they will really hurt. For mine, I'm already keeping one eye on HPI to see what they do next and their Vorza is on the list of potential new purchases in the future. Arrma is good, but IMO this year hasn't been stellar for them. They need to improve their walk before they run.....again my opinion

I'm not sure I'm too excited about a lot of new stuff being released. That might sound strange but the company really struggles with part support and my concern is that they release too much too quickly, just look at the 4S guys and the wait some of them have had to endure to replace broken parts. I'd also like to see some evidence of them working with the aftermarket community so that they are in a position to release hop up parts quicker than they do now....evidence the 3S range which has been out a while and aftermarket support is still lagging.

There is a reputational risk on the line. As mentioned the shift to the crappy specktrum was a fail and if they continue to release products with little or no part support when they are still playing catchup on currently lines, then they will really hurt. For mine, I'm already keeping one eye on HPI to see what they do next and their Vorza is on the list of potential new purchases in the future. Arrma is good, but IMO this year hasn't been stellar for them. They need to improve their walk before they run.....again my opinion
Not sure I would put too much in HPI, they were supposed to have this huge comeback in July 2017, but it never happened and a lot of their old products that were supposed to be released at that time are still listed as out of stock/discontinued all over the web. I'm still waiting for one of these to come back in stock https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-sa...ck-w-2.4ghz-radio-15cc-gaso-hpi109073/p297578 I feel I will be old and gray by the time that happens though. The Vorsa has been out of stock forever as well. The only place online that lists they "have" them is Active Powersports and we all know about those con artist.

-Edit- I just saw that RIPMAX no longer owns HPI and Maverick Racing(not like anybody cares about their HSP rebrands anyway), and they were recently sold to another company. Not sure if this is good or bad we will have to wait and see. Hopefully they do get better because that means I will still have spare parts for my D8T as the Vorza is basically a rtr buggy version and they share a ton of parts.

Last edited:
One can certainly dream, but to go $300 less would put the 1/6 scale 8S monster at around the same as the current 6S MTs...fantasy. my guess is it'll be $50 less than Xmaxx but far better design and component quality.

If you're after a Vorza I've seen a few down here.....that said my LHS had one last week but it is now gone
Not really I just need some of the parts from it for spares lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back