The word from my LHS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would really put Arrma somewhere Traxxas hasn't been able to stay established in is an actual 1/8th & 1/10th scale racing platforms, not bashers, racers that are rollers. I can't tell you how many times my Outcast has been mistaken for a Tekno ET48.4. They're so close already, just need to strip down the "bash" accessories, tighten up the steering w/ fully adjustable linkage. Add a 7075 chassis, and better bearings.

What would really put Arrma somewhere Traxxas hasn't been able to stay established in is an actual 1/8th & 1/10th scale racing platforms, not bashers, racers that are rollers. I can't tell you how many times my Outcast has been mistaken for a Tekno ET48.4. They're so close already, just need to strip down the "bash" accessories, tighten up the steering w/ fully adjustable linkage. Add a 7075 chassis, and better bearings.
I could see people mistaking the Outcast for a Tekno MT410, but an ET48.4? Really? Are the people mistaking them legally blind or do they just not know much about rc cars? Just based on the length alone I find it hard to believe that someone would get them confused.

I do agree though that some machined 7075 aluminum parts and better bearings would be sweet from the factory. Even if they are just offered as hop ups.

I could see people mistaking the Outcast for a Tekno MT410, but an ET48.4? Really? Are the people mistaking them legally blind or do they just not know much about rc cars? Just based on the length alone I find it hard to believe that someone would get them confused.

I do agree though that some machined 7075 aluminum parts and better bearings would be sweet from the factory. Even if they are just offered as hop ups.
The guy had an ET410 sitting right in front of him on his pit board, I was asking him questions & looking at his setup (really nice Tekin RX8/T8 combo), and when you see how small a Tekno 410 chassis is in person I understood why he thought it was a 48. I met someone else that traveled 3 hours to be at my home track that was running an Arrma. It was a Kraton with dish wheels, and holeshots. With a new body it looked like a Losi, but the Kraton wing was a dead giveaway. ?

The guy had an ET410 sitting right in front of him on his pit board, I was asking him questions & looking at his setup (really nice Tekin RX8/T8 combo), and when you see how small a Tekno 410 chassis is in person I understood why he thought it was a 48. I met someone else that traveled 3 hours to be at my home track that was running an Arrma. It was a Kraton with dish wheels, and holeshots. With a new body it looked like a Losi, but the Kraton wing was a dead giveaway. ?
Yeah the ET410 and EB410 are small but the EB48 is so long that I would never think that anyone would confuse it with and Outcast. Like I said I could see the MT410 get confused with it as dimensionally it is very close, but not the ET48. Just seems strange to me that someone could confuse those two.

The ET410 is one that I'm still kind of interested in except for the short batteries that it uses. I think there is an aftermarket chassis that uses normal batteries, so I would swap the chassis over to that.

How did the Kraton end up doing on the track?

Yeah the ET410 and EB410 are small but the EB48 is so long that I would never think that anyone would confuse it with and Outcast. Like I said I could see the MT410 get confused with it as dimensionally it is very close, but not the ET48. Just seems strange to me that someone could confuse those two.

The ET410 is one that I'm still kind of interested in except for the short batteries that it uses. I think there is an aftermarket chassis that uses normal batteries, so I would swap the chassis over to that.

How did the Kraton end up doing on the track?
It was Wednesday, so just practice day, it was actually running better than other more "race" oriented cars, but he was also just a better driver.

I actually just picked up an ET-410 last week after debating getting one since they came out last year, and hearing fantastic reviews about them from drivers, saying they're the most fun R/C they've driven. The only aftermarket chassis I've seen is the MIP one, which I heard might be going out of production, but not sure. I've also seen a custom one-off carbon chassis on the ET-410 Facebook page. I'm running the Protek 3-cell 4100mah LIHV pack in mine, which fits the relatively small battery tray perfect.

I actually just picked up an ET-410 last week after debating getting one since they came out last year, and hearing fantastic reviews about them from drivers, saying they're the most fun R/C they've driven. The only aftermarket chassis I've seen is the MIP one, which I heard might be going out of production, but not sure. I've also seen a custom one-off carbon chassis on the ET-410 Facebook page. I'm running the Protek 3-cell 4100mah LIHV pack in mine, which fits the relatively small battery tray perfect.
Yep, that's the chassis I was thinking of but it's not cheap. So by the time I would get the ET410 and the MIP chassis I would be at the price of the ET48. So I would just get that over the ET410.

Yep, that's the chassis I was thinking of but it's not cheap. So by the time I would get the ET410 and the MIP chassis I would be at the price of the ET48. So I would just get that over the ET410.
Yeah, the Tekno's expensive, that's why I put off getting the ET410 for so long. I've wanted the ET 48.3 for what seems like forever, but I can't justify spending around $600.00 for the kit.

Yea...maybe they should call them something like, I don't know, ...maybe- Team Durango!!

;)
I was browsing around the web the other day and I think it was Stormer Hobbies that still has some 1/10 Team Durango kits bnib. They also have a few 2018 Arrma 1/8th vehicles.

-edit- I lied they have 1 Team Durango https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/tdr102030.htm
5 blue 2018 Notorious' https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/ara106036.htm
2 Orange 2018 Outcasts https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/ara106033.htm
8 Red 2018 Kratons https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/ara106029.htm
11 Green 2018 Kratons https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/ara106031.htm
Get em while they last.

Last edited:
Bat-Tekno.jpg

Yeah, the Tekno's expensive, that's why I put off getting the ET410 for so long. I've wanted the ET 48.3 for what seems like forever, but I can't justify spending around $600.00 for the kit.

In reality, it can be the best $600 + you ever spent on RC because you can keep it forever and they last. They are almost fully modded from the box. I’ve done this math before, but a fully upgraded Kraton will actually run you more $ in the end and you will NEVER recoup your investment if you had to sell for any reason.
So picking up some parts today. Started prying about new arrma stuff. X maxx killer on the way. Owner said he's seen to quick pics." It's a monster "was his words. Also said arrma has ALOT OF NEW STUFF ON THE WAY. Thats all I could get out of him. No pics nothing he said the rest is hush hush. ????
Your LHS will also sell you the Brooklyn bridge and tell you that Santa does exist! Stop it, those dudes are flapping their gums, Arrma has not released any info period. Your LHS is just trying to seem like they are “insiders”.

The XMAXX is priced right, it’s not over priced it’s right in line with Losi big scales. I happen to really like mine, but mine is also heavily upgraded like joostins

Banggood.com recently had some NIB DNX8 kits for like $250. I almost got one just to see what parts would fit my Typhon.
I bought 2 of them. Basically, everything you think could fit will. The bulk of the parts are pre-assembled. Just throw all the nitro stuff in a pile & you need a chassis, center diff mount, servo mount, & maybe a front shock tower, top plate, & hinge pin braces. The included parts has plastic grommets that won't hold up well to bashing, being really stiff brittle plastic. But the quality of these parts are excellent - understatement of the year :ROFLMAO: The diffs appear like they could survive nuclear winter let alone a few powered landings.

In reality, it can be the best $600 + you ever spent on RC because you can keep it forever and they last. They are almost fully modded from the box. I’ve done this math before, but a fully upgraded Kraton will actually run you more $ in the end and you will NEVER recoup your investment if you had to sell for any reason.

Your LHS will also sell you the Brooklyn bridge and tell you that Santa does exist! Stop it, those dudes are flapping their gums, Arrma has not released any info period. Your LHS is just trying to seem like they are “insiders”.

The XMAXX is priced right, it’s not over priced it’s right in line with Losi big scales. I happen to really like mine, but mine is also heavily upgraded like joostins
This guy got it figured out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back