The You Tubes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Davinci Resolve 16 is an awesome free editing software with more features than you'll ever need.
I use Resolve as well, but I think it is a little intimidating for non techie types. A lot of what people accomplish in PD18 is a manual process in Resolve. That is unless you pay for plugins and templates.

I use Resolve as well, but I think it is a little intimidating for non techie types. A lot of what people accomplish in PD18 is a manual process in Resolve. That is unless you pay for plugins and templates.
That's true but once you figured it out it's really nice. And there are a lot of good tutorials on YT.

I figured the yearly was the way to go for all updates and versions.

Ok, so you didn't have to buy the lifetime too in order to use it. Looked like they wanted me to buy the product then pay 100 a year for the updates.

Thanks for the replies. She'll be looking into all of them.

Adobe elements premiere is a descent video editing software as well. Admittedly it does take sometime to get used to it, but the capabilities are almost endless.

Cyberlink Powerdirector really is one of the best recommendations. It is inexpensive compared to other paid programs and works great. Easy to understand user interface. "Just works." Additionally, keep an eye on the Humble Bundle as it comes up there occasionally, and can be as cheap as $10 for a new license.

I use Linux and MAC. They both have good editing software, and it never costs anything, unless you really want to pay for it. I don't do much video stuff, but i do do a lot of music, and engineering stuff, and they are both way better than anything window has ever done.

I use iMovie, but I'm getting to the point where I need something better. Will probably give DaVinci Resolve a try.

I use Linux and MAC. They both have good editing software, and it never costs anything, unless you really want to pay for it. I don't do much video stuff, but i do do a lot of music, and engineering stuff, and they are both way better than anything window has ever done.
I thought about tinkering with some linux editing software. I have ubuntu on an older low power laptop just to try it out vs W10. Had some teething issues getting it working (ubuntu didn't like the wireless card) and I haven't found a good "backup" software to mirror the drive like I do on my other 3 computers that have SSD's for the boot drive. I mirror/image them once a month in case they die.

Kind of cool to see that old machine boot up in about 10 seconds though, ubuntu on ssd is quick!

I thought about tinkering with some linux editing software. I have ubuntu on an older low power laptop just to try it out vs W10. Had some teething issues getting it working (ubuntu didn't like the wireless card) and I haven't found a good "backup" software to mirror the drive like I do on my other 3 computers that have SSD's for the boot drive. I mirror/image them once a month in case they die.

Kind of cool to see that old machine boot up in about 10 seconds though, ubuntu on ssd is quick!
There are actually quite a few good backup programs available, but, it depends on which version of Linux you are using. The following list works with Ubuntu 14 and higher, including the studio versions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem That page lists command line and GUI based backup programs. Honestly, i have never done a backup on my system, but that is because i don't have anything i couldn't afford to lose. Any pics i have are stored on a portable, as well as on a thumb drive, and everything else, if i lose it, its not that big a deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back