Granite There is hope! It's a long story!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asphaltlou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Voltage
So i purchased a Granite Voltage a few months back thinking this will be a fun RC to just run around in the house, since the Typhon isn't aloud to play in the house. After a few LiOn cells through it and breaking spur gears, outdrive cups and wheel nuts constantly flying off and trying one 2S Lipo pack!!!!!.....PPPFFFTTTT!! I had no hope for this thing, and have been on the verge of selling it. Well yesterday a friend of mine came over with his (cough) Traxxas 2wd Slash. He pushed me to bring the Granite outside, (after vowing only time it was going out the door was in a box to the next owner.) after 2 sets of LiOn cells and 1 2S lipo pack. I was speechless and have a new found respect for this lil monster truck. Not one issue. The funny part is my friend parked his Slash and started driving the Granite. He has RC racing experience and I admittedly am a hardcore rookie. My Typhon and I had to work to keep up with the Granite going roundy round. Yes I did catch him and pass, then screw up and start over. I couldn't believe it. But once we swapped and he drove the Typhon and me on the Granite. HA I suck!!!! I should say, watching him drive my Typhon was a treat as well. He loves his stadium trucks which is why he has a Senton on the way, no joke! LOL!!!! The best part of the day was him picking up the Granite, looking at it at eye level and then looking at me and saying,(referencing his Traxxas 2WD Slash).... "I bought a piece of sh!t". Go Pro footage soon to come!

Owning a few other brands of entry level trucks, I think out of the box this thing performs a lot better in almost every aspect.

Ashpaltlou, I'm glad you were able to see another side of the truck other than your first impressions. I feel like the Arrma Granite Voltage is about 85% of the way there. If they could just spend a little bit of time on revisions and updates, this thing would be an absolute gem of an entry-level or first time RC vehicle.

I haven't experienced the failures that some of the other folks on this forum have. But I can see where those failures would occur based on a couple of the design flaws.

Serbishop, I honestly can't believe how well this truck handles compared to just about any other rear motor 2 wheel drive monster truck I've had. For my needs, the stock power system (when run on a 2-cell lipo) is just right. No, it won't pull wheelies or do backflips but I don't think it was ever intended to.

In small driveways or tight backyard bashing areas it's hard to beat. As long as you don't need to get above 20 miles per hour or so and aren't trying to clear huge jumps, this thing is a total blast in my opinion. I just try to remain mindful about it not having a slipper system and therefore knowing that landing on power is asking for trouble. So, after about a dozen runs, I'm pleasantly surprised and happy. Time will tell if my attitude towards the truck changes.

Thumper01 my impressions on this thing has changed night and day. I love this truck. I have some acreage as well as my neighbors property. It had no troubles traveling back and forth.
(when run on a 2-cell lipo) is just right
And your quote is spot on, 2S lipo is just right.
And in the hands of an ex-rc racer it made a rookie running a Typhon on 4S look like a horrible rookie. We have a pretty big area to drive in, with one good banking on grass. My friend held the truck wide open all away around without getting out of control and handled the controlled drifting. I was impressed and embarrassed running with my Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back