Granite Thermal Cutoff Setting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
What temperature do you guys use for thermal cutoff/shutdown? I have mine set at 185. Too high?

Argh. I was Waiting for p32 mod but I guess there is no sense in doing it.. I don't seem to have spur gear issues but overheating is dull to have.

Is this ESC or motor temp?

For motors, 185f is getting into the danger zone. For ESC, I hear closer to 160f-150f is about as high as you want.

Motor temp. My motor hits 185 after about 10 minutes of use on 3s with the 1410-3800 motor and the 32p gearing .

Argh. I was Waiting for p32 mod but I guess there is no sense in doing it.. I don't seem to have spur gear issues but overheating is dull to have.

If you want to do the 32p mod, and avoid heat issues, get a 60t spur instead of the 56t-57t that most people use.

If you want to do the 32p mod, and avoid heat issues, get a 60t spur instead of the 56t-57t that most people use.

You think that would fit? It's pretty tight with a 57t.

If you convert the pitch, the stock 91t 48p is about 60.5t in 32p. Megasty has said he runs the HR 60t yeti spur in a few of his trucks.

91t, 48p = 1.895" dia.
60t, 32p = 1.875"
61t, 32p = 1.906"

What esc are you running?
This thread is 2 years old. I don't even have that truck any more. I don't even remember what ESC it was. Probably a Castle Mamba X.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back