Kraton Thermal paste

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Having a finned motor can, would putting thermal paste between a heat sink and the motor help heat move to the aluminum heat sink? Theoretically it would remove the air gaps between each fin and the heat sink

Having a finned motor can, would putting thermal paste between a heat sink and the motor help heat move to the aluminum heat sink? Theoretically it would remove the air gaps between each fin and the heat sink
Yes it should help get the heat to the heatsink better, but the bigger deal is getting the heat off the heatsink.

Try one of these under the heatsink, paired with a fan..less messy than paste ?
2C7C71E2-8B79-47DE-9437-F27381C15D0A.jpeg
12AF6482-CCCF-4750-847D-7279FC1BA9CF.jpeg

Correct, works fine!

Do you know the difference between with or without pad? Are we talking a noticable difference or just a couple degrees? I like the idea. Just curious how practical it is.

Yeah but it is highly malleable, sorta like playdough.
Correct. It fills in all the little cracks just like paste would but much easier to work with.

I would be interested to know the heat difference with and without, I bought some of that thermal sheet a while back but never got round to using it...?

I would be interested to know the heat difference with and without, I bought some of that thermal sheet a while back but never got round to using it...?
I noticed a significant difference after I installed the pad and twin YR fans. Should have done it in steps now that I think of it and taken some more scientific measurements for our more discerning peers! ?

My 4985 in redcat xbe seized up today, calling that in for warranty for sure
What were you doing when It did? My setup only has about 10 packs through it and I noticed it is getting slightly warmer every time.
Oh I can't wait lol. That setup has so much torque. 16t and punch 1 is what I run. It will clock at 57 mph. It still gets kinda warmer then I would like... 170 on motor after a 5000mah pack . I am looking forward to the info

What were you doing when It did? My setup only has about 10 packs through it and I noticed it is getting slightly warmer every time.

Oh I can't wait lol. That setup has so much torque. 16t and punch 1 is what I run. It will clock at 57 mph. It still gets kinda warmer then I would like... 170 on motor after a 5000mah pack . I am looking forward to the info
I run the Hobbywing C5 fan on mine with a 20t pinion, never cracks 120°F

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back