Thicker turnbuckle - Lunsford Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferreira&5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey guys, first post here. Got a Granite BLX for my son (and I ;) ), our first real RC car. We already had the stock turnbuckles break 2x. They are crap metal, don't even bend just shear.

SO, I got some Lunsford Racing turnbuckles that are 3.5mm (stock is 3mm) https://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/...=LUNS&Product_Code=LNS35072&Category_Code=MET and the matching ball cups, but silly me I didn't get the other end, the ball joint set I think it's called. Problem is I can't get stock ones because they need to accomodate the 3.5mm turnbuckle. Anyone try this before or able to point me toward 3.5mm ball joint/tie rod ends?

Attachments

• Arrma part.gif
    Arrma part.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 65
Wait I think he means the other end that connects near the front wheel. It's not a cup.

So I fixed this problem. I bought Lunsford Racing turnbuckles but I bought them in 3mm and reused the stock ballcups and the other end also. Stronger than ever!

So I fixed this problem. I bought Lunsford Racing turnbuckles but I bought them in 3mm and reused the stock ballcups and the other end also. Stronger than ever!

Thanks, that would work. I ended up grabbing some traxxas 4mm ones. They came with two captured ends, they don't use a ball cup. You can unsrew the ball on arrma grame and srew it tje through screw for the traxxas style.

If these break I might get lunsford 3mm ones. So far so good though, tje traxxas ones are definitely a better metal than the junk stock stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back