Thickest diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Outcast 6s
My dad wants to lock his diffs on his super rock rey. I couldn’t find any lockers for it so I figured we would just put extremely thick oil in it. Plz leave links to the thickest diff oil you know of or if possible, a locker compatible with the SRR. (I know it’s not a arrma but this is the only forum I know of that is active and a great groups of people?) thanks ARRMY

My dad wants to lock his diffs on his super rock rey. I couldn’t find any lockers for it so I figured we would just put extremely thick oil in it. Plz leave links to the thickest diff oil you know of or if possible, a locker compatible with the SRR. (I know it’s not a arrma but this is the only forum I know of that is active and a great groups of people?) thanks ARRMY

Somewhere in that Kraton 8s section I'm sure you'll find some super-thick diff fluid. ?

Someone makes 20M but you might as well save a few bucks and just grab some silicone ear plugs and jam them in there.

True. I've read that they're equal to 20m.
https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Pillow-Soft-Silicone-Earplugs/dp/B003LZQGN6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2SXO9MXBDT1AE&keywords=silicone+ear+plugs+for+sleeping&qid=1584406521&sprefix=silicon+ear,aps,164&sr=8-5

1584406659235.png

How do Ear plugs work? Where do you put them within the diffs? Would they wear the gears more than 20m?
Just fit in the amount needed. doesn't harm the diff and is basically silicon...just like diff fluid. Also probably easier to remove later to make another change. The best part is that they wont hurt your dad's diffs at all.
I've seen guys rig diffs with JBWeld but then they're like that forever. I wouldn't recommend this JBWeld unless you want permanently locked.

Just fit in the amount needed. doesn't harm the diff and is basically silicon...just like diff fluid. Also probably easier to remove later to make another change. The best part is that they wont hurt your dad's diffs at all.
I've seen guys rig diffs with JBWeld but then they're like that forever. I wouldn't recommend this JBWeld unless you want permanently locked.
What do you mean be fit in the amount needed? Do you have to cut the plug to fit it in or do you just squish it in there

What do you mean be fit in the amount needed? Do you have to cut the plug to fit it in or do you just squish it in there
Get it in there by any means necessary. Cutting it will get more in there first round. Most get as much in the case as possible, run a few packs, then shove more in.

Ear plugs are like putty they look so nice and satisfying when i saw those juicy ear plugs in the video above?
Idk why nobody did this to the kraton 8s yet?

I use the 20M traxxas stuff in my ERBEv2 center diff. It's like gel/puddy. I poke as much in it in the crevices as I could, then I warmed the diff case with a torch on low heat to get the stuff to soften/move around, then put in a bit more so it was up to the x-bars like normal. The first time I did it, I didn't get enough in and had to tear it back apart (which is a pain).

The diff cup on that is aluminum. I don't know what losi's is.

I use the 20M traxxas stuff in my ERBEv2 center diff. It's like gel/puddy. I poke as much in it in the crevices as I could, then I warmed the diff case with a torch on low heat to get the stuff to soften/move around, then put in a bit more so it was up to the x-bars like normal. The first time I did it, I didn't get enough in and had to tear it back apart (which is a pain).

The diff cup on that is aluminum. I don't know what losi's is.
Losi’s is a thick plastic cup with a metal cover/gears so I will either have to talk my dad into getting metal ones or just wait forever for the 20m to settle?

I've been using the Mack's Silicone ear plugs in the center diff on my friends Kraton 8S and my Losi 1/5th scales for a while now with fantastic results. Just a heads up, they do come in two different sizes that makes things a little more convenient(y).

Attachments

• 20200307_210314-1-1.jpg
    20200307_210314-1-1.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 70
I like to use silly puddy. It is easily squeezed into the corners and makes a tight fit. Comes out easily if you need to change bearings or other issues. The other plus is that I often have some extras for the kids!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back