Big Rock Things you need in order to do a 6s conversion on arrma 3s big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do i need a special motor mount? will the battery fit?
Some people even said that u should change the diffs and driveshafts, but is that really necessary?
The stock 6s motor is a direct fit. The esc won't fit without modification. I have 3d printed mounts to bolt a firma 160 or a blx 185 to the original spot. PM me if your interested. I would highly recommend upgrading the diffs and driveshafts, as they will break with 6s power.

I would go with hot racing metal diffs or the arrma cnc'd diffs.
I would go with the arrma cvd slider set for the driveshafts.
You may need to upgrade the spur gear to a hot racing metal one.

The stock 6s motor is a direct fit. The esc won't fit without modification. I have 3d printed mounts to bolt a firma 160 or a blx 185 to the original spot. PM me if your interested. I would highly recommend upgrading the diffs and driveshafts, as they will break with 6s power.

I would go with hot racing metal diffs or the arrma cnc'd diffs.
I would go with the arrma cvd slider set for the driveshafts.
You may need to upgrade the spur gear to a hot racing metal one.
GH, would your 3D printed one work to hold the new 150 amp Spektrum ESC on my Senton Mega Im converting to 6s ?

For bashing it is not worth it.
Thanks for the idea,now just need time to run cars

20210907_170050.jpg

Why not? Too many things to upgrade I guess.
Bye the time you upgrade all that,probly cost as much as a 6s ride.

I need to do that.

Hey, are those 6s shocks that don't have springs for sale?(if you have the springs for them)
Got lots of stuff I'd sell.jennyrc u can get new ones for 25ish $$$.I'll take some pics of my stuff layed out when I get time.let you younger guys have first dibs.

Thanks for the idea,now just need time to run cars

View attachment 168359

Bye the time you upgrade all that,probly cost as much as a 6s ride.
This. I'm not one to dash someone's upgrade plans, but it is easy to fall into the "upgraded moneypit". If you are replacing esc, motor, diffs, driveshafts, shocks, etc, you'd be better off just buying a 6s. You can always sell the 3s to recover some costs or keep it if your financial situation allows.

You can buy a ready to run for half the price it's going to cost you to make that truck reliable on 6s especially with the plastic difs. Have 90 hours on my big rock and a pile of parts that I have gone through and I run a 3050 KV with 120 amp esc on the 15 or 19, plenty fast. If you're looking for speed and you want to up your game try one of the new ready to run EXB,.

This. I'm not one to dash someone's upgrade plans, but it is easy to fall into the "upgraded moneypit". If you are replacing esc, motor, diffs, driveshafts, shocks, etc, you'd be better off just buying a 6s. You can always sell the 3s to recover some costs or keep it if your financial situation allows.
While this is true and is very very solid advice to someone who may not realize it, the opposite can also be true. Sometimes its just flat out fun to see how big you can go, and when parts break you fix them. Also sometimes you already have the bigger parts around and its fun to see what a lessor model becomes when throwing a soda can motor and supporting ESC in something.

But yes, overall I holistically agree with you, given the choice of spending 300 to upgrade a 300 dollar car, or buying a 600 dollar already factory spec upgraded car, the latter is the smarter play due to all of the other parts already upgraded to support more power.

^^^ This.
Depends what kind of rig you want. Stupid uncontrollable power? On a chassis that wasn't designed for close to 1 HP?
An inexpensive 6s Typhon may fit your bill better. Controllable power. Price wise. Buy hey its been done before. I just don't feel you should put all your apples in one basket alone, spending that much. Hey its your wallet. Just thinking out the box here. May be falling into a money trap here. IDK?

Back