Infraction Think I need to commit to an infraction, but I am already on the 8s path.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbenton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I started looking at the limitless but did not care for the open wheels for some reason. It just did not work for me. I know I could get a GT type body, and that may be what I end up doing, but I also like the handbrake rig on the infraction, looks fun, would be a new feature to try and play with.

Problem is, I am invested in 8s, and think I will just stay with it. So in an effort to keep with Spectrum hardware I am tempted to run the 160A ESC with the 1250KV motor in it, looks like it will all fit without getting away from that factory look. The setup runs great with plenty of torque in my Kraton 8s, so it is my main consideration.

tried to research on gearing for that sort of setup, but that is all over the place with people on speed runs, or getting things hot. My plan is simple, I want to be able to run a full pack and not roast things... and to be able to swap in a pinion that is more suited for drag racing if I do the Saturday thing around here.

I have the spektrum k8s system in my infraction. It’s fantastic for drifting around. I ran through my whole 4s smart batteries rippin around. This combo in this application sucks the juice tho. Only got about 15-20 min. Gearing was 46 spur 27t pinion.

I have the spektrum k8s system in my infraction. It’s fantastic for drifting around. I ran through my whole 4s smart batteries rippin around. This combo in this application sucks the juice tho. Only got about 15-20 min. Gearing was 46 spur 27t pinion.
15/20 minutes is not bad at all, I will have enough 4s lipos that are dedicated pairs to be more than fine. I assume it is real punchy with a lot of torque, which makes for fun driving in smaller areas.

15/20 minutes is not bad at all, I will have enough 4s lipos that are dedicated pairs to be more than fine. I assume it is real punchy with a lot of torque, which makes for fun driving in smaller areas.
Insane amounts of torque. Really need to warm the tires up for some solid hooning around.

How is that setup, KV/Gearing, and running habbits (speed runs, full packs, other)?
One word “FUN”.

I haven’t done much with it. Messed around with gearing etc, then Covid hot and haven’t touched it since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back