Typhon Think rpm will update thier arms for the new chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
Had a crack in the vertical wall of the chassis of the typhon which introduced some unwanted flex..

Swapped out to the newer v3 chassis and noticed not only is the hinge pin area shaped different but they increased the width of the arms in the pin area as well..

I just shimmed the arms so no big deal..

but do you think rpm will go through the tooling process all over again? I'm in the doubt it club..?

Are the arms actually different on the v3 cars? I could be wrong, but I recall seeing a video and someone notice the v3 cars have a much bigger gap in the hinge pin area with the a arms installed.

Are the arms actually different on the v3 cars? I could be wrong, but I recall seeing a video and someone notice the v3 cars have a much bigger gap in the hinge pin area with the a arms installed.

Yes..that is exactly what I was pointing out..?

No what I mean is the a arms on the v3 are same as the V2 models, but for some reason the v3 chassis have a bigger gap for the a arms, which leaves a gap.

No what I mean is the a arms on the v3 are same as the V2 models, but for some reason the v3 chassis have a bigger gap for the a arms, which leaves a gap.

Ok now im curious, anyone with a v3 have pictures they can share? I was under the assumption the arms had been changed..?‍♂️

Ok now im curious, anyone with a v3 have pictures they can share? I was under the assumption the arms had been changed..?‍♂️

Here's an older Typhon ( #ARA102722) compared to a V3 BRCC (which uses Typhon arms). Looks like the arms are the same (confirmed with caliper measurements) and the gap is present on the new V3 chassis.

Typhon:
97D71BBA-4A6E-4242-932C-A3D715BD924E.jpeg

BRCC V3:
B3245B57-F648-4B56-934A-B0A9EABDF2F7.jpeg

Interesting, maybe it's a preparation for the updated 4s cars? which will come with more material in the a-arms

Maybe...

The 4s line could really use it's own chassis. I've seen so many pictures of them blown right up. That kind of power is pushing the 3s chassis to its limit, and the vehicles are more than capable of breaking themselves in "minor" "accidents". They could at least separate the front and rear bulkheads to save on repair work. Or just put a metal spine through the belly like the WLToys and the other knock-off brands do.

Here's an older Typhon ( #ARA102722) compared to a V3 BRCC (which uses Typhon arms). Looks like the arms are the same (confirmed with caliper measurements) and the gap is present on the new V3 chassis.

Typhon:
View attachment 104519

BRCC V3:
View attachment 104520

Thank you for posting those pictures.. it will help clear things up..?.. it certainly did for me..✌
Maybe put some heat resistant o'rings in there
Or make some brass sleaves

I just used some 6s caster shims..?.. but yes orings would work as well..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back