Thinking about a Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s my favorite RC. A super high quality monster truck that actually handles well. There’s nothing else like it.

I like to run it on 6S with backflip LP tires. Castle MMX(6) ESC. Hobbystar 1350kv motor. 4ah battery.

The only upgrade it needs is tower to tower bracing. Otherwise the chassis flexes and bends the center driveshaft. M2C makes a good set but it’s a little pricey.

It’s my favorite RC. A super high quality monster truck that actually handles well. There’s nothing else like it.

I like to run it on 6S with backflip LP tires. Castle MMX(6) ESC. Hobbystar 1350kv motor. 4ah battery.

The only upgrade it needs is tower to tower bracing. Otherwise the chassis flexes and bends the center driveshaft. M2C makes a good set but it’s a little pricey.
Thanks, that’s the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I may pull the trigger on this soon.

I'm curious ,what exact dimension does the tower to tower center brace need to be?

I have an MT410 I recently built. Once I drove it, I was hooked. The handling is sooo good, and it's relatively lightweight so it's very nimble. Can't speak to durability as I haven't beat on it enough yet. FWIW, my MT410 with a heavy max8 g2 and 4278 motor, a few key M2c parts (to keep weight down), and a TMT indestructible body weighs less than my completely stock Outcast 4s (both wearing Backflip LP tires).

The cost of the MT410 is more but it drives so nice, I love it. Now I'm wanting to build a long wheelbase version (MT410 kit with ET48.3 chassis, rear brace, and rear driveshaft). Wish I'd have went the Tekno route first rather than spending money on Arrma stuff (sorry Arrma guys).
2022-10-23 09.52.26.jpg

Been thinking about building one of these. Anybody have one, or have any experience with them? Are they pretty durable? Worth the money?
For sure, especially if still on sale!! Great rig for me. Not a hard basher myself but with some key upgrades it can be very stout.
I think for hard sends the M2C bracing is best, but I made my own t2t brace from a Limitless 6s stock piece..

Screenshot_20221028-091420_Samsung Internet.jpg

For sure, especially if still on sale!! Great rig for me. Not a hard basher myself but with some key upgrades it can be very stout.
I think for hard sends the M2C bracing is best, but I made my own t2t brace from a Limitless 6s stock piece..

View attachment 252658
Great idea!
I'm curious ,what exact dimension does the tower to tower center brace need to be?
It’s a little complicated. A regular T2T brace like @KnowAir mentioned probably helps a ton. But the M2C braces have a lot of attachment points, which could be important for really hard landings.

I circled the 4 pieces from M2C in the pic below. I’d be happy to measure any of them if you could use that info.

1666964786950.jpeg

Last edited:
My intention with the brace was aimed at helping keep the towers themselves straight primarily. The stock Tekno body mounts aren't the best IMO so I used some aluminum angle bolted directly to the towers via the shock standoffs. Then removed the pivot ball ends from the Limitless brace,drilled holes theu the angle and used m5 allrod (threaded rod or cut off m5 bolts of needed length) to secure the brace. Topped off the angle with some Losi body posts.. have destroyed a few bodies so far, but no problems whatsoever with the mounts or towers.

Resized_20201226_154942.jpeg

Resized_20201226_154935.jpeg

Resized_20201226_155138.jpeg

Great idea!

It’s a little complicated. A regular T2T brace like @KnowAir mentioned probably helps a ton. But the M2C braces have a lot of attachment points, which could be important for really hard landings.

I circled the 4 pieces from M2C in the pic below. I’d be happy to measure any of them if you could use that info.

View attachment 252660

Oh my..
That's a bit More complicated than what I had imagined...

Yeah it's intense. 18 screws.
It creates quite a beefy backbone for the entire chassis end to end though. Definitely key for Duperbash airtime.
I know they make the big shot chassis for it, but I doubt it's needed unless one needs the additional room to mount bigger electronics..
Tekno 7075 is legit. Quality is top notch on their rigs. But, they're racers at heart so inevitably lightweight is dominant in their designs.
Keep an mt410 light, and it's dang impressive even on 4s(I run).

Oh my..
That's a bit More complicated than what I had imagined...
Yup, not a diy the way M2C has done it anyways. Their design is slick though, minimal interference with the stuff you need/want quick access to..at one time, when I thought I was "KnowAir" (LOL), I had thoughts of making a plate that would run down the center of the chassis tying the front to the center diff to the rear bulkhead.. turns out I don't KnowAir, and not THAT ambitious, LOL.. plus it's not needed for how I run it.

Yup, not a diy the way M2C has done it anyways. Their design is slick though, minimal interference with the stuff you need/want quick access to..at one time, when I thought I was "KnowAir" (LOL), I had thoughts of making a plate that would run down the center of the chassis tying the front to the center diff to the rear bulkhead.. turns out I don't KnowAir, and not THAT ambitious, LOL.. plus it's not needed for how I run it.

Well, I can definitely design something like it ,that's not a problem at all.

It's the "producing it" that's the hang up... manufacturing it (in any sort of quantity) with strength AND be affordable.. ( Just on my end alone, my cost would be thru the roof 🚀 )

But, your DIY design and how it's made is solid 🦾
I Like it!

Been thinking about building one of these. Anybody have one, or have any experience with them? Are they pretty durable? Worth the money?
Not much to think about it. Just buy it.
Love my MT.
Great build.
I loved the manual. The best RC manuals are from Tekno. Period.
My only disappointment was when it was finished.
I wanted to keep building it. :giggle:The fit and finish of parts and plastics used is second to none. Take your time with it and enjoy every hour doing so.
Techniques like with diff building and shocks will help you better build your Arrma rigs.
There is nothing like building a high end rig from scratch. RTR's will become lame by comparison. You will clearly see the quality difference.
The MT410 is light and well balanced. The 6s Noto/OC are comparable in size down to the mm.
My MT on 4S smokes my Noto on 6s. Hands down. Handling and speed. Tekno diffs are 5 times stronger than Arrma 6s diffs. Rarely need maintenance or repair. Precison gear sets. Tekno shocks are the best most plush shocks around.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back