Thinking about a Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SCT is also a great truck. I run a little 3660 on 4S and it rips!
Yeah it is!! I nearly missed the mark on my build, max 10 sct(great) and a unbraded HW 3670 2600kv( near miss) . Reason I say nearly missed is, on 3s with 20t pinion it's just fast enough but on 4s, well, too much to be useful to me.. a 3500'ish kv would have been a better fit I think.
Great kit, great truck tho!!

Yeah it is!! I nearly missed the mark on my build, max 10 sct(great) and a unbraded HW 3670 2600kv( near miss) . Reason I say nearly missed is, on 3s with 20t pinion it's just fast enough but on 4s, well, too much to be useful to me.. a 3500'ish kv would have been a better fit I think.
Great kit, great truck tho!!
Have you tried gearing down? A 15T pinion on 4S would put you at the same speed as a 20T on 3S. Both about 42mph.

That 2600kv might heat up a bit on 4S though.

Have you tried gearing down? A 15T pinion on 4S would put you at the same speed as a 20T on 3S. Both about 42mph.

That 2600kv might heat up a bit on 4S though.
I ran a couple packs through on 4s, didn't seem hot, was cool enough that I didn't feel a need to grab a temp gun..more like too much power to control.. my track is small and pretty rough for 1/10 sct. The added traction from the extra cell was kinda nice though.
I need to revisit 4s again, but I'd like to get a 4s brick that fits rather than 2x2s with a Y adapter..hate having to tuck all that wiring from running a Y.. I'll drop the pinion down too, should help keep wheelspin in check.
Interestingly, a 3500kv on 3s is more rpm than a 2600 on 4s. 2600kv is pretty well suited for 4s I believe?

Last edited:
I ran a couple packs through on 4s, didn't seem hot, was cool enough that I didn't feel a need to grab a temp gun..more like too much power to control.. my track is small and pretty rough for 1/10 sct. The added traction from the extra cell was kinda nice though.
I need to revisit 4s again, but I'd like to get a 4s brick that fits rather than 2x2s with a Y adapter..hate having to tuck all that wiring from running a Y.. I'll drop the pinion down too, should help keep wheelspin in check.
Interestingly, a 3500kv on 3s is more rpm than a 2600 on 4s. 2600kv is pretty well suited for 4s I believe?
I agree - I only run two batteries when I have to. I think 2600kv is on the high end of the 4S range. It might be okay with the right gearing and cooling.

Been thinking about building one of these. Anybody have one, or have any experience with them? Are they pretty durable? Worth the money?
Get one, ya is cost a little more but it's worth it 🐄 I out fitted mine with:
HW Max8
HW 4274 2200KV
Amazon 35kg servo
Arrma Back Flip LPs
M2C towers
Proline body

1666985029461.png

Tekno's are like "bet you can't stop with just one". Everyone is so much fun to build and even more fun to run.
Get one, ya is cost a little more but it's worth it 🐄 I out fitted mine with:
HW Max8
HW 4274 2200KV
Amazon 35kg servo
Arrma Back Flip LPs
M2C towers
Proline body

View attachment 252730
The M2C towers are a great upgrade simple for the body mounts, if nothing else. Also like the shock stand offs being stronger..

Tekno's are like "bet you can't stop with just one". Everyone is so much fun to build and even more fun to run.

The M2C towers are a great upgrade simple for the body mounts, if nothing else. Also like the shock stand offs being stronger..
I also just finished a SCT410.3 :cool:

I agree - I only run two batteries when I have to. I think 2600kv is on the high end of the 4S range. It might be okay with the right gearing and cooling.
Perhaps 2600 is high for 4s. But anything lower would be too low for 3s.. I'm pretty well maxed out with the 20t pinion now.. I think it's about as good as I can do with 3 and 4s versatility. Only a $30 or $40 dollar motor anyway..just gonna send it👌

Do it do it. Do it

I have 4 Tekno rigs and they are the best

If you think you need to stiffen up the chassis just MC2 the hell out of it
I agree..buy it buy it buy it!!!😀
I also wish I could have all the Tekno models!! Minus nitro..been there, done that..just don't want the hassle anymore. I'm getting too old🤣🤣

They are awesome trucks. I sold mine because it handled too well. I know, sounds odd...but does not suit my bashing/driving style.

It is more like a precision Italian sports car. I like my RCs more like stupid overpowered mustangs/muscle cars.
Fair enough.. the mt410 is derived from a parts bin mashup of race parts..it's not as durable as a v5 Arrma without some upgrades. It fits for me, but so do Arrmas, TC and even a few others..what a time to be into rc's!!😁🍻

Fair enough.. the mt410 is derived from a parts bin mashup of race parts..it's not as durable as a v5 Arrma without some upgrades. It fits for me, but so do Arrmas, TC and even a few others..what a time to be into rc's!!😁🍻
I also hated that is does not have a pretrimmed prepainted body that fits nice and tight. I hated that part about the truck.
Also, wonder what the options for bumpers and wheelie bars are now? TBone had some nice ones...but they are no more. The stock ones are really weak.

I also hated that is does not have a pretrimmed prepainted body that fits nice and tight. I hated that part about the truck.
Also, wonder what the options for bumpers and wheelie bars are now? TBone had some nice ones...but they are no more. The stock ones are really weak.
I agree on the body. I’m surprised to hear that about the stock bumpers though. I have sent my truck to the moon many times and my bumpers have held up great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back