Thinking about adding sway bars from the vendetta to my build project.is there really a need for them? For speed passes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
Been really looking at the sway bars on the 3s line up like the ones on the vendetta 3s and I wanted to know should I even bother installing them on my build or is not necessary? I was wondering if it helps with speed runs maintaining straight passes.plz any help would be appreciated.thanksšŸ˜šŸ¤Ÿ

For straight line speed running, Sway bars are useless. Focus on other aspects and upgrades.

Last edited:
For straight line speed running, Sway bars are useless. Focus on other aspects and upgrades.
Thanks SRC .that's what I wanted to know.ik that the vendetta and felony and I think infraction have the sway bars and they are all on road vehicles so I was thinking there has to be a reason why they added them to that line.maybey are useful for racing .but since I only do speed passes then it's not needed.again thank you..šŸ¤ŸšŸ˜

The 6s Fel/ Lim and Infr. do have swaybars. Remember that many don't speed run with them. They drift etc. And the 6s line On road rigs are fairly heavy and long. Sway bars are probaby needed more so for technical type driving.
Yet I do know that Raz Shifrin has run his fast speed runners without any Sway bars installed. Sway bars won't hurt you. I just don't see any advantage for straight line speeds. So as an upgrade, don't expect any improvement with directional stability. Provided your shock setup is firm enough for high speeds. Most important.

The 6s Fel/ Lim and Infr. do have swaybars. Remember that many don't speed run with them. They drift etc. And the 6s line On road rigs are fairly heavy and long. Sway bars are probaby needed more so for technical type driving.
Yet I do know that Raz Shifrin has run his fast speed runners without any Sway bars installed. Sway bars won't hurt you. I just don't see any advantage for straight line speeds. So as an upgrade, don't expect any improvement with directional stability. Provided your shock setup is firm enough for high speeds. Most important.
Yes I agree.ok so I'll throw out this idea..I only thought of it because I added a lot to my build from the vendetta and since the option was there to add the sway bars I thought it would help.but like you said for straight passes it won't help so I'll focus on other things ..I suppose this thread is now closed lol.šŸ˜šŸ¤Ÿ

This guy shows that with sway bars he actually got a slight better speed because it held both front wheels down instead of loosing speed from one wheel being lifted on take off without sways..I have noticed that when I take off mine does sway to one side slightly and I have to stear it back straight..maybey adding sways would correct this issuešŸ¤” it's a cheap ass on .but I would need to buy the vendetta control arms and bulk heads first..the control arms on my big rock does not have that center mount for the sway bar and I'm using vortex bulk heads and they are taller towers and the vendetta bulk heads have shorter towers which I would need to also buy the vendetta shocks.so it may cost me a bit to get this done.

Last edited:
Torque steer is the main problem causing this. Sway bar is just a bandaid approach. Sway bars need to be dialed in, ((a technique for this) just slapping them on doesn't cut it., and not really going to help much for your intended purpose. Sway bars aren't designed to control Torque Steer at all!!
Spring Preload will compensate much. Drag cars need to be balanced also. Fr and Rear. As well as the Crossweight to compensate for the Torque steer. The wheelie bar tuning will also help with an even launch. Oil weight in the shocks also matters. Adding weight Ballast helps much also. A crossweight scale is the best tool for this. It doesn't lie. What I use.
The fact that a Drag car appears to "Sway" off the line under hard Throttle, is actually innacurate. Sway is the wrong term here.
So a "Sway Bar" is not the answer. My spin. :cool: Again, it won't hurt. But also won't help much.

Last edited:
Torque steer is the main problem causing this. Sway bar is just a bandaid approach. Sway bars need to be dialed in, ((a technique for this) just slapping them on doesn't cut it., and not really going to help much for your intended purpose. Sway bars aren't designed to control Torque Steer at all!!
Spring Preload will compensate much. Drag cars need to be balanced also. Fr and Rear. As well as the Crossweight to compensate for the Torque steer. The wheelie bar tuning will also help with an even launch. Oil weight in the shocks also matters. Adding weight Ballast helps much also. A crossweight scale is the best tool for this. It doesn't lie. What I use.
The fact that a Drag car appears to "Sway" off the line under hard Throttle, is actually innacurate. Sway is the wrong term here.
So a "Sway Bar" is not the answer. My spin. :cool: Again, it won't hurt. But also won't help much.
I appreciate a experienced advice..I shall take it and not bother with this sway bar lol..when I do my speed passes I never full throttle right off the start.i only try to full throttle when it passes in front of me which is normally half way of the run .and if I happen to have a good start then only will I attempt a full throttle and normally can only hold it for about 4 seconds before it gets out of control.i still have a lot to learn on my rig and I'm not there yet with it being getting a perfect pass.right now my shocks need to go..they are still the stock ones and they are to long.i need shorter ones and since I have the vortex bulkheads the towers are shorter than the big rocks so I'm going to get the vortex shocks .that should get a better stance by dropping it lower I wish I could put on the shocks from the vendetta or even the infraction v3 but I would need to change my bulk heads again.don't think they would work on the vortex towers.not short enough which would cause my control arms to point up and not stay level .so something I need to think about

Negative. Ditch em
Straight line. Doesnā€™t need them.
Iā€™ve removed them from my V1 and V2 made absolutely no difference.
This guy shows that with sway bars he actually got a slight better speed because it held both front wheels down instead of loosing speed from one wheel being lifted on take off without sways..I have noticed that when I take off mine does sway to one side slightly and I have to stear it back straight..maybey adding sways would correct this issuešŸ¤” it's a cheap ass on .but I would need to buy the vendetta control arms and bulk heads first..the control arms on my big rock does not have that center mount for the sway bar and I'm using vortex bulk heads and they are taller towers and the vendetta bulk heads have shorter towers which I would need to also buy the vendetta shocks.so it may cost me a bit to get this done.
Negative. You need to look into setting your ride height to equal length along with preload and shock adjustment if it even has them.

Negative. Ditch em
Straight line. Doesnā€™t need them.
Iā€™ve removed them from my V1 and V2 made absolutely no difference.

Negative. You need to look into setting your ride height to equal length along with preload and shock adjustment if it even has them.
Setting ride height to equal length? Are you referring to the front being equal to the rear? Confused on what you mean.im waiting for shocks to come in .these I will be able to adjust unlike my stock ones.. I would get the vendetta bulk heads but I wouldn't be able to use my body cover because of the body posts not being in the stock location.

Setting ride height to equal length? Are you referring to the front being equal to the rear? Confused on what you mean.im waiting for shocks to come in .these I will be able to adjust unlike my stock ones.. I would get the vendetta bulk heads but I wouldn't be able to use my body cover because of the body posts not being in the stock location.
Iā€™m sorry. Adhdā€¦
Setting the front shocks equal lengths. Preload exact. For speed runs. You need to have a ā€œrakeā€ front needs to sit lower than the rear.. Iā€™ll try to explain the best I can

By rakeā€¦ this is what I meant.

111F703E-B738-4416-9A6C-7EF4E5E77D0F.png

Last edited:
Iā€™m sorry. Adhdā€¦
Setting the front shocks equal lengths. Preload exact. For speed runs. You need to have a ā€œrakeā€ front needs to sit lower than the rear.. Iā€™ll try to explain the best I can
I see now what you mean
I see now what you mean
I honestly hate that look. I like it when my rig is low and equal.but to keep the front end down the rear needs to be lifted a tadd but.i suppose that's why front shocks are shorter than the rear for some models..big rock is one of them .at what speeds is this a concern at?

I see now what you mean

I honestly hate that look. I like it when my rig is low and equal.but to keep the front end down the rear needs to be lifted a tadd but.i suppose that's why front shocks are shorter than the rear for some models..big rock is one of them .at what speeds is this a concern at?
I mean if you can get it to a level you are happy with. But the point behind it is that itā€™s harder for the front to lift and catch air. Iā€™m sure it is possible the way you are trying to achieve.

I don't plan to hit over 100.im happy if I hit 80 so my question is would I still need to elevate the rear if I'm not doing crazy speeds? At what point does the rear effect speed

I don't plan to hit over 100.im happy if I hit 80 so my question is would I still need to elevate the rear if I'm not doing crazy speeds? At what point does the rear effect speed
I didnā€™t have to make adjustments until I was above 120s when my infraction body went flying in the air. But hereā€™s 75mph with my Tamiya Tt-02 went airborne

I mean if you can get it to a level you are happy with. But the point behind it is that itā€™s harder for the front to lift and catch air. Iā€™m sure it is possible the way you are trying to achieve.
Not going to lei I have the front pretty heavy compared to stock..adding all the aluminum suspension parts plus I added the vendetta front bumper and soon a front splitter that I'm making
Ok so i suppose I could jack the rear just a little and it wouldn't look bad..I just don't want to remove the street truck speedster look.the vortex shocks I'm waiting on are shorter in the rear than the big rocks so it should lower my rear and still be higher than the front
Also you mentioned u have a infraction..are the shocks on it all the same size ? Or are rears also a slight longer than the front by stock?.I believe infraction 3s and vendetta 3s share the same size right?
I didnā€™t have to make adjustments until I was above 120s when my infraction body went flying in the air. But hereā€™s 75mph with my Tamiya Tt-02 went airborne
I don't believe the Tamiya is heavier than my build..mine is pretty heavy for all the poop I added in to it plus it's extended length.i have it on punch setting 3 and can't wheelie it from full throttle.i tryed a few times and couldn't do it.thats why I'm planning on moving up to 4s so I can compensate for the added weight.cool vid though šŸ‘šŸ˜šŸ¤Ÿ

Last edited:
Iā€™m sorry. Adhdā€¦

By rakeā€¦ this is what I meant.

View attachment 266754
Yeah that's not bad .I can live with that height.thats pretty much where mine is at now.i thought it had to be much higher in the back which is not what I want it to look like..thank you sir for clarifying this matter.i appreciate it šŸ¤ŸšŸ˜šŸ‘
Not going to lei I have the front pretty heavy compared to stock..adding all the aluminum suspension parts plus I added the vendetta front bumper and soon a front splitter that I'm making
Ok so i suppose I could jack the rear just a little and it wouldn't look bad..I just don't want to remove the street truck speedster look.the vortex shocks I'm waiting on are shorter in the rear than the big rocks so it should lower my rear and still be higher than the front
Also you mentioned u have a infraction..are the shocks on it all the same size ? Or are rears also a slight longer than the front by stock?.I believe infraction 3s and vendetta 3s share the same size right?

I don't believe the Tamiya is heavier than my build..mine is pretty heavy for all the poop I added in to it plus it's extended length.i have it on punch setting 3 and can't wheelie it from full throttle.i tryed a few times and couldn't do it.thats why I'm planning on moving up to 4s so I can compensate for the added weight.cool vid though šŸ‘šŸ˜šŸ¤Ÿ
I have moved the punch setting back to 2nd because having it on 3 doesn't work well for speed runs.i only threw it in 3rd to see if I could wheelie it after I did all this work to it

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back