Kraton Thinking about buying a used v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mafungu

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
Hey everyone,

I have been thinking about getting back into the RC world. I have done my research on various brands and have made up my mind with the info from this forum and YouTube. I came across a modified V3 for about the same price as a new V4. Im going to take a look at it this weekend. Do you have any tips to what to look out for.

Here are some specs from the ad.

. -M2C CHASSIS -MAMMBA MONST X - SAVOX SERVO -HOT RACING DIFF BULK HEAD $ -4 HOT RACING WHEEL HUBS -HOT RACING DIFF CASING ...

it has alot more done to it.... But the ad has been removed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Are they including the radio and receiver?
Even without sounds like a great deal ?

ARRMA KRATON V3 LOADED TO THE NINES

No Longer Available - ARRMA KRATON V3 LOADED TO THE NI
UP FOR SALE IS MY VS KRATON ! THIS THING HAS EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT ON A BIG BOY BASHER . -M2C CHASSIS $224 -MAMMBA MONST X $230 - SAVOX SERVO $140 -HOT RACING DIFF BULK HEAD $180 -4 HOT RACING WHEEL HUBS -HOT RACING DIFF CASING ...

Pulled from my browser history.

Aside from everything done to it. What should i be on the lookout for ?

Look for a smooth running drivetrain. Roll it and turn the wheels. Check the diff. action F/R and Center. Check the shock pack of all 4. Ck. for bent shock shafts. Check for leaking shocks and center diff. Diffs should feel smooth. No chatter. CVD's not bent and spin straight. Drop it from 3 feet. Notice the shock pack. If you can drive it even better. All I can see is that worst case, the diffs need work. Ask how it was maintained. All else should be good visually. Looks like a buy? Upgrades worth so much and all. Good luck.(y)

Last edited:
Look for a smooth running drivetrain. Roll it and turn the wheels. Check the diff. action F/R and Center. Check the shock pack of all 4. Ck. for bent shock shafts. Check for leaking shocks and center diff. Diffs should feel smooth. No chatter. CVD's not bent and spin straight. Drop it from 3 feet. Notice the shock pack. If you can drive it even better. All I can see is that worst case, the diffs need work. Ask how it was maintained. All else should be good visually. Looks like a buy? Upgrades worth so much and all. Good luck.(y)

Thanks

The prices are a little on the high side, bumped up for sure.

To check if the drivetrain is good, roll it back and forth as if doing a wheelie (rear wheels on the ground) holding both front wheels in the air, it should have no clicking. Do the same, front wheels on the ground, hold both rear wheels w your hands and roll it as if doing a wheelie w the front wheels, same deal back and forth etc.
It will put some strain on the drivetrain, but if all is good, no clicking, binding.

Looks like a very good deal, the M2C costs 130, not 230 like he says on the listing. And its high grade aluminum 4mm (silver finish), not carbon fiber liner.

The prices are a little on the high side, bumped up for sure.

To check if the drivetrain is good, roll it back and forth as if doing a wheelie (rear wheels on the ground) holding both front wheels in the air, it should have no clicking. Do the same, front wheels on the ground, hold both rear wheels w your hands and roll it as if doing a wheelie w the front wheels, same deal back and forth etc.
It will put some strain on the drivetrain, but if all is good, no clicking, binding.

Looks like a very good deal, the M2C costs 130, not 230 like he says on the listing. And its high grade aluminum 4mm (silver finish), not carbon fiber liner.

Thanks

Its Canadian doll hairs.

Did you do this on purpose? Cause you made me lol and embarrass myself at work.

I apologize, I have nothing constructive to add. Looks like a good deal! Spend your doll hairs wisely, sir.

Lol

Hi asked the seller for some pictures of the Kraton and the ad listing.

I really think I will be coming home with a new hobby tomorrow.

M2C CHASSIS - SAVOX SERVO -HOT RACING DIFF BULK HEAD -4 HOT RACING WHEEL HUBS -HOT RACING DIFF CASING -HOTRACING SHOCK TOWERS -GPM ALUMINUM TURNBUCKELS -GPM STEERING ASSEMBLIE -GPM ALL 4 LOWER AND UPPER SUSPENSION MOUNTS -REAL CARBON FIBER MOUNT PLATE . -ALL FAST EDDIE BEARINGS. - PROLINE BADLANDS TIRES - TACTIC RECIVER

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_220434_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220434_01.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200111_220428_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220428_01.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200111_220347_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220347_01.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20200111_220355_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220355_01.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200111_220401_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220401_01.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200111_220413_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220413_01.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200111_220419_01.jpg
    IMG_20200111_220419_01.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 54
I really don’t see how you could go wrong on this deal. ?
Especially if all’s he’s asking for it is doll hairs ?

Truck looks clean in this photo. I'd buy it even if diffs needed to be reworked. You'll prolly want to take them apart anyway and while you have it apart, inspect, tighten em up and replace any gears with busted teeth. Worth it.
1578802339326.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back