Outcast Thinking about buying an Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A single 3s works real well. It's much more tame, but still very fast and quick.
I had my son try 3s with his after only ever running 4s and a one time 6s mistake, and he really enjoyed it!!! I was shocked at how quick it still was. He told me he felt way more in control and it definitely showed. He doesn't bash that much, but it convinced me 3s was perfect for him. Think he was still geared up though, 18-20 pinion.

On the 3s for my maiden run with all stock setup, I still managed to severely tweak the front suspension. I bent a shock shaft, destroyed a ball arm, beat the shite out of the body, and more humiliating rookie pilot mishaps.
I use the 3s for tooling around and having fun on the flats. I add the other 3s for 6s insanity when I'm ready to go balls out with a certainty that I'll pay for it with more broken parts to replace.
I'll post a new thread soon on my lessons learned and general antics. Bash on!!

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum, and I'm also new to Arrma. I got into RC a few years ago; I'm deep into building and flying 3d heli's, however, soon as I tried a surface vehicle... I was hooked. Started off with a Redcat (Yuck), then bought my son a Ruckus, and then I bought myself a Vaterra Glamis Uno, which I loved for a good 3 years.......until I laid eyes on the outcast!!! To get to the point, Glamis is now sold, and my new Arrma Outcast will be here in a week or so:D. I also have a servo mount from Greg at GKA in the mail......
I'm seriously like a kid right now waiting and having a hard-time sleeping at night, as I wait for this beast of a truck. lol
I kow this post is older but how where do I get this mount. My outcast should be here Wednesday or Thursday

Well, I did it, I ordered my Outcast today. Based on my experience with the Kraton and Talion and reading all the positive post from you guys. Except for sgerbitz, I don't think he actually has a Outcast or Kraton. What tells me that is, he says his Emaxx out performed his outcast. Not in a million years would that statement be true. The dude is a Traxxas lover and can't stand the fact that Arrma builds superior trucks.
Just upgrade the servo and servo mount. Mine went out in under a week so I got the hitec hs-8330sh. Was going to with the hitec hs-7955tg but I wanted more turning speed than torque since I'm not rock crawling with my outcast

Just upgrade the servo and servo mount. Mine went out in under a week so I got the hitec hs-8330sh. Was going to with the hitec hs-7955tg but I wanted more turning speed than torque since I'm not rock crawling with my outcast
Please do tell what you mean by went out. Mine is a week old and very sluggish I found the servo saver bottomed out. I adjusted and waiting on batteries to charge

Please do tell what you mean by went out. Mine is a week old and very sluggish I found the servo saver bottomed out. I adjusted and waiting on batteries to charge
Meaning it broke and made a loud buzzing sound. I couldn't make a right turn anymore. When i manually turned the wheels it buzzed louder. Took it to my local hobby store and as soon as I turned it on he said "your servo is done man, u have a 2 year warranty on it so send it in or upgrade the servo and servo mount and have the new one u will get as a back up"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back