Outcast Thinking about buying an Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
looks like the Outcast is smaller truck with a nasty attitude. I own a Kraton, Talion and Nero. Love the Kraton and Talion. No comment on the Nero. Reading the outcast forum, I don't see a durability problem. Is it as tough as the Kraton? Looks like it to me. Should I get one?

looks like the Outcast is smaller truck with a nasty attitude. I own a Kraton, Talion and Nero. Love the Kraton and Talion. No comment on the Nero. Reading the outcast forum, I don't see a durability problem. Is it as tough as the Kraton? Looks like it to me. Should I get one?
I love my Outcast. My son prefers driving it over the Kraton and all other RCs. Mines been very durable. The SWB design likes to be thrust up steep inclines and flipped out. Very fun and addictive basher.
4937C5EA69AEEFD6006A456E6003EEC9.jpg

Sounds like a winner to me, just can't beat the Kraton platform. Since owning my Kraton for 7 months, Iv only broken one wing mount, right lower control arm, servo and bent a rear axle. Considering the fact that we beat the crap out of it, that's impressive. After 30 packs I got so bored not having to fix something, I started upgrading just for the hell of it. Now run over 70 and still can't make it crap out. Looks like I'll be getting a outcast now. 4 or 6s? What are most of you running?

Sounds like a winner to me, just can't beat the Kraton platform. Since owning my Kraton for 7 months, Iv only broken one wing mount, right lower control arm, servo and bent a rear axle. Considering the fact that we beat the crap out of it, that's impressive. After 30 packs I got so bored not having to fix something, I started upgrading just for the hell of it. Now run over 70 and still can't make it crap out. Looks like I'll be getting a outcast now. 4 or 6s? What are most of you running?
I only run 6s 16 pinion, 50/100/20k diffs, Orange Tekno Springs, 70/60 weight f/r oil, been running homemade aluminum tower to tower brace for big air occasional bad landings. Little stiff on rough hardpack, responsive overall, happy with this setup. Oh, also Voltage Hobbies servo mount.

I definitely think you should get one OF. If you love your Kraton and Talion you will absolutely love the Outcast. I built a SWB Kraton and it's a blast to drive. I run mine with a 14t and 6s....way too much fun.

I hate my outcast...

I have taken it out 2 times, both times on 4s, and destroyed it.. Not even hard hits.

First time, hit a curb and 1/8th throttle and broke the front end.. (complete broke, shocks, a-arms, diff case, front bumper, drive shaft, knuckles)

2nd time took it out made a small jump and destroyed the rear diff case, rear diff case, shock tower).

I am fixing it up to sell it now.. my traxxas emaxx does bashing better..

Right now, my outcast, as the following

GKA front/rear braces
GKA steering servo brace
Hot Racing knuckles, all around

I hate my outcast...

I have taken it out 2 times, both times on 4s, and destroyed it.. Not even hard hits.

First time, hit a curb and 1/8th throttle and broke the front end.. (complete broke, shocks, a-arms, diff case, front bumper, drive shaft, knuckles)

2nd time took it out made a small jump and destroyed the rear diff case, rear diff case, shock tower).

GKA front/rear braces
GKA steering servo brace

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hate my outcast...

GKA front/rear braces
GKA steering servo brace

Wow...that's unfortunate and unusual. These platforms are usually very durable. I can't believe all that happened in 2 runs on 4s. I'm sorry to hear about all your issues. I would say give it one more try....third time's a charm...lol.

I just won a kraton too, ill give that a go and see how it goes on 4s.. if i break anything im gonna sell all my rcs and go to something more reliable.. lol

I just won a kraton too, ill give that a go and see how it goes on 4s.. if i break anything im gonna sell all my rcs and go to something more reliable.. lol

Wait...you didn't pay for your outcast and now you just won a Kraton? There is your issue....your getting your rc's for free so the rc gods are making you pay....lol! Good luck with your Outcast and now your Kraton. I hope everything works out for you...the next step up on reliability is a 1:1 but I don't thing you wanna bash that...HA!

How do you win an outcast and a kraton? I must be doing something really wrong I don't win anything

How do you win an outcast and a kraton? I must be doing something really wrong I don't win anything
I am a member on a facebook groups that sell "stickers" which are raffles.

Well. Since I'm watching this thread lol. I picked one up locally this afternoon. So guess we shall see. And it was under $500 new. Fingers are crossed. But we will find out late tonight and rest of weekend lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back