Thinking about getting a Nero. But which one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
Hi guys,
Well, i've been cruising the net lately and got the itch to get yet another Arrma vehicle to add to my lineup of R/C vehicles. I already have a Senton, and a brand new Typhon I haven't even run yet since it snowed. Got the Typhon back in December and just been slowly working on it over winter. It's sitting on my work bench now waiting for me to change out the diff oil. So, I'm thinking about getting Nero too. I'm looking at the diff brain version and the non diff brain version. What are the pros and cons between the two? Kind of leaning toward the diff brain version, but if the regular one is just as good I wouldn't mind that one either. I need some input guys!

id go diff brain big rock, but if money is an issue, go regular and upgrade later. I haven't had an issue with the diff brains or any issues with the big rock, as for the regular nero, I did go through some axle joints, and steering end links.

Hm, to answer this question did not come easy...
We have total 4 Neros here. 1X Big Rock, 2x Nero blue 1x Nero green.
I think you have to consider up the terrain where you can drive and also you´re skills.
The Neros are much heaver than the Senton, for example.
Also the 6S powered Neros "eat" tires if they are too weak! ;)

In our terrain (Forrest, shocker field, mud, sand, snow an ice) diff lock has proven to be better but remember, we are not driving on really tracks! We "tuned" the green Nero with changed the diff oil but we could not find the right setup for all terrain we have.

Arrma says that the Big Rock will have some "HD" parts... I could not see the difference but if they say!? I have just one body stand broken on two other "blue" Neros the push rod ends while crashing against hard stuff like trees... ;)
Error between the ears!

I would like to suggest to choose the Big Rock. The difference of money to upgrade an green Nero later is here not really an option.
To do these "upgrade" later is here more expensive than to buy it direct inbuilt.

Oh, before I forget,... The Fazon is also Nero family!

Geez, this is harder than i thought. I just ordered an Outcast which i have to pick up Saturday. And im still trying to figure out which Nero to get. So the Big Rock has a few more HD parts than the blue nero with the diff brain? I was wondering what the difference was between the BR and the blue one with DB. Hmmm, decisions decisions. I do like how the non Big Rock looks without the body on. Very Batmobile like.

Lol sounds like a good idea.

Wait until Tower is doing the e-cash deal. Buy the green Nero and then use the e-cash and a coupon to offset the cost of the diff brain upgrade kit. That's what I did and my diff brain cost me hardly anything. Plus it gave me the chance to tear my truck down from front to back and really get to know it while I installed the diff brain.

HD Parts still break and they cost a lot more to replace. Unless you're in love with the Big Rock's looks, you can save a ton of cash by going with the green or blue original Nero.

I bought the green nero and have been really happy with it! I changed out the rod and shock ends and haven't had any breaks on 10+ runs. I also sealed the diff and put 500k in the center to ensure the power gets to the ground. I run mostly grass and pavement. Most people bash the blue nero with all diffs open (which is how green version comes). I honestly prefer diff oil over locked diff. Most breaks to drive shafts/pins are people switch diff mode incorrectly. All versions seem great...but bang for buck is green...especially at $330 deal tower had:D!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back